Solution Architect | Neural Network Engineer2015 - PRESENTMinds.ai
Technologies: SpaCy, TensorFlow, Python
- Created an internal toolset to augment TensorFlow and manage the neural network training runs for enterprise projects.
- Constructed an advanced and easy-to-use, distributed automated hyperparameter optimization library.
- Designed and built a neural network-based named-entity recognition system for medical literature.
- Led a distributed data-science team and created the main neural network for text search based on semantic meaning in addition to keyword matches.
- Trained a classification neural network for database tables.
- Instructed and supervised other engineers in the expected use of source control, code style, documentation, and continuous development tools.
- Supported the marketing and BizDev team by creating technical presentations, project plans, demos, and meeting with potential customers.
PhD Candidate2012 - 2016Leiden Observatory
- Extended the AMUSE framework used for multi-physics astrophysical simulations at large hardware scales.
- Published multiple scientific papers on hydrodynamics, star formation, black holes, and stellar wind.
- Wrote a Python library for combining hydrodynamics, N-Body, and stellar evolution simulation codes to simulate stellar wind in embedded star clusters.
- Taught multiple undergraduate- and graduate-level courses on Python programming and computational astrophysics.
- Supervised a master's thesis research project.
Java Developer2010 - 2012Atos
Technologies: Xtext, Java
- Worked in a team that created a civil registration service for the Dutch government.
- Designed and extended domain-specific languages using Xtext to speed up both database design and front-end development.
- Extended a functionality of FileNet for mail and document processing in Insurance companies.
- Created and safeguarded software development standards for a distributed team in the Netherlands and India.
- Performed a software quality audit for a critical application at a major international bank.