CTO2012 - PRESENTFreelance
Technologies: Redmine, Zabbix, Ansible, VXLAN, Director, VWware Private Cloud, vCenter, VMware ESX, Raspberry Pi, Go, Amazon, Azure
- Made an overlay VPN network which spans Azure, Amazon, GoGrid, and Terremark cloud providers.
- Set-up IPSEC VPNs for diverse customers.
- Designed a digital signage system based on RaspberryPi.
- Worked as a consultant for marketing agencies. Provided automation and technological ideas for marketing actions.
- Partnered with the country's biggest VMware solutions provider to consult when Linux issues.
- Consulted various local software factories. Set-up in-house and cloud based dev and staging data centers. Used Ansible mostly. Set-up monitoring with Zabbix and a Redmine project management system.
Freelance Certifications Team Member2015 - 2016Linux Foundation (via Toptal)
Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), Namespaces, Linux, Consul, AWS CloudFormation, AWS, Python
- Wrote tools used for automatic evaluation of exams, using Python.
- Prepared proofs of concepts for product utilization.
- Administered evaluations process.
- Built and deployed Docker images for internal services.
- Deployed a private Docker registry.
- Dug into Linux namespaces to execute tricky networking procedures.
Freelance DevOps Lead2015 - 2016Tetrascience (via Toptal)
Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), Amazon CloudFront CDN, PostgreSQL, Terraform, Grafana, Nginx, Node.js, AWS
- Designed the whole infrastructure from scratch, based on AWS.
- Implemented Jenkins CI/CD.
- Implemented infrastructure as code with Ansible + Terraform. Interconnected with the same inventory.
Freelance DevOps Team Member2014 - 2015Dubber, Inc. (via Toptal)
Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), SaltStack, Asterisk, Boto, AWS, Ruby on Rails (RoR), Ruby
- Implemented infrastructure as code with Saltstack.
- Implemented infrastructure as code for AWS with Python Boto library.
- Provided AWS administration.
Freelance DevOps Lead2014 - 2015Plumlytics (via Toptal)
Technologies: Ruby on Rails (RoR), Ruby
- Deployed cloud infrastructure.
- Implemented Jenkins CI/CD.
- Implemented chatOps with Slack.
- Implemented infrastructure as code with Ansible and Terraform.
CTO2009 - 2012La Diaria
Technologies: Newspapers, Linode, Django
- Managed a four-person IT team for La Diaria newspaper.
- Deployed an internal call center with ten seats, using Elastix Asterisk distro.
- Made an ultra thin custom distribution, based on Fedora 12, utilizing Red Hat Kickstart.
- Set up OpenVPN services to provide mobile desktops.
- Deployed a complex firewall using the Shorewall framework.
- Resolved very urgent newsroom issues, sometimes not very technical, but taking into account human complexities.
- Set up ResourceSpace digital asset management to archive and retrieve media, mostly photos. Due to budget limitations, used Linux "MD" software raid PCs as storage servers.
- Administered the website, a complex Django site, and supervised the programmers. The project was hosted on Linode.
SysAdmin/Developer2007 - 2009Insophia
Technologies: Rackspace, Scrapy
- Integrated a team of four SysOps for a 100-person team, distributed around the world.
- Packaged the applications (around six versioned components) in an RPM format, to deploy to the cluster hosted at Rackspace. Maintained yum repo. Tuned Apache and Lighttpd servers.
- Performed a web scraping programming job using Scrapy.
- Maintained Trac applications, Subversion repositories, and developed Trac Plugins.
- Configured Buildbot to add new applications to CI.
SysAdmin2004 - 2007Dedicado Telecomunicaciones
Technologies: Solaris, NetBSD, Linux
- Configured Nagios monitor for the core services.
- Configured Cacti Graphing to gather core services information.
- Made SNMP and XML tools to diagnose deployed network equipment from far away.
- Made a control panel to manage our hosting services. Performed Master to Agent communications via XMLRPC and did the interface with TurboGears framework.
- Set-up a clustered mail transport system, composed of SMTP, POP & IMAP front-ends, with an NFS back-end serving around 5000 customers.
- Helped SAP consultors with the deployment of SAP systems on RHEL3, a failry new option at that time.
- Jointly configured with IBM consultants a BladeCenter chassis with 14 i386 blades and FASTt 500 Fibre Channel. Tied the system to RHEL3, with multipathing.
Sysadmin2002 - 2004Multitel
Technologies: Cisco, LDAP, PHP
- Programmed network provisioning systems with PHP and MySQL.
- Provided Cisco iOS administration, from tiny switches to medium sized routers.
- Performed RedBack Router configuration to provide PPPoE access to 500 subscribers.
- Gained experience deploying WAN wireless networks with Alvarion equipment.
- Maintained a data center (physically and in terms of data logic) with 14 racks for RF and IP networks.
- Wrote daemons with Python multithreading to coordinate Radius and Routers state, using telnet and 'expect' library. SNMP was not possible.
SysAdmin2000 - 2002Intersys
Technologies: Apache, Linux
- Provided Linux i386 and Alpha systems administration.
- Performed Apache configuration, DNS, bind, and Sendmail configuration.
- Maintained firewalls (ipfwadm and ipchains) and performed Windows 2000 administration.