Verified Expert in Engineering
Elias has over 20 years of experience working with computers and over a decade in designing and programming websites. Elias's work experience includes helping parking lot operators pick the optimal prices, making enhancements to AppCentral's flagship product until the company was acquired, and analyzing user behavior data from millions of Android users to make user-interface design decisions at Google.
Sublime Text, MacOS
The most amazing...
...thing I've coded is a program that solves all of the Cryptopals Crytpto Challenges (more information can be found in my portfolio).
Full-stack Software Engineer
- Implemented and owned a feature to inform parking operators about competitors’ prices and notify them about changes via email.
- Improved the appearance and capabilities of the charts and pages.
- Made major improvements to the loading and rendering performance.
- Conducted user interface experiments for device setup and new account flows for Android devices. Collected and analyzed user behavior data for tens of millions of users which was used to make various user interface features.
- Created various user interface features.
- Improved the accessibility, performance, and flexibility of Android device setup flows.
Front-end Software Engineer
- Tested, debugged, and added features to business simulations which were used by organizations including Harvard Business School and Rio Tinto.
Senior Software Engineer
Good Technology (formerly AppCentral)
- Served as the primary engineer for building iOS and Android mobile applications and cross-browser web applications for organizations including Pepsi, Mitsubishi, Honeywell, and Amgen.
- Redesigned and refactored the mobile app used for AppCentral's custom enterprise app stores to add various features, fix bugs, and improve the performance.
- Added several features to admin interface including ratings and reviews.
- Optimized the admin interface to speed-up loading and rendering.
- Fixed hundreds of bugs including cross-site scripting vulnerabilities and browser-compatibility bugs.
- Added a web storefront interface to allow end users to perform the same functions as the mobile app using a desktop browser.
- Reviewed, modified, and fixed code developed by offshore engineers.
- Acted as a key member of the team that built the insurance lead generation vertical from 0 to $600,000 GP per year within a span of nine months.
- Maintained and enhanced the lead-generation portal application for the insurance vertical.
- Worked as part of a team that used the OpenX opensource ad server to build an exchange for the social gaming sector.
- Engineered and built the quiz/survey/poll offerings for Adteractive.
- Designed several lead-generation portals and websites for the insurance vertical.
- Functioned as an integration engineer for the insurance vertical—performing lead-generation integrations for around 10-to-15 insurance lead-aggregators.
- Maintained and documented the integration spec for Adteractive's insurance lead aggregation (host and post) solution.
VillaAdriatic.com | MontenegroTours.com
- Designed, developed, and launched a website.
- Managed and maintained the pages and database.
Python 3.7: Minor API Improvements for Binary Sequences (PEP 467)https://github.com/python/cpython/pull/3237
Details regarding the proposal can be seen at the site, Legacy.python.org/dev/peps/pep-0467.
The Cryptopals Crypto Challenges Solutionshttps://github.com/elias6/cryptopals_solutions
My Stack Overflow Developer Story
jQuery, React, Google Closure, Google Maps API
Flask, Grails, Ruby on Rails (RoR), CherryPy
Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering
University of Illinois at Chicago - Chicago, IL, USA