Senior Front-end Developer (Freelance)2016 - PRESENTJam3
- Developed an engaging and socially-integrated responsive web application for MTV Movie Awards 2016 using JSPM and ES6.
- Helped develop a CMS for Facebook's Branding Resources Center using React.js as part of a mid-sized team.
- Created an interactive hi-res image viewer for Google's Datacenter Murals Project using Node.js/ES2015.
- Contributed to the production of a platform that allows the National Film Board of Canada to manage and present all its projects over different production phases using React and Redux.
Senior Front-end Developer (Freelance)2013 - PRESENTUnit9
- NBC Universal wanted to create an interactive second screen experience showcasing the new SyFy series ‘The Magicians.’ The challenge on the technological side was building standalone games for each of the 13 episodes. Each game required different tech, like AngularJS, CoffeScript, SASS, HTML5 video, Canvas, WebGL, and CSS3 2D and 3D animations.
- Created a responsive and interactive poll, translated for users from all around the world, using AngularJS. In the poll, Chevy posed the question to consumers: what would happen if you put down your phone and looked up?
- Developed the Adidas Challenge: All or Nothing, an interactive scavenger hunt created to extend the hype beyond the 2014 FIFA World Cup. Players participated using Street View to find clues scattered around the globe. Each quest had its starting point somewhere in Brazil, with a clue leading them to their first checkpoint. Players are tested with football trivia and win the next clue in the quest, getting one step closer to the next checkpoint, if they answer correctly. This website was developed using BackboneJS.
- Built Johnson's Baby "Hello, My Name Means," which captures real-time data from the world’s top social media sites to predict the future of a baby’s name. It is an HTML5 microsite that takes advantage of complex APIs to compile and analyze large data sets from several social sources. It shows you where the name has been, where it is now, and where it is going to be. It was developed using CoffeeScript and BackboneJS.
- Created a site for dog food brand Cesar that enabled users to upload a photo of their dog and discover its breed. We used the Wolfram Cloud API to gather the data about each dog breed and AngularJS to present the results to the user in a fun and interactive way.
Head of Technology, Recomind App2010 - 2013Bucapé Company
- Oversaw the entire cloud Infrastructure and application development of Recomind, a startup acquired by Buscapé in 2010. This was a very interesting period. Since everything was built from scratch, it allowed me to learn a lot about Infrastructure, scalability, back-end, front-end, and mobile development.