Verified Expert in Engineering
Eduard is a full-stack developer who draws upon his decade of experience and hands-on and can-do approach to successfully develop web and mobile apps, including their front and back ends. He excels at analyzing business problems and then providing solutions using the most suitable design, technologies, and services—both on-site and cloud—to support scale, durability, and reliability while remaining cost-effective. In his free time, Eduard learns new tech by tinkering with his private projects.
MySQL Workbench, pgAdmin, Git, IntelliJ, WebStorm, PyCharm, Linux, Windows
The most amazing...
...experience I've had was designing and leading the development of the 121Mobile product from its demo stage to a full enterprise-level production product.
Wayve Pay LLC
- Developed event-based automation, which closed the loop between the payment providers and the retailer. The back end was developed with Python and AWS Lambda.
- Implemented Shopify store website enhancements and extended functionality.
- Facilitated integrations with 3rd party services and developed a micro-service used as a middle-tier with its back-end logic. The micro-service was based on Python, AWS Lambda, and AWS API Gateway.
- Built a subscription management portal for customers.
- Created and provisioned the infrastructure for the lifetime subscribers portal.
- Worked on the ongoing front-end development to enhance the customer experience within the Shopify store.
Senior Back-end Java Engineer
- Developed an SDK to integrate with 3rd party services.
- Developed a microservice that served as a middle-tier to a 3rd party service.
- Integrated the microservice into the company's products.
Tech Lead | Cloud Architect
- Built an infrastructure and a CI/CD pipeline over the AWS public cloud.
- Revised the existing architecture to solve performance bottlenecks.
- Participated in the development of new features using Python (Django), AngularJS, CSS, HTML5, and WebSockets.
- Created the background along with a scalable, multistep, post-processing solution incorporating computer vision algorithms.
Chief Software Architect
- Developed an eCommerce website based on the Shopify platform with multiple integrations.
- Owned the design, architecture, and implementation of the IoT infrastructure, leveraging the AWS IoT suite, data pipelines, background, and real-time processing, and data analytics services. I worked together with AWS in-house solution architects.
- Designed and developed the software for the mockups—the embodiment of Foldimate's vision—that were shipped to the CES (large consumer technologies event).
- Developed microservices based on Python (Django) and Node.js.
- Designed and led the development of a web app using Spring MVC, Hibernate, AngularJS, Sass, and HTML5.
- Hired and managed the R&D software-development team.
- Designed and built back-end infrastructures on the AWS public cloud and CI/CD pipelines.
- Developed a cross-platform mobile app using PhoneGap.
- Designed and implemented integrations with Facebook, Google, and Bing-Yahoo ad networks.
Senior Full-stack Java Developer
- Developed a cross-platform mobile app as well as custom plugins written in Objective-C.
- Built a cloud-based pipeline for generating custom mobile apps.
- Debugged and optimized complicated queries running on the Oracle database.
Full-stack Java Developer
Ivory Software Systems
- Took ownership and led the front-end development of the stock exchange web app.
- Debugged and boosted the front-end app's performance.
- Designed and built a system monitoring tool. Guided and mentored other team members.
Social Marketplace Apphttp://www.vendefy.com/
On the front end, I updated the existing UI, added new screens, and created integrations with the back-end server. In addition, I released several builds for testing, using TestFlight, as well as a complete build for production. On the back end, I fixed functional bugs, added integrations with Plaid and Stripe APIs, and implemented new business logic. In addition, I built and released the fixes to the production server. Finally, I reviewed customers' resources hosted on AWS and was able to reduce their AWS monthly bills by approximately $1,000.
The code was committed to the client's GitLab repository.
Dating Web Servicehttps://fireupdesire.com/
1. Enhancing an existing theme with new sections
2. Customizing existing sections
3. Performing UI optimization for mobile
4. Integrating and customizing third-party apps
The project was successfully completed in a week for a US-based client.
Shopify App | End-to-End Development
1. Admin panel
a. Author and customize quizzes
b. Monitor performance
c. Help section
2. Storefront widgets
a. Embedded quiz
b. Popup quiz triggered by button
c. Popup quiz triggered by leave store intention
3. Host the app on AWS
a. AWS S3 for storage
b. AWS CloudFront for CDN services
c. AWS EC2 and ALB for hosting
The app was successfully deployed to Shopify's app store. Although this project was delivered, I'm still working with the client on new features and new apps.
