Senior Cloud Architect2018 - PRESENTACTS
Technologies: MS Azure, Data Factory, SQL, Azure ML, Data Lake, Blob Storage, Logic Apps, SSIS
- Leader of agile team consisting of cloud data architects and data scientists.
- Design large system migrations to cloud, lift-and-shift or green field development in MS Azure.
- Enterprise architecture consultant for Fortune 500 companies making corporate-scale move to MS Azure technologies.
- Designed multiple successful self-service BI implementations.
- Implemented data governance strategies which accelerated the path to advance analytics.
Vice President of Data and Analytics2017 - 2018Neptune Flood Insurance
Technologies: MS Azure, SQL, MongoDB, C#, Power BI, Watson Analytics, PostgreSQL
- Designed and developed a database for a public eCommerce site for purchasing insurance policies at a startup company; used Azure SQL Server, SSIS, .NET.
- Azure PaaS.
- Built and designed a data warehouse for sales and risk analytics; used Azure SQL Server and SSIS.
- Created a business intelligence platform for analyzing sales and risks; it was built with Power BI and SQL. The risk analysis was dependent on geospatial analytics with geocodes, topographical, elevation, statistical modeling of multiple characteristics, and LIDAR data; so I implemented SQL geospatial types and features.
- Constructed a sales forecast tool using R language libraries, SQL Server, and Power BI. This tool was used daily to manage decisions around aggregation and exposure of financial risk.
- Developed dashboards and insights for A/B testing analytics on the company's public website. As an exciting startup, this web site is unique in that it sells flood insurance directly to consumers which is presently not common. Used Google Analytics, SQL, and Power BI.
Manager of Business Intelligence2012 - 2017Bankers Financial Corporation
Technologies: MS Azure, SQL Server, Power BI, Watson Analytics, DB2, Tableau, Cognos
- Acted as the lead architect for One-click Homeowners, an award-winning predictive analytics tool that used SQL Server and R libraries to predict the best risks for investors. This system outperformed human underwriters in profitability.
- Replaced multiple legacy reporting systems with a cloud-based Azure SQL enterprise data warehouse and Power BI. This system had a high adoption rate and increased the self-service BI usage by 1900%, retired thousands of legacy reports, and became the primary trusted source in the company for financial data. The warehouse also ingested all of the Salesforce data, resulting in marketing team preferring our reporting platform to the Salesforce reports for more flexible and powerful self-service analytics.
- Worked, as a senior analytics resource, with the leadership to guide sales and marketing strategy through data-driven insights with SQL and Power BI.
- Created data-driven market segmentation insights that allowed for measurable revenue gains and cost-savings.
- Constructed operational BI dashboards with Power BI, Cognos, and Tableau for daily management of business processes for product management.
- Implemented regular data influencer checks with Watson Analytics and R statistical risk models for validating risk management data strategies.
BI Platform Leader2011 - 2012Princeton Information Systems
Technologies: SQL, Vertica, Tableau, Azure, Microstrategy
- Developed a SQL data warehouse and Tableau front-end for internal operations using SAP data.
- Architected a SQL, Vertica, and Tableau BI solution for managing high-volume cell-phone call metadata from major carriers.
- Acted as a senior architect in the BI Center of Excellence along with giving my design input for all the major data analytics and BI projects.
- Worked as a SQL data architect for a startup company building web-based financial workflows and a local city government to help optimize SQL-based courtroom recording system.
Enterprise Data and BI Architect2006 - 2011Nielsen
Technologies: SQL, Informatica, Cognos, MicroStrategy, C#, Netezza, SSAS, Sybase IQ
- Architected a system on SQL Server that records and reports box office grosses from 50,000 theatres globally. This is the main system used by Hollywood studios to get box office data.
- Worked as a data architect on the Nielsen TV Ratings' system; designed many custom reporting tools using SQL Server and C#.
- Acted as a BI architect on a Nielsen project in partnership with Facebook. This project combined data from the Nielsen TV data set with the Facebook data set.
- Worked as a member of a corporate data governance team.
- Acted as a SQL and BI architect on a system that helped companies like Procter & Gamble decide whether to bring new products to market.
- Used predictive tools such as SPSS to model data from focus groups and surveys.
Consultant | Trainer | Mentor2003 - 2006TechSherpas
Technologies: SQL, C#, BizTalk, Java, UML, OOAD, VB
- Helped measurably increase profitability for Publix Bakery's data warehouse.
- Mentored the Nielsen TV Ratings' team during a custom app development project with SQL, C#, and ASP.NET.
- Taught, as a Microsoft Certified Trainer, SQL, OLAP, BizTalk, .NET, distributed apps, COM/COM+, and software-as-a-service.