Software Developer in Budapest, Hungary
Frontend developer2012 - PRESENTPrezi.com Inc.
- Worked in a complex frontend application of a presentation tool.
- Created sound playback capabilities for presentations.
- Created integration test and smoke test CI levels, and reduced our dev cycle drastically.
- Created a drag n drop feature to canvas in presentation editor.
- organized coding dojos in different environments.
SENIOR DEVELOPER, OWNER2009 - PRESENTKukori.ca
- An OpenSocial App.
- Developer, co-owner, 1.4M users.
- Developed and co-owns parkocka.hu, a Hungarian comic strip portal. 5 000 UV/day, exclusive strips sold daily.
- Founded the company with college friends to write rails applications.
- Won the 1st prize with a social network application in a Hungarian Telecom's contest.
- Presented about RSpec & BDD in Budapest.rb meetup.
- Used OpenX ad manager.
LEAD DEVELOPER, CTO2011 - 2011Infomeme Ltd.
- Designed and implemented a self publishing web application in Rails 3, using Amazon S3 and Heroku.
- Designed an API and separated the backend as "Infomeme platform”.
- Developed "infomeme-client" Gem for helping to make client applications using Infomeme API.
- Attended the Startup Accelerator Budapest course, won the 2nd prize.
- Built and led the team of rails developers (3 juniors).
SENIOR DEVELOPER2009 - 2011Sanoma Media Budapest cPlc.
- Responsible for designing new price comparison site based on different services in portfolio.
- 30 000 PI/day.
- CT and Transaction business mode.
SENIOR DEVELOPER2005 - 2009Virgo Ltd.
- The largest Hungarian social networking web service.
- Responsible for leading the team of 10+ developers.
- 2.6M users, 13 000 000 PI/day.
- Company sold near to €4 M.
- Popularized the Rails technology for the company to make web apps faster.
LEAD DEVELOPER, OWNER2000 - 2005Pillantás Ltd.
- Developed invoicing app with popular GUI.
- Introduced procurational and invoicing application in many companies in Budapest.
- Built CRM of high standard to attend unique demands of culture and regulations.
DATABASE DEVELOPER1998 - 2000Max-Net Ltd.
- Developed database back-end for work hour registration terminals.
- Designed graphical UI for operators.
- Installed work hour registration system for many comanies in many cities with 100+ employees.
- Refactored the system components to match with unique needs of customers.
PRODUCT MANAGER AND JUNIOR DEVELOPER1995 - 1998Hewlett-Packard Hungary Ltd.
- Built database applications for labeling, bar-codes, numbering, etc.
- Attended business customers, made mass printing solutions for Coca Cola Hungary, METRO, daily newspapers, press companies, etc.
- Prezi.com (Development)http://prezi.com
Prezi is a cloud-based presentation software that opens up a new world between whiteboards and slides. The zoomable canvas makes it fun to explore ideas and the connections between them. The result: visually captivating presentations that lead your audience down a path of discovery.
- iWiW (Development)http://iwiw.hu
iWiW (abbreviation for International Who is Who) is a Hungarian social networking web service started on April 14, 2002 as WiW (Who Is Who). As of 2007 August, it has 2,6 million registered users with real names. Every user can provide personal information such as the place they live in, date of birth, schools and universities they attended, workplaces, interests and pets. One can find friends by a search tool or looking through one's acquaintances' acquaintances.
FrameworksRuby on Rails (RoR), Django
StorageDatabase Administration (DBA), NoSQL, MongoDB
ParadigmsSearch Engine Optimization (SEO)
OtherUser Interface (UI), Google V8
- Bachelor’s degree in Programming and Math1994 - 2005Eötvös Loránd University - Unknown