Verified Expert in Engineering
Ed is a one-person web department with many years of experience embedded with marketing, digital, and communications teams. From enterprise websites to landing pages, he coded and optimized them all with a user-first approach driven by data. Typically the roles of developer, UX specialist, and product manager are separate, but you get all three with Ed.
Google, Slack, Jekyll, Gatsby, GitHub, Shopify
The most amazing...
...thing I've developed is a polling place locator for the Democratic National Committee. It ensured voters knew where and when to vote in the elections.
- Led and provided technical and design direction for products, which included project scoping and budgeting, responsive design, user story mapping, front-end development, quality assurance, and documentation.
- Collaborated with designers, engineers, third-party vendors, content writers, and C-suite staff to gather product requirements, scope projects, and create and assign tasks.
- Created and implemented product management processes into existing client-based project management software for website maintenance, feature additions, and new pages, ensuring quick and organized launches and fixes.
- Supported organization objectives by identifying and configuring tracking for key conversions.
- Facilitated user testing and training sessions, including written documentation for non-technical users and engineers.
Website Analytics Expert
University of Tulsa
- Organized and cataloged a Google Tag Manager instance for simple identification of ad campaigns and analytics events.
- Engineered solutions and provided documentation on Google Analytics 4 and advertiser pixel tracking solutions.
- Correlated KPIs with user events on the website to provide detailed analytics reporting.
Director of Experience
- Established the user experience and web development department to provide technical direction for product development, design, management, and maintenance.
- Collaborated with clients, account managers, designers, content editors, engineers, and third-party vendors to create accessible, user-friendly front-end and web solutions for eCommerce, political campaigns, and marketing projects.
- Established an objective-based project management process for ease of client onboarding and allocation of human capital resources that streamlined the timeline creation process and budget and identified potential blockers to project success.
- Created, managed, and implemented A/B testing focused on eCommerce user journeys and implemented tracking and analyzed data with Google Tag Manager, Facebook Business Manager, Google Ads, and Google Analytics.
- Coordinated with directors to develop long-term strategies for clients to improve user experience, track and increase conversion rates, and comply with accessibility, privacy, and beverage industry regulations.
- Provided subject matter expertise, feature scoping, and client-based communication for third-party software vendors.
- Trained staff on accessibility standards, basic HTML and CSS concepts, and A/B testing to deliver user-focused and objective-based web products.
- Organized a quality assurance procedure for site launches that accurately detailed issues for engineers while providing two-way communication channels between clients and internal staff.
- Developed Jekyll and WordPress sites and integrated eCommerce, CMS, and CRM solutions.
Web Product Manager
- Led and implemented processes for A/B testing based on qualitative and quantitative research and bayesian statistics to achieve user acquisition KPIs as part of the marketing team.
- Ensured scientific viability, the integrity of experimentation, and baseline requirements to manage simultaneous tests on multiple platforms efficiently and reported findings to cross-department stakeholders in communications and product.
- Created user-friendly analysis reports which provided experiment conditions, data controls and variables, Bayesian analysis of results, and clear next steps for further conversion rate optimization.
- Managed and reliably translated the flow of information with communications, software engineers, designers, data engineers, and marketing into Agile methodology for creating front-end applications on an enterprise-scale website.
- Acted as the technical representative of the marketing team for large-scale, multidisciplinary initiatives for the organization and external software vendors.
- Ensured organizational branding was standardized and implemented across all properties of an enterprise website, blog, and support center for multiple brand redesigns.
- Developed a conversion tracking solution with Google Tag Manager for simple integration of tracking services on digital, print, and television campaigns and ensured accuracy in cross-platform acquisition channels.
- Developed, optimized, and maintained the Jekyll website and blog and Zendesk support center for a renewable energy startup.
Democratic National Committee
- Served as the front-end representative of the engineering team for digital and communications teams through translating Democratic Party initiatives and objectives into front-end applications and communicating needs to back-end and data engineers.
- Developed new features for and maintained the enterprise-level website for the Democratic Party.
- Implemented and participated in an Agile methodology for the quick development and quality assurance of rapid response microsites and front-end applications.
- Developed a reusable website template for rapid response microsites, complete with a CMS and compliant with accessibility, campaign finance laws, and legacy browsers.
- Improved the CMS and reorganized content for the DCPCSB website for improved user experience of content editors and users.
- Created an elementary science curriculum to use in conjunction with i-Tree software; designed and developed the website for the project.
- Designed and developed WordPress and Drupal websites that enabled clients to manage their content.
- Provided subject matter expertise on content management, accessibility, and UX to non-technical users in the form of written documentation and in-person training.
Web Communications Specialist
Office of the State Superintendent of Education
- Led and implemented the reorganization of an enterprise Drupal site, which resulted in decreased bounce rates and increased organic search traffic.
- Developed and trained staff on no-cost, easy-to-use solutions for public-facing programs needing event management, assessments/surveys, public commenting, and mapping.
- Managed and created content for agency social media properties and developed the weekly newsletter.
Storyteller Overland Portalhttps://edcupaioli.com/project/storyteller-overland-portal/
DC Gay Flag Football Leaguehttps://edcupaioli.com/project/dcgffl/
The mission here was fairly straightforward—create a website for Farmer Murph to sell his wares. I used my Jekyll template and integrated it with Snipcart’s eCommerce tool, allowing him to easily manage content. Farmer Murph can edit everything on the site if he needs to transplant or propagate.
Republic Restoratives Distilleryhttps://edcupaioli.com/project/republic-restoratives/
Before we came along, they had a broken WordPress site that was expensive to host but not functional. I created a lightning-fast Jekyll site with a CMS that allowed them to easily keep every aspect of the site up to date. I worked with our designer at eStreet to create a functional, minimalist, yet sleek and beautiful website. It's one of my favorite websites.
Mikuna Press Pagehttps://edcupaioli.com/project/mikuna-press-page/
Umbrella Consulting LLChttps://edcupaioli.com/project/umbrella-consulting-llc/
jQuery, React, Facebook SDK, REST APIs, NetSuite API, Liquid, D3.js
Jekyll, GitHub, Google Analytics, Google Optimize, Figma, Adobe Experience Design (XD)
Responsive Web Design (RWD), Web UX Design
Shopify, WordPress, Zendesk, Drupal, WooCommerce, Netlify
Google Tag Manager, Web Project Management, Product Management, A/B Testing, Optimization, Data Analysis, eCommerce, Content Management Systems (CMS), UI Development, User Experience (UX), Responsive UI, Front-end, HTML Email, User Interface (UI), Web UI, Web UX, Pixel Perfect, Responsive Design, Quality Assurance (QA), API Integration, Politics, Gatsby, Leadership, IT Management, SEO Audits, Landing Pages, SEO Tools, NetSuite, Web Development, HubSpot Marketing Hub
Bachelor's Degree in Political Science/Marketing
University of Arkansas - Fayetteville, AR, USA