Software Engineer Intern2020 - 2020Coteries Lab
Technologies: React, Firebase, Google Maps API, Python, Pandas, Firebase Cloud Functions, Firebase Realtime Database
- Developed a web application that helped promote local producers and small businesses during the pandemic. I was responsible for 75% of the project; because of its success, it got sponsored by Vaudoise to help promote it online and in local news.
- Designed a scalable architecture to handle large amounts of data, including businesses, products, discounts and offers, maps, and geolocation.
- Extrapolated additional information using Python to scrape data from a public website about the farmers' markets' locations in Switzerland.
Full-stack Software Developer2015 - 2018AssureSoft
- Contributed to an ad campaign management system. On the front end, I implemented the UI redesign; on the back end, I added new endpoints and improved existing ones on a REST API, as required by the product owner.
- Coded API endpoints that exported data reports in PDF, Excel, and JSON file formats.
- Upgraded a customer ticket management tool by adding multi-language and multi-time zone support.
- Improved the user experience by adding more interactive visual components, including a dashboard using Highcharts.
- Updated a project from AngularJS (1.4) to Angular 2, making sure nothing was broken during the transition.
- Consolidated end-to-end automated tests by fixing some tech debt left by previous developers and implementing tests for every user story I completed.
- Trained newly hired developers, introducing them to the projects.
Software Developer Intern2014 - 2014Salamanca Solutions International
Technologies: JSP, Java, Spring, SQL, Oracle SQL Developer
- Contributed to the maintenance of a customer support system used by a large telecommunications company in Bolivia.
- Fixed bugs reported by the QA team, both in the front end and in the back end.
- Refactored and cleaned legacy code of old stored procedures in the database.