As a senior Java back-end engineer, I spearheaded the design and implementation of the project's back end. Within the project's scope, I collaborated with the UI team, developed unit and integration tests, managed dependencies, ensured security and authentication, and provided comprehensive documentation.
An Interactive Test-preparation System
To achieve this outcome, I analyzed the root causes of the issues and proposed possible solutions. After working with the client to create a work plan, the system was up and running to their satisfaction.
Furthermore, I recommended and implemented an upgraded deployment approach, resulting in a more durable application.
REST APIs, Node.js, Google Maps, Shopify API, Liquid, OpenCV, TensorFlow, jQuery, Sockets, Stripe, Leaflet, Facebook Ads API, Facebook API, Facebook SDK, TensorFlow Deep Learning Library (TFLearn), WebRTC, Stripe API, Plaid API, React, AngularUI, Material 2
Object-oriented Programming (OOP), Object-oriented Design (OOD), Functional Programming, REST, API Architecture, Web App Design, Web Application Architecture, Web Architecture, Requirements Analysis, Back-end Architecture, Test-driven Development (TDD), RESTful Development, Microservices Architecture, Microservices, DevOps, Serverless Architecture, Continuous Delivery (CD), Continuous Integration (CI), Agile Software Development, Responsive Web Design (RWD), Unit Testing, MEAN Stack, Behavior-driven Development (BDD)
Amazon Web Services (AWS), Amazon EC2, Shopify, Docker, AWS IoT, AWS IoT Core, AWS Lambda, GIS Cloud, Google Cloud Platform (GCP), Android, iOS, iOS 10+, Windows, Linux, Oracle Database, AWS ALB, Azure, Unix
Technical Leadership, Multithreading, Scaling, Software Architecture, Solution Architecture, Advertising Technology (Adtech), Back-end, Back-end Development, Web Development, System Architecture, API Integration, Full-stack, Distributed Systems, Async.js, Event Design, Code Architecture, Front-end, eCommerce APIs, Architecture, Front-end Development, AWS DevOps, AWS Cloud Architecture, PhoneGap Plugins, Cross-platform App Development, Fintech, eCommerce, Serverless, APIs, OAuth, Cloud Architecture, Software Consulting, Remote Work Consulting, Project Planning, User Interface (UI), Geolocation, Internet of Things (IoT), SaaS, CI/CD Pipelines, User Experience (UX), Google Material Design, HubSpot, GraphDB, Shell Scripting, Natural Language Processing (NLP), Algorithms, WebSockets, Mobile Apps, RhoMobile, Ajax, Project Discovery, Computer Science, Physics, Springbot, Online Dating, GPT, Generative Pre-trained Transformers (GPT), Amazon RDS, Amazon API Gateway
Spring, Hibernate, Django, Angular, Django REST Framework, AngularJS, Spring Boot, PhoneGap, Serverless Framework, OAuth 2, .NET, Express.js, Bootstrap, Ext JS, Swing, Dojo, Selenium, Ruby on Rails (RoR), JUnit, jBPM, JSON Web Tokens (JWT)
Jenkins, ActiveMQ, Git, GitHub, GitLab, TensorBoard, Amazon Elastic Container Service (Amazon ECS), Amazon Simple Queue Service (SQS), GIS, Web GIS, Pytest, Terraform, Google Analytics, PyCharm, WebStorm, IntelliJ, pgAdmin, MySQL Workbench, Sencha UI, Amazon CloudFront CDN, Docker Compose, Apache Tomcat
MySQL, PostgreSQL, PostGIS, Redis, Data Pipelines, NoSQL, Amazon S3 (AWS S3), RDBMS, Databases, Neo4j, MongoDB
Banking & Finance
Master of Science Degree in Computer Science
The Open University of Israel - Raanana, Israel
Bachelor of Science Degree in Computer Science and Physics
The Hebrew University of Jerusalem - Jerusalem, Israel