With over a decade of experience in software development, Edgar has led many products to market—including ERPs, poker assistance systems, and security appliances—and covered the GDPR compliance for small-to-medium businesses around the globe. His in-depth knowledge of C, C++, Assembler, and Windows architecture allows him to be very useful in coding in a variety of modern languages.
ExperienceC++ - 10 yearsMultithreading - 8 yearsSoftware Development Lifecycle (SDLC) - 4 years.NET Core - 4 yearsArchitecture - 3 yearsManagement - 3 yearsPython - 3 yearsHigh-load - 2 years
Sublime Text, Ubuntu, Windows, Git, Visual Studio
The most amazing...
...experience I've had was the launch of my B2B food delivery business, doing sales and writing code at the same time, including the iOS/Android mobile app.
Site Reliability Engineering Manager
- Scaled team to 10 people, trained with full vertical knowledge of software stack company operates.
- Set a base and stretch goals for each team member quarterly.
- Participated in our team's efforts and optimization results so that the company's cloud bill stayed the same as it scaled its customer base threefold while product teams worked without interruptions on delivering new features.
- Achieved a great balance in the team with DevOps, software engineering, and DBA skills, leading to unimaginably deep investigations and optimizations.
Senior Software Architect
- Helped an engineering manager hire a team of three people.
- Worked closely with the architecture team to maintain all used technologies by gathering insights from all layers (OS, application-level) in multi-tier apps (web, workers, database, and so on).
- Migrated from manual VM image manipulations to infrastructure as a code (Packer, Ansible, Terraform).
- Prepared and outlined the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS), descriptions of processes, and the team's responsibilities in penetration/data leak.
- Spearheaded security initiatives, such as custom anti-CSRF protection implementation (on .NET Core) and the SonarQube integration.
C++ Software Architect
- Led a team of ten developers and a manual QA for a security appliance product consisting of ASP.NET, C#, and C++.
- Implemented code reviews and created test cases (for manual QA and automated UI tests).
- Achieved a 24-hour SLA (service level agreement) for customer issues, coordinating the update deployment on the customer side with L3 support.
- Achieved cost-cutting through transferring the CI/CD from TeamCity to Jenkins.
- Transformed from an on-premise type of deployment to SaaS, creating an opportunity for resellers to act as a managed service provider.
C++ Software Engineer
- Refactored the codebase written with jQuery to AngularJS on the server side.
- Transformed redundant service communication on the client-side, reducing the number of services from ten to three (a shift to a monolithic architecture), which generated more than 30% performance improvement.
- Provided CLS compliance between the managed C# code and unmanaged C++ parts, thus reducing the number of hard-to-catch bugs.
- Added unit-test code coverage in various components using gMock, Google Test, and Microsoft Fakes (in C++ and C# parts).
C++ Software Engineer
Questrade Financial Group
- Implemented a cross-platform crash reporting mechanism, pushing all of the crash reports to our servers (C++).
- Optimized protocol adapters to use zero-copy techniques (scatter, gather) on a Windows OS.
- Fixed minor issues for certificate parsing in Qt 4.7.6 sources (C++).
- Provided a security analysis report of client-server communication protocol, identifying the code flows that can lead to code execution on the client side (man in the middle).
Information Integration Group
- Implemented an ERP platform with an ASP.NET Web API back end and an Apache Cordova mobile app on the client side.
- Created a web app based on AngularJS that could operate offline by using local storage as a key-value database and providing seamless synchronization with the back-end data during the recovery of internet connection.
- Built an ASP.NET back end with the Entity Framework all encapsulated in separate services.
- Deployed an installer for the on-premise installation using the WiX toolset.
Freelance Software Developer
- Reverse-engineered various malicious programs using WinDbg and OllyDbg under a Windows operating system.
- Learned various techniques that various types of malware were using and implemented a scoring platform to describe the program's harmful effects.
- Integrated a scoring platform with a Cuckoo Sandbox system based on VirtualBox.
- Created a web-based app for interacting with the system using the Python Tornado framework.
- Integrated existing executable obfuscation frameworks to ensure the high quality of detections done by the platform.
- Created a referral program using PHP, MySQL, and HTML/CSS as a SaaS product.
- Wrote simple Bash scripts for deployment on our physical servers.
- Gained experience in enterprise software engineering.
GFI Endpoint Security
C++, C, Assembler x86, C#, Python, PHP, HTML, CSS
Qt, Boost, .NET Core, PhoneGap, ASP.NET, ASP.NET MVC, AngularJS, ASP.NET Core, Django, Angular, .NET 5
WinAPI, POCO C++, Microsoft Foundation Class Library (MFC), jQuery, Underscore.js, Standard Template Library (STL)
WiX, Microsoft Visual Studio, WinDbg, Visual Studio, Git, Sublime Text, OllyDbg, Terraform, Ansible, Packer, Vault
Windows, Ubuntu, MacOS, Kubernetes, Azure
Multithreading, Network Protocols, Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC), Architecture, High-load, Cordova, DevExpress, Site Reliability Engineering (SRE), Monitoring, Optimization, Technical Hiring
Agile Software Development, Management
NoSQL, MySQL, PostgreSQL
Bachelor's Degree in Applied Mathematics and Informatics
Yerevan State University - Yerevan, Armenia