Founding Engineer2018 - PRESENTCyber Defence
- Designed and developed workstation monitoring and response software focusing on security, stability, and extensibility.
- Spearheaded the consolidation of cloud assets and developed Terraform and eventually Bicep scripts to manage a growing infrastructure.
- Designed and implemented a cost-effective ingestion and processing pipeline that scales to hundreds of thousands of events per second, with a plan to reach millions of events per second.
- Designed and implemented prototype machine learning models to aid operators in categorizing activity on organization workstations.
- Cut processing and storage cloud costs by more than 50% over a year by altering various Azure configurations, consolidating cloud assets, and optimizing DB queries and C# code.
- Outlined a plan and migrated the engineering team from a quarterly release cycle to a more streamlined CI/CD approach.
Senior Web Developer2015 - 2018Linux Foundation
- Developed and maintained all of the web resources under the Linux Foundation umbrella.
- Worked with remote teams from different time zones, utilizing Jira, Agile processes, and the Scrum methodology for rapid development.
- Integrated a contributor license agreement (CLA) workflow into existing Git hosting services like GitHub, GitLab, and Gerrit.
Web Developer2013 - 2015Eclipse Foundation
- Developed and maintained various web assets built in the Drupal CMS, amounting to hundreds of thousands of visits per month.
- Developed custom Drupal module and created themes focused on development standards, building workflow automation, and extensibility.
- Integrated various other technologies to enhance and scale Drupal like ApacheSolr, Varnish, Bugzilla, and Twitter Bootstrap.
Cyber Analyst and Developer2012 - 2013SecDev
- Developed and headed a WatchDesk service that accepted and handled various cyber security incidents and helped individuals in high-risk environments. Created and maintained multiple websites.
- Installed, monitored, and managed a cloud-based infrastructure critical to the activities of the organization.
- Acted as a lead engineer on developing an obfuscated VPN solution for Windows, Mac, and Linux to bypass oppressive regimes.
- Liaised with clients, partners, and external stakeholders to tailor software solutions to fulfill contract requirements.
- Managed IT-related work around securing organizational intranet and hardware devices for external use in at-risk environments. Configuration of network segregated laptops for training purposes for intelligence and security professionals.
- Worked with large structured and unstructured datasets in remote environments.