Verified Expert in Engineering
Elbert is a well-rounded full-stack developer keen on creating end-to-end complex web applications and developing microservices. Specializing in Node.js and React and experienced in microservice systems, AWS services, and infrastructure as code, such as Terraform and CloudFormation, Elbert prioritizes building maintainable and tested programs that help increase teams' work velocity.
Node.js, SQL, AWS Lambda, MongoDB, Amazon DynamoDB, React, CSS, HTML, Microservices, TypeScript
The most amazing...
...thing I've worked on is a hackathon project to create a machine learning-based application capable of recognizing brewers based on their bottle and can designs.
- Mentored students on programming concepts throughout the curriculum, providing guidance and support to help them succeed in completing the full-stack boot camp program.
- Engaged in active reviews of mid and final team projects focused on web application design, helping to complete the project MVP for demos.
- Provided one-on-one project and code reviews, guiding students towards best practices on software development in both front-end and back-end systems.
Intermediate Full-stack Developer
- Enhanced the existing web application for one of PayByPhone's initiatives and brought their MVP product to a production-ready stage by implementing React best practices in a team of back-end developers primarily working with C#.
- Oversaw the design of specific front-end epics for the team with documentation and task arrangements in Jira, enabling the development team to do its work and meet deadlines with minor interruptions.
- Provided training sessions on React development to primarily back-end engineers, which increased the front-end tasks velocity, and improved test coverage and team engagement.
- Developed portals for corporate client users to track parking costs and their corporate fleets histories, improving cost management, tracking, and reporting for business analysis.
- Developed complex features for specialized marketing tools, enabling market researchers to create dynamic, personalized, and meaningful chat and media-based surveys.
- Migrated the legacy monolithic back-end system into microservices using event-driven architecture and design for fault-tolerant services and increased the back-end team velocity.
- Led a team of three developers handling several back-end features in design, architecture, and epic planning. Used Jira tools to support the team in meeting feature development expectations and deadlines.
- Supported the front-end React team in developing complex components during the migration to TypeScript and GraphQL for an improved version of the chat authoring interface.
Slack Code Review Bothttps://github.com/bert-bae/code-review-bot
Nubrew—Beer Label Recognitionhttps://github.com/bert-bae/nubrew
Starwars Story Crawlerhttps://github.com/bert-bae/starwars-scroll
Node.js, React, React Redux, Mapbox GL, jQuery, Stripe, Google Maps API
Microservices, Agile, Scrum, Database Design, REST
AWS Lambda, Amazon EC2, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Docker, Mapbox
Amazon DynamoDB, MongoDB
MUI (Material UI), Redux, Ruby on Rails 5, Next.js, React Native
Amazon Virtual Private Cloud (VPC), Amazon Simple Queue Service (SQS), AWS Simple Notification Service (SNS), Terraform, Git, Slack, Sequelize, Docker Compose, Lerna
Project Development, Software Development, Project Delivery, Amazon RDS, Business Analysis, Time Management, Project Design, Education, Slackbot, Regular Expressions, Machine Learning, Google Cloud Machine Learning
Bachelors' Degree in Psychology and Business
Simon Fraser University - Vancouver, BC, Canada
Professional Scrum Master I (PSM-I)
AWS Certified Developer Associate
Software Development Certification