Lead Web Developer2013 - PRESENTIceberg Web Development
- Operated my own web development business working directly with SMEs and agencies building and maintaining complex websites and web applications. Most of my projects have involved worked directly with my client all the way from the planning and requirements gathering stages through to go-live and maintenance.
- Built, in 3 years, a solid base of satisfied and repeat clients from a range of industries. I learned new business skills in the areas of sales, marketing, and running a business. I also have grown my technical skills at a rapid pace by staying on top of new developments and always experimenting with new technologies.
- Designed and developed a complete business management app for a self-storage company. This app allowed the business to transition from inefficient manual paper-based processes to automated, streamlined processes. It handles everything from customer bookings, availability, payments, invoicing, financial statements and reports, timesheets, task lists, communication, and more.
- Developed an online platform which connects home owners with house sitters. Home owners list their homes with available dates, images, and other information. House sitters pay a subscription to use the site and contact the home owners to apply to house-sit.
Web Developer2010 - 2013Ascribe PLC
- Managed new releases of software applications from the requirements gathering stage, through design, development and testing phases, to deployments, management of test and production servers, and dealing with advanced technical support issues.
- Liaised with customers, project managers, support, sales staff, and other key stakeholders; also held training sessions for technical staff, support staff, and customers.
- Developed a web-based ordering system in ASP.NET MVC and integrated it with an existing Jade system. I also integrated it with an existing PHP website to allow for single sign-on and authored the user documentation.
- Wrote a new interface between the existing system’s Jade call center module and the phone system in C# .NET—driving the implementation from requirements gathering and design through to testing and deployment. A lot of this time was spent working on-site with the customer.
Software Developer2007 - 2011Orly Productions
Technologies: ActionScript 3, Flash
- Was hired while at university to work part-time to develop a video presentation application from scratch, and continued maintaining it for 4 years on a contractual basis. The application allows the user to create, manage, and play presentations composed of video clips and user-creatable static text/image slides similar to PowerPoint.
- Worked as the sole developer on this project and was responsible for all aspects of the software development life cycle, working closely with a UI designer.
- Learned quickly and successfully the technologies involved.
- Built an application that is used daily by a large number of clients of Orly Productions and has received glowing feedback.
Software Developer2008 - 2010Intranel Limited
Technologies: C# .NET, Visual C++, NUnit, Visual Studio, Subversion
- Started at a testing-level working with a development team based in the UK—writing unit tests for the initial stages of a large C# .NET project (an online music store with social networking aspects).
- Helped maintain and add new features to an observational research tool written in C# .NET. It allows the user to annotate and analyze recorded video.
- Performed user level testing, wrote unit tests using NUnit and wrote the user manual.
- Worked as the primary developer that brought a product prototype to a commercially viable state. The product is a Visual C++ client-server tool for performing usability studies over the internet. It allows a participant to share their screen and webcam, and communicate with one or more coordinators with VOIP and text chat.
- Added features, maintained, refactored, and coordinated the testing and release procedure of the project.
- Worked with Windows Sockets, multithreading, DirectShow filters, the Windows API, MFC, and NSIS installers.