Founder | Software Engineer2017 - PRESENTBeta Reduction
Technologies: Ruby on Rails, Elixir, Ember.js
- Implemented new features for an Ember.js app.
- Identified inefficient SQL queries.
- Built an API using Ruby on Rails.
- Wrote HTML and CSS code to match the designs.
- Learned what is necessary to start a C corporation in the United States.
Ruby on Rails Engineer2018 - 2018Ascension Press (via Toptal)
Technologies: Ruby on Rails
- Helped build new features on an existing platform.
- Integrated application with the Contentful CMS platform.
- Worked with multiple Rails applications that were strongly tied together.
Software Engineer2016 - 2017Quicky Forecast (via Toptal)
Technologies: Ruby, Ruby on Rails, Elixir, Phoenix, Ember.js
- Implemented new features using Ember.js.
- Implemented new JSON API endpoints using Ruby on Rails.
- Used the Stripe API for payments.
- Converted designs to code.
- Used Highcharts to create charts.
Co-founder | Software Engineer2015 - 2016Michelada.io
- Created the API for a mobile application to be used by millions of users.
- Helped develop a project that was to be used by the Mexican government.
- Gained experience in starting a company.
Software Engineer2014 - 2015OneLogin, Inc.
- Worked with Ruby without Rails.
- Integrated several third-party applications.
- Helped improve a background worker to be more efficient.
- Worked in an Agile team using XP and Scrum.
Software Engineer2013 - 2014Crowd Interactive
- Created an online store using Backbone.js.
- Implemented data scraping for online stores.
- Used Ruby on Rails on every project.
- Developed with the Spree eCommerce framework.
- Worked in an Agile team using Scrum.
- Built up the front-end using Backbone, HTML, and CSS.
- Page Indexer (Development)
A small Rails app that allows you to specify a URL and extract the title and header tags from the page.
- Exercism.io Rust Track Maintainer (Other amazing things)http://exercism.io
I volunteered to help maintain and set up the Rust programming language track at Exercism.io.
It's a service that is used by people interested in learning a programming language by completing exercises. The code that is written is then reviewed and given feedback on by other programmers.
- Meet Phoenix: A Rails-like Framework for Modern Web Apps on Elixir (Publication)In back-end software development, increased productivity often comes at the cost of performance. In this article, Toptal Software Engineer Eduardo Bautista shows us how the Phoenix framework builds on the familiar concepts from the Rails world, and makes it even easier to build robust concurrent applications without compromising performance.
FrameworksRuby on Rails (RoR), Ember.js
ToolsVim Text Editor, Git
ParadigmsObject-oriented Programming (OOP), Test-driven Development (TDD), Agile Software Development, Functional Programming
- Linux EssentialsJANUARY 2017 - PRESENTLinux Professional Institute