Director of Software Development2010 - PRESENTFrontpoint Security
- Architected and developed an in-house CRM, web application, and services.
- Expanded the team from one developer to ten developers and two testers.
- Trained and mentored the development teams.
- Reported to the Executive Team.
- Set up an infrastructure to support Agile development, continuous integration, code reviews, and test driven development.
President2006 - PRESENTDot Net Factory, LLC
- Handled software development and architecture for several clients.
- Worked as vendor and technology selection advisor to the United Service Organization (USO).
- Developed a custom Window Forms application for Gratis, Inc.
- Handled custom development and integration of the Yonkly platform using ASP.NET MVC for Avectra.
Senior Developer II2007 - 2008Avanade
Technologies: Windows Mobile, C#, ASP.NET
- Optimized code for a custom Windows Mobile device & application for the US Census Bureau including reducing memory utilization and improving perceived performance.
- Managed and guided a team of junior developers.
Software Architect2003 - 2007Optimal Solutions
- Architected an enterprise healthcare application using Service Oriented Architecture (SOA), .NET technology and an SQL server.
- Managed and worked with a remote team of four developers in India.
- Trained and supported the development team in .NET technologies.
Portal Design and Implementation2005 - 2006Portal Solutions Inc.
Technologies: Sharepoint, Infopath, SQL Reporting Services
- Designed and customized a SharePoint portal.
- Developed and integrated InfoPath solutions with SharePoint.
- Reported services development and integration with SharePoint.
IT Consultant2004 - 2004Genisys Consulting Inc.
Technologies: SharePoint, Reporting Services, SQL
- Built and customized SharePoint web parts.
- Integrated other tools within SharePoint portals.
- Built a reporting architecture for SharePoint users using SQL Reporting Services.
Senior Software Engineer2002 - 2004Burke Consortium Inc.
Technologies: C#, ASP.NET, SQL
- Developed enterprise content and document management systems.
- Developed enterprise intranet websites using .NET, COM, and ASP for large-scale military and corporate clients.
- Developed general-purpose websites including a newsletter distribution center, a community of practice sites, and more.
- Developed Windows applications using .NET, Visual Basic, and other Windows-based tools and languages.
- Designed database schemas for large-scale websites and distributed Windows applications, mainly on the Microsoft SQL server.
Software Engineer2001 - 2002Honeywell
Technologies: ASP.NET, VB.NET, C#, Windows Forms
- Developed a Management Execution System (MES) allowing production plants to monitor every aspect of the production process for rapid product development and reduced product-to-market time.
- Integrated two applications together using COM and a reusable business rules object.
- Optimized execution and load times to speed up the application.
- Built a thin client working in a browser and through firewalls.
Software Architect & Team Lead1999 - 2001NanoCom Corp.
Technologies: VB.NET, VB6, COM, Video Compression
- Designed and implemented an online presence tracking 3-tier, client-server, and scalable systems with firewall support.
- Designed a multi-control unit for broadcasting data to multiple recipients.
- Designed and implemented a scalable server infrastructure with a referral server and rerouting capabilities. Configured the server to support 1 million simultaneous connections and be capable of expanding further with minor changes.
- Designed and implemented a robust and flexible communication protocol for instant messaging usable for component or even system communication.
- Designed, managed, implemented, and maintained an entire video conferencing software application using TCP/IP protocols and Voice-Over-IP.
- Performed R&D on newer video compression and transport technology using DirectX.
- Designed a communication protocol design for client-server and client-client interactions.
- Managed a team of ten people, including four engineers, in the design, development, and release of a product for instant messaging and online presence tracking.