- Software and Hardware ArchitectDTA S.A.2013 - PRESENT
Technologies: .NET, Python, C++
- Designed and implemented an automated and adaptable testing system targeting the SAR (synthetic aperture radar) hardware and software components of the SAOCOM I/II space satellite, used for natural disaster monitoring and prevention, in a project for CONAE (Comisión Nacional de Actividades Espaciales), the Space Agency of Argentina.
- Designed and implemented automated testing systems (both hardware and software, including schematics and PCB design) to check and certify the compliance of cable harnesses used in the above satellites with the space norms.
- Hardware and Software ArchitectTECTER S.R.L.2010 - PRESENT
Technologies: Assembler, C
- Redesigned the firmware and software of an existing product to control temperature, humidity, and weight of grain stored inside of silos.
- Software and Hardware ArchitectTS Soft2000 - PRESENT
Technologies: C, C++, Perl, Python
- Designed a generic object-oriented class hierarchy (data containers) for DOS, Windows, and Linux, using C++ and templates, as well as some metaprogramming. Optimized for speed as the STL was not fast enough or flexible enough.
- Designed a generic object-oriented class hierarchy to simplify C++ GUI programming in Windows (similar to MFC but smaller and faster).
- Developed a software-based Wavelet video compressor and decompressor (VFW and DirectShow interfaces) using Intel Assembler / C / C++. Optimized heavily for speed using AMD CodeAnalyst and hand tuning of routines after profiling them. Used Wavelet encoding, Huffman encoding, and Color Space Conversions. Wrote MMX/SSE/SSE2/SSE3/3DNOW/3DNOWEx versions for the BT8x8 chipset-based video capture driver for Windows 98, XP, Vista and Win7 in C/C++.
- Created a website with sectorized but centralized monitoring and controlling of an air conditioning system, remote equipment control modules, remote thermostat modules and central control module with LCD user interfaces, remote monitoring/setup, and control from the outside via modem. Linked all of those by a custom designed and implemented network with network topology autodetection. User and installer manuals. Microchip C/ASM, RS 485.
- Designed an analog thermostat.
- Designed the firmware and software for controlled dose fertilization with a custom GUI and custom multithreaded OO class hierarchy.
- Developed MULTIALARMA, a fully integrated collection system software in C++. Featured a custom-made database engine, with fully automated auto-recovery and multiple concurrent user modification contention and management.
- Designed the firmware and hardware of two alarm systems: one for homes and the other for vehicles.
- Collected system software and parametrized data queries and data input. Printed data queries: dBASE IV.
- Worked on an Odontologic Management System: FoxPro and Intel x86 Assembler. Implemented image capture and display and radiography digitalization with a pen tablet digitizer and custom GUI.
- Designed a software protection hardware lock.
- Software ArchitectSTI2014 - 2015
Technologies: Python, C#, C++, Assembler, RF measuments, EGSE
- Test engineered and developed automation for satellite hardware.
- Android UI and Animations EngineerKeepSafe Software, Inc. (via Toptal)2014 - 2014
Technologies: Android Framework
- Created custom (hand crafted) Android UI animations for a given application.
- Product Support, Bug FixerHarriague y Asociados2012 - 2012
- Managed sales campaign software for a major insurance company. Implemented new features and product support.
- Created a special proxy to maintain traffic safety on a bank's private network. Performed cleanup and support.
- Software ArchitectTS Soft2011 - 2012
Technologies: C, C++, Java, Linux
- Ported Android ICS and Honeycomb to new hardware platforms (NVIDIA Tegra 2).
- Wrote all the required Linux kernel drivers and Android drivers.
- Product Support, Bug Fixing, Test AutomationMotorola Corporation2011 - 2011
Technologies: .NET, WPF, WCF, C++
- Implemented and provided support of new features for a large-scale (statewide) remote camera surveillance system in the USA.
- Software DeveloperIntel Corporation2010 - 2010
Technologies: C++, WPF, .NET, Qt, WebKit, Linux
- Designed and developed solutions to properly and uniformly handle error conditions of an in-house developed software product on Windows and Linux.
- Performed failure cause analysis and testing as well as bug fixing for the product.
- Worked on the internationalization of the product, including code refactoring and the adoption of new technologies.
- Designed and implemented a scripting language for test automation.
- Electronic Product DevelopmentPROTONIC S.R.L.2003 - 2010
Technologies: C++, Assembler
- Performed feasibility investigation, hardware design, firmware design and development, analysis, design and development of user interfaces on Windows and Linux, and final product testing.
- Designed an embedded a microcomputer running Linux multilayer PCB and SMD components, including a 1st level bootloader for Linux and Linux driver design for the associated proprietary hardware running on Linux in C, with GCC and KDevelop.
- Investigated possible graphical user interfaces, focusing on Qt. Decided to implement our own GUI due to commercial reasons.
- Developed a low-cost RTK GPS system using an embedded ARM core.
- Developed people-counting bars, using RS485 Monitoring UI and Pyroelectric sensors. Implemented a sensor-grouping algorithm to detect the number and direction of the people walking under the bar.
- Implemented graphic primitives for the Color TFT LCD controller, written in Assembler targeting the Microchip low-end family MCUs.
- Implemented graphic primitives for the BW LCD controller, written in Assembler targeting the Microchip low-end family MCUs.
- Hardware and Software DesignerPROTONIC S.R.L.2001 - 2008
Technologies: Windows DDK, C++, asm.js
- Designed and implemented a Universal PIC Programmer.
- Designed the hardware and software, with the control software running in Windows with an easy-to-use GUI.
- Wrote a Windows9x/XP kernel driver in C++ with small pieces of an inline assembler.
- Software ArchitectTS Soft2005 - 2005
- Designed and implemented a Spanish voice software TTS synthesizer for embedded systems in C, with an object-oriented approach (optimized for performance and size). Did not use C++ on the targeted system due to a lack of available compilers.
- Hardware and Software Designer/ArchitectTS Soft2004 - 2004
Technologies: Assembler, C++
- Worked on an engraving machine.
- Designed and implemented the monitoring software (C++), the firmware (Microchip MPASM Assembler and PID+FF control loops), and the mechanical engraving system.
- Created machine-to-computer interfaces.
- Designed the positioning system and motor drive electronics.
- Electronic EngineerAUDIOCORD2001 - 2003
Technologies: Altium Designer, Excel
- Designed a 200W RMS audio subwoofer loudspeaker, including cabinet design, Class D ultra high fidelity, and high efficiency power amplifier and power supply.
- Performed measurements to get the associated Thiele-Small parameters required to design the speaker.
- Redesigned the system to get even more power out of it.