Elliott M Crifasi
Verified Expert in Engineering
DevOps Engineer and Developer
Elliott is a passionate DevOps engineer with over five years of experience working on innovative software. Besides his profound knowledge of Kubernetes, Terraform, Google Cloud Platform, and AWS, he has strong communication and time management skills. Always striving to improve and learn, Elliott is ready to take on new challenges.
Linux, Vi, Tmux, Infrastructure as Code (IaC), CI/CD Pipelines
The most amazing...
...thing I've developed is a custom inventory tracking system at Nike, for which I received a custom wine bottle with the project codename on it.
Senior Cloud Consultant and DevOps Evangelist
- Evangelized DevSecOps principles and led a complete DevOps transformation for the Hawks Basketball Analytics Team. Leveraged GCP, ArgoCD, Helm, Jsonnet, and GitHub Actions.
- Designed and developed a secure and scalable hybrid cloud network that fully integrated with the existing on-premise infrastructure.
- Advised development teams on architecture and software design best practices in relation to security, secrets management, CI/CD, and monitoring.
Senior Site Reliability Engineer
- Developed custom workflow automation to create ephemeral preview environments using Argo CD, GitHub, and TypeScript.
- Consulted with internal teams on system design and reliability best practices.
- Administered Kubernetes clusters with Ingress-NGINX, cert-manager, Helm, and Jsonnet.
- Led the complete cloud migration with zero incidents and downtime.
Senior Full-stack Engineer (Freelance)
- Implemented custom mapping features for Ecobot's flagship mobile app using ArcGIS, Go, Swift, and PostgreSQL.
- Designed continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI/CD) pipelines and AWS infrastructure for Sole Retriever.
- Developed a custom surveying tool to detect psychological bias using React and Firebase, used in innovative research to detect racial bias in corrections officers, featuring complex UX and UI interactions to gather data.
Senior DevOps (SRE)
- Designed distributed event-driven architecture to support an innovative reporting application that reduced operational toil, increased profitability, and informed key business decisions.
- Developed a custom event-driven system to support the reporting application by collating data from disparate sources and calculating key performance indicators (KPIs) to be shown on the front end.
- Led the transition to Kubernetes, which decreased costs and deployment duration from hours to minutes.
- Created reusable CI/CD pipelines using Jenkins and Terraform.
- Created a single-table DynamoDB schema to support mobile application queries.
- Implemented unit and integration tests with high code coverage requirements of over 90%.
- Developed event handlers to power an event-driven inventory tracking system with millions of daily events using Amazon Kinesis Data Firehose and radio-frequency identification (RFID).
- Developed CI/CD pipelines using CircleCI and managed infrastructure with Terraform.
- Developed REST APIs using Node.js and Express.js hosted on AWS.
- Designed multiple SQL database schemas for different clients.
- Implemented role-based access control and authentication with JSON Web Token (JWT).
- Authored a research paper on software evolution and software security that was published by the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE).
- Developed a cloud-based code static analysis tool on AWS using Vue, AWS Lambda, Node.js, and Java.
Site Reliability | Custom Health Monitor for Nike.com
Also, I oversaw the architecture design to support the application and chose an event-driven architecture hosted on Kubernetes.
The front end was developed using React, Redux, D3.js, and TypeScript, and for the back end, I used TypeScript, Apache Kafka, and DynamoDB. Also, I managed infrastructure using Terraform.
AWS Infrastructure and Data Pipelines for a Fintech Company
Sole Retriever | CI/CD and Infrastructure
Terraform, GitLab CI/CD, Logging, GitHub, Tmux, Jenkins, Splunk, RabbitMQ, Amazon Elastic Container Service (Amazon ECS), Amazon Athena, AWS Glue, CircleCI, GitLab, Google Kubernetes Engine (GKE)
DevOps, Design Patterns, Best Practices, Secure Code Best Practices, Unit Testing, REST
Linux, Kubernetes, Google Cloud Platform (GCP), Amazon Web Services (AWS), Amazon EC2, Apache Kafka, Docker, New Relic, AWS Lambda
Cloud Deployment, PostgreSQL, Amazon DynamoDB, Datadog, MySQL, Elasticsearch, Amazon S3 (AWS S3)
Site Reliability Engineering (SRE), Architecture, Cloud Infrastructure, Autoscaling, Load Balancers, AWS DevOps, Infrastructure as Code (IaC), Monitoring, Vi, Scraping, APIs, SSL, Google Cloud Build, CI/CD Pipelines, Argo CD, GitHub Actions, Amazon Kinesis, SaaS, Research, IEEE, Hybrid Cloud Infrastructure
ArcGIS, React, Node.js, Vue
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science
University of Wisconsin-Parkside - Somers, Wisconsin, USA