Verified Expert in Engineering
Edouard has over a decade of experience in IT, working as a full-stack developer, cloud architect, and DevOps engineer. He prides himself on being able to pick up new technologies and processes quickly to hit the ground running. Edouard's notable accomplishments range from developing a privacy-oriented VPN solution for bypassing oppressive regimes to designing and building the cloud architecture and endpoint agent software for a cyber security startup.
Linux, Windows, Docker, Vim Text Editor, Visual Studio Code (VS Code), Git, Slack, Azure
The most amazing...
...thing I've worked on is a cyber threat hunting platform with an innovative new way for operators to do their job more efficiently.
- Designed and developed workstation monitoring and response software focusing on security, stability, and extensibility.
- Spearheaded the consolidation of cloud assets and developed Terraform and eventually Bicep scripts to manage a growing infrastructure.
- Designed and implemented a cost-effective ingestion and processing pipeline that scales to hundreds of thousands of events per second, with a plan to reach millions of events per second.
- Designed and implemented prototype machine learning models to aid operators in categorizing activity on organization workstations.
- Cut processing and storage cloud costs by more than 50% over a year by altering various Azure configurations, consolidating cloud assets, and optimizing DB queries and C# code.
- Outlined a plan and migrated the engineering team from a quarterly release cycle to a more streamlined CI/CD approach.
Senior Web Developer
- Developed and maintained all of the web resources under the Linux Foundation umbrella.
- Worked with remote teams from different time zones, utilizing Jira, Agile processes, and the Scrum methodology for rapid development.
- Integrated a contributor license agreement (CLA) workflow into existing Git hosting services like GitHub, GitLab, and Gerrit.
- Developed and maintained various web assets built in the Drupal CMS, amounting to hundreds of thousands of visits per month.
- Developed custom Drupal module and created themes focused on development standards, building workflow automation, and extensibility.
- Integrated various other technologies to enhance and scale Drupal like ApacheSolr, Varnish, Bugzilla, and Twitter Bootstrap.
Cyber Analyst and Developer
- Developed and headed a WatchDesk service that accepted and handled various cyber security incidents and helped individuals in high-risk environments. Created and maintained multiple websites.
- Installed, monitored, and managed a cloud-based infrastructure critical to the activities of the organization.
- Acted as a lead engineer on developing an obfuscated VPN solution for Windows, Mac, and Linux to bypass oppressive regimes.
- Liaised with clients, partners, and external stakeholders to tailor software solutions to fulfill contract requirements.
- Managed IT-related work around securing organizational intranet and hardware devices for external use in at-risk environments. Configuration of network segregated laptops for training purposes for intelligence and security professionals.
- Worked with large structured and unstructured datasets in remote environments.
NowTrade strategies are not event-driven like most other algorithmic trading libraries available. The strategies are implemented sequentially, one line at a time, without worrying about events, callbacks, or object overloading.
Eva | Eddie's Virtual Assistanthttps://github.com/edouardpoitras/eva
OpenStreetMap (OSM) Geo Mapperhttps://github.com/edouardpoitras/osm-geo-mapper
Users were typically journalists and activists in high-risk areas worldwide, including China and Syria.
REST APIs, Node.js, NumPy, Pandas, Scikit-learn, Vue, React, Sugar
Azure IoT Hub, Vim Text Editor, Git, Slack, Azure App Service, GitHub, Apache Solr, Varnish, Jira, Jenkins, Terraform, Azure Active Directory B2C (ADB2C), Azure Application Gateway, Azure Application Insights, Azure Web Application Firewall, OpenVPN, GitLab, SugarCRM
REST, Agile Software Development, Agile, DevOps, Functional Programming, Azure DevOps, Serverless Architecture, Scrum
Azure, Azure Event Hubs, Azure Functions, Linux, Windows, Docker, Drupal, Drupal 7, Visual Studio Code (VS Code), WordPress, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Drupal 6, Drupal 8
Azure Blobs, Azure Queue, Databases, PostgreSQL, Azure Table Storage, MySQL, Azure Cloud Services, Relational Databases, Database Performance, MongoDB, Redis, MariaDB
Web Development, GitFlow, Back-end Development, APIs, Full-stack, Web Scraping, Serverless, Minimum Viable Product (MVP), Cloud Services, Architecture, API Integration, Containers, Big Data, Azure Bicep, Azure Virtual Machines, Machine Learning, OpenStreetMap, Obfuscation, Networking, Front-end
Flask, .NET, Django, .NET Core, Bootstrap, Laravel, Express.js
Minor Degree in Computer Science
Carleton University - Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Bachelor's Degree in Commerce and Information Systems
Carleton University - Ottawa, Ontario, Canada