Elias Poroma Wiri
As a full-stack developer with four years of experience, Elias has been part of big and small projects related to many fields, including advertising, customer service, eCommerce, data analytics, and geolocation tracking. He always makes sure that the product not only works perfectly but also looks good. Elias is flexible, proactive, and fearless in front of large or difficult tasks.
Windows, Linux, Visual Studio Code (VS Code), IntelliJ IDEA
The most amazing...
...project I've developed is the Local Heroes web app that helped promote local producers, farmers, and small businesses in Switzerland during the pandemic.
Software Engineer Intern
- Developed a web application that helped promote local producers and small businesses during the pandemic. I was responsible for 75% of the project; because of its success, it got sponsored by Vaudoise to help promote it online and in local news.
- Designed a scalable architecture to handle large amounts of data, including businesses, products, discounts and offers, maps, and geolocation.
- Extrapolated additional information using Python to scrape data from a public website about the farmers' markets' locations in Switzerland.
Full-stack Software Developer
- Contributed to an ad campaign management system. On the front end, I implemented the UI redesign; on the back end, I added new endpoints and improved existing ones on a REST API, as required by the product owner.
- Coded API endpoints that exported data reports in PDF, Excel, and JSON file formats.
- Upgraded a customer ticket management tool by adding multi-language and multi-time zone support.
- Improved the user experience by adding more interactive visual components, including a dashboard using Highcharts.
- Updated a project from AngularJS (1.4) to Angular 2, making sure nothing was broken during the transition.
- Consolidated end-to-end automated tests by fixing some tech debt left by previous developers and implementing tests for every user story I completed.
- Trained newly hired developers, introducing them to the projects.
Software Developer Intern
Salamanca Solutions International
- Contributed to the maintenance of a customer support system used by a large telecommunications company in Bolivia.
- Fixed bugs reported by the QA team, both in the front end and in the back end.
- Refactored and cleaned legacy code of old stored procedures in the database.
Implemented almost all of the front end and back end. Used React for the front end and Firebase Realtime Database and Firebase Functions for the back end and authentication.
Ad Campaign Management
Handling large amounts of data, I contributed to the implementation of an interactive dashboard and allowed users to export reports in different file formats.
Customer Service Management Platform
I developed new functionality for both applications in the project. Added a rating system and a real-time map with an assigned technician's location and their estimated arrival time.
Slack, GitHub, WebStorm, Git, Jira, Bitbucket, GitLab, IntelliJ IDEA, Ganache, Remix IDE, Visual Studio, Android Studio, Seaborn, Jenkins
Agile Software Development, Scrum, Software Testing, Data Science
Angular, Bootstrap, JSP, Spring, AngularJS, Protractor, Truffle, Express.js, Redux
Node.js, React, Firebase Web SDK, Antd, Pandas, Google Maps API, NgRx, D3.js, Highcharts, Matplotlib
Firebase, Eclipse, Windows, Linux, Visual Studio Code (VS Code), Blockchain, Hyperledger, Hyperledger Fabric, Ethereum, Jupyter Notebook, Android, Oracle Database, Heroku, Docker, Oracle
NoSQL, JSON, MySQL, Oracle SQL Developer, SQL Server 2008 R2, Firebase Realtime Database, MongoDB, Cloud Firestore, Oracle PL/SQL, PL/SQL
Full-stack, APIs, Distributed Systems, Distributed Ledgers, User Experience (UX), Firebase Cloud Functions, Cryptocurrency
Master's Degree in Computer Science
École Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne - Lausanne, Switzerland
Bachelor's Degree in Systems Engineering
Universidad Privada del Valle - Cochabamba, Bolivia
Blockchain Training Alliance
Hyperledger Fabric Fundamentals
Microsoft Certified Professional