- CTOFreelancer2012 - PRESENT
- Made an overlay VPN network which spans Azure, Amazon, GoGrid and Terremark cloud providers.
- Set-up IPSEC VPNs for diverse customers.
- Designed a Digital Signage system, based on RaspberryPi.
- Worked as consultant for Marketing Agencies. Provided automation and technological ideas for marketing actions.
- Partnered with the country's biggest VMware solutions provider to consult when Linux issues. Learned a lot of VMware ESX, VCenter, VCloud, Director, VXLAN.
- Consulted various local software factories. Set-up in-house and cloud based dev & staging data centers. Used Ansible mostly. Set-up monitoring with Zabbix, and a Redmine project management system.
- CTOLa Diaria2009 - 2012
Technologies: Django, Linode, Newspaper
- Managed a 4 people IT team for La Diaria newspaper.
- Deployed an internal call center with 10 seats, using Elastix Asterisk distro.
- Made an ultra thing custom distribution, based on Fedora 12, utilizing RedHat Kickstart.
- Set-up OpenVPN services to provide mobile desktops.
- Deployed complex firewall using the Shorewall framework.
- Resolved very urgent newsroom issues, sometimes not very technical, but taking into account human complexities.
- Set-up ResourceSpace digital assets management to archive and retrieve media, mostly photos. Due to budget limitations, used Linux "MD" software raid PCs as storage servers.
- Administered the website, a complex Django site, and supervised the programmers. The project was hosted on Linode.
- SysAdmin / DeveloperInsophia2007 - 2009
Technologies: Scrapy Framework, Rackspace
- Integrated a team of 4 SysOps for a 100-people team, distributed around the world.
- Packaged the applications (around 6 versioned components) in an RPM format, to deploy to the cluster hosted at Rackspace. Maintained yum repo. Tuned Apache and Lighttpd servers.
- Performed web scraping programming job using Scrapy framework.
- Maintained Trac applications, Subversion repositories and developed Trac Plugins.
- Configured Buildbot to add new applications to CI.
- SysAdminDedicado Telecomunicaciones2004 - 2007
Technologies: Linux, NetBSD, Solaris
- Configured Nagios monitor for the core services.
- Configured Cacti Graphing to gather core services information.
- Made SNMP and XML tools to diagnose deployed network equipment from far away.
- Made a control panel to manage our hosting services. Performed Master to Agent communications via XMLRPC and did the interface with TurboGears framework.
- Set-up a clustered mail transport system, composed of SMTP, POP & IMAP front-ends, with an NFS back-end serving around 5000 customers.
- Helped SAP consultors with the deployment of SAP systems on RHEL3, a failry new option at that time.
- Jointly configured with IBM consultants a BladeCenter chassis with 14 i386 blades and FASTt 500 Fibre Channel. Tied the system to RHEL3, with multipathing.
- SysadminMultitel2002 - 2004
Technologies: PHP, LDAP, Cisco IOS
- Programmed network provisioning systems with PHP & MySQL.
- Cisco iOS administration, from tiny switches to medium sized routers.
- Performed RedBack Router configuration to provide PPPoE access to 500 subscribers.
- Gained experience on deploying WAN wireless networks with Alvarion equipment.
- Phisically and logically maintained a data center with 14 racks for RF and IP networks.
- Wrote daemons with Python multi threading, to coordinate Radius and Routers state, using telnet and 'expect' library. SNMP was not possible.
- SysAdminIntersys2000 - 2002
Technologies: Linux i386 & Alpha, Apache
- Responsible for Linux i386 & Alpha systems administration.
- Performed Apache configuration, DNS, bind and Sendmail configuration.
- Maintained Firewalls (ipfwadm and ipchains) and performed Windows 2000 administration.