Senior Software Engineer2017 - PRESENTFreelance
Technologies: Azure SQL, Jenkins, Twitter API, ASP.NET Core 2, Entity Framework Core, Continuous Integration (CI), Software Architecture, Entity Framework, ASP.NET MVC, T-SQL, Azure, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Amazon, AWS, Machine Learning, TensorFlow, Python, