Verified Expert in Engineering
DevOps Engineer and Developer
Eimantas is a DevOps/SRE engineer and back-end developer with over four years of experience working with AWS as a certified architect. Adept at working with various AWS services and principles, he's handled projects of varying sizes and complexities—from single containerized APIs to highly available ones—including scalable and fault-tolerant applications in Kubernetes. Eimantas emphasizes security, compliance, and access management, ensuring projects meet the highest standards.
Python, GitLab, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Kubernetes, AWS Cloud Development, Pulumi, Amazon RDS, DevOps, Amazon Elastic Container Service (Amazon ECS), TypeScript
The most amazing...
...infrastructure I've architected and implemented is a highly scalable EKS cluster, hosting 30 highly available websites and serving half a million users.
Skyloop Digital Ltd
- Architected and implemented AWS cloud infrastructure that supported over 400,000 users, adding value by creating a reliable, scalable, and highly available platform that met the needs of a large user base.
- Created dynamic CI/CD pipelines for 27 websites, utilizing Flagger canary deployments to Kubernetes. This approach provided faster and more reliable software releases, minimized downtime, and increased overall system uptime.
- Successfully migrated 27 websites from Digital Ocean to AWS Aurora and EKS cluster without downtime. This migration enhanced the reliability and scalability of the websites, improving the user experience and increasing customer satisfaction.
Senior Back-end Developer
- Architected a scalable microservice infrastructure on AWS for the high-yield bond and leveraged loan markets platform, resulting in increased system stability and faster development cycles.
- Architected and implemented analysis, data entry, aggregation, and reporting features for the platform from scratch using Python Django, significantly improving user experience and increasing engagement with the platform.
- Developed a robust data processing and management system to handle the complex and diverse nature of financial data in the high-yield bond and leveraged loan markets platform. Designed efficient data models, validation, and normalization processes.
Senior DevOps Engineer | AWS Admin
- Architected and deployed AWS infrastructure containing applications running on ECS, event-driven workflows with AWS Lambda, an API gateway, and AWS Step Functions, which enabled efficient and reliable deployment, automated workflows, and fast new feature creation.
- Implemented tight security controls with the AWS security stack, including AWS Config, Amazon GuardDuty, AWS WAF, AWS Security Hub, AWS CloudTrail, and notifications to Slack, enabling real-time threat detection, prevention, and automated responses to threats.
- Created CI/CD pipelines for deployments with Pulumi to different parts of applications and integrations with external providers, resulting in faster and more reliable software releases with enhanced security controls.
- Successfully migrated a Django application from a single EC2 instance to an autoscaled, highly available ECS environment with Datadog monitoring, enabling applications to scale automatically to meet changing demands and reduce the risk of downtime.
- Implemented CI/CD pipelines on GitLab that incorporated Docker image caching, infrastructure deployments, and blue/green deployments, enabling faster and more reliable delivery of new features, reducing deployment errors, and minimizing downtime.
- Shared knowledge and best practices with team members to optimize a Django API and database queries, improving application response times and reliability.
- Developed reusable component-based Pulumi infrastructure code that streamlined the infrastructure deployment process, enabling the quick and easy provision of AWS resources, integrating with Slack for notifications and monitoring with Datadog.
- Designed and deployed complex infrastructure and databases that synchronized data between AWS and AWS China, ensuring smooth and seamless data exchange across regions.
- Optimized CI/CD pipelines using GitHub Actions, enabling faster testing, building, and deployment of application code and cloud infrastructure. It reduced manual errors and increased the speed and efficiency of the development workflow.
- Successfully architected and implemented a microservice architecture on AWS using Kubernetes, NGINX, Flagger, Prometheus, and Grafana, improving scalability, reliability, and system resilience.
- Developed and managed CI/CD pipelines for the microservices, resulting in faster and more efficient code deployment and reduced manual intervention.
- Implemented automated testing and monitoring processes, improving code quality, early detection of issues, and reduced time to resolution.
- Led cross-functional teams to troubleshoot and resolve complex system issues, resulting in improved system availability and reduced downtime.
DevOps and Back-end Engineer
Corner Case Technologies
- Led Aggredium's development team to launch a standardized, proprietary database that enabled the implementation of universal screening and financial, market data, and legal analysis on bond covenants.
- Integrated IaC paradigms to development processes and created reusable Iac and CI/CD templates to jumpstart new projects. This increased development efficiency, consistency, and security while reducing costs and minimizing manual errors.
- Developed several key projects, including MyHelper, Inform Debtor, etc., using Python and Django. The projects provided high-quality solutions to its clients, leading to increased customer satisfaction and trust in the company's services.
- Developed a Django-based web back end for the second-largest national diary system in Lithuania.
- Planned and developed from end to end the features for a desired functionality.
- Optimized APIs and the database schema which improved the response time by 2x.
I developed a standardized, proprietary database for them so they could implement universal screening and perform financial, market data, and legal analysis on bond covenants.
Python, TypeScript, GraphQL, PHP
Django, Laravel, Nameko, Django REST Framework
GitLab, GitHub, GitLab CI/CD, Amazon CloudFront CDN, Amazon Virtual Private Cloud (VPC), AWS CodeDeploy, Amazon CloudWatch, Grafana, Amazon EKS, Amazon Elastic Container Service (Amazon ECS), AWS IAM, AWS CloudFormation, NGINX, Kibana, Helm, Amazon Simple Queue Service (SQS), Terraform, Fastlane, Auth0, MongoDB Atlas, AWS Directory Service, AWS Key Management Service (KMS), AWS ELB, AWS CodeBuild, AWS Simple Notification Service (SNS), Docker Compose, Celery
Web Architecture, DevOps, Microservices, REST, Unit Testing
Docker, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Kubernetes, AWS Lambda, New Relic, DigitalOcean, Azure, Google Cloud Platform (GCP), AWS STS, AWS NLB
PostgreSQL, Databases, Amazon Aurora, Amazon S3 (AWS S3), MongoDB, Elasticsearch, Datadog, Redis, Amazon DynamoDB, Redis Cache
Software Development, AWS Cloud Architecture, ECS, Amazon RDS, CI/CD Pipelines, AWS Auto Scaling, Elastic Load Balancers, AWS Certified Solution Architect, AWS Config, AWS DevOps, Site Reliability Engineering (SRE), Infrastructure as Code (IaC), cdk8s, AWS Cloud Development, Pulumi, AWS CodePipeline, Amazon GuardDuty, Amazon API Gateway, Flagger, Prometheus, Data Migration, Cloudflare, Algorithms, China, Trusted Advisor, Amazon Macie, SonarCloud, Cloud, Load Balancers, Kubernetes Event-driven Autoscaler (KEDA), Amazon DocumentDB, AWS Database Migration Service, Amazon Inspector, Amazon Detective, Elastic APM, AWS Cloud Development Kit (CDK), APIs, Flake8, Poetry, AWS Certificate Manager
Node.js, Django ORM, Zappa, Redis Queue
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science
Vilnius Tech | Vilnius Gediminas Technical University - Vilnius, Lithuania
AWS Certified Security - Specialty
Amazon Web Services
AWS Certified Database - Specialty
Amazon Web Services
AWS Certified DevOps Engineer Professional
AWS Solutions Architect Professional
Amazon Web Services