Software Developer (part-time)2013 - 2014Entech Solutions
Technologies: Java, Spring, MySQL, Oracle, SOAP, Liferay
- Developed a multi-tier Intranet application for crawlers. Implemented the crawler to look for financial documents on local company networks or the Internet, parse them, and save them to a database.
- Integrated the application with an existing corporate service via SOAP.
- Developed tools for infrastructure and statistics.
- Handled testing and quality assurance.
- Developed the database.
Software Developer2013 - 2014Creative Mobile
Technologies: Java, Cassandra, Spring, Gradle
- Developed a web server application for a mobile game called Drag Racing that had over 100M users.
- Used Cassandra to handle huge amounts of game data. Used distributed locks with ZooKeeper.
- Planned and designed the game with clusters in mind, using 10 Tomcats and 5 Cassandra nodes behind Nginx as a proxy.
- Performed server load testing to measure approximate application throughput.
- Developed a client library for interacting with game servers.
Software Developer2012 - 2013Ritm
Technologies: Java, J2EE, MySQL, GlassFish, Apache POI
- Developed a J2EE-based platform for gathering telemetric data from a large variety of security and fuel consumption GSM devices (e.g. server software for a device that measures the axle load of a truck and transmits the data to the main server).
- Developed a persistence layer with the JPA framework on top of a MySQL database to fulfill the needs of storing and filtering data from devices.
- Developed a scheduling web application for motor park staff (e.g. day/night shift management and adjustments).
- Created a REST module with some features of the bigger system exposed to mobile clients.
- Developed a reporting subsystem with Excel/PDF generation.
Software Developer2011 - 2012Tender Pro
Technologies: Java, Spring, PostgreSQL, JPA, Activiti, GlassFish
- Developed a sophisticated business-to-business tender system aimed to fulfill almost any middle business needs. Built the whole system on the Spring Framework paradigm of Inversion of Control.
- Participated in transporting the business model to the Activiti framework.
- Developing persistence storage using JPA technology with Hibernate as the persistence provider. Implemented the possibility of using JDBC in performance critical applications.
- Projected and developed an universal RPC system based on JSON to provide a simple and efficient way to allow heterogeneous client application usage.
- Performed testing and quality assurance.
Software Developer (part-time)2010 - 2011Ailove
Technologies: Java, Tomcat, Netty, Terracotta, Ehcache, PHP, MySQL, PostgreSQL, Memcached, MongoDB
- Maintained and fixed bugs at a large variety of websites.
- Handled server-side development for multiplayer online games («Playmates», MTS Red Quest 2 game, online auctions).
- Enhanced site features with geolocation and the Foursquare API.
- Developed a NoSQL persistence layer with MongoDB and the Morphia mapping library.
- Configured application servers.
- Tested and maintained legacy code.
Software Developer2010 - 2011Swiss Re (R.O.S. Factory)
Technologies: Java, Android, MySQL
- Participated in the development of a «Costing Platform» (COP) all-in-one solution for re-insuring business to business activities. Aimed to accumulate state of art tools and services for actuaries and underwriters to thoroughly model and price a large variety of casualty risks.
- Participated in knowledge gathering activities.
- Performed Android-based media player development. Ported the FLAC (lossless audio) library from x86 to ARM architecture with JNI support for further usage.
- Performed database development.
- Developed internal workflow tools (e.g. time scheduling application for corporate usage).
Software Developer2009 - 2010DarkOnline
Technologies: Java, Tomcat, Hibernate, SmartFoxServer, Terracotta, MySQL
- Developed the Java server for a multi-user online game for a social network. Dealt with high load performance issues and optimized client-server protocol. Clustered Java using Terracotta technology.
- Handled database design and Hibernate development.
- Developed and maintained web applications for Tomcat. Wrote Java servlets for routine game needs: registration, ratings, etc.
- Developed and implemented an AI subsystem for non-playing characters in the game.
- Solved protocol optimization problems.
- Dealt with concurrency issues.
Software Developer2008 - 2009BridgeQuest Labs
Technologies: Java, .NET
- Developed a GUI (Swing) interface for database management utility.
- Developed an intermediate layer between C++ native code and the Java model.
- Developed and maintained a corporative website using .NET technology.
- Tested the GUI with automated software.
- Handled scripting and maintenance activity.
Software Developer2006 - 2007Legion Business Systems
Technologies: .NET, MS SQL, PHP
- Designed and developed a PHP engine for a corporate website.
- Developed a Java-based client for classical a web shop.
- Maintained a corporate database and managed content.
- Developed a bar code printing application.
- Supervised content quality.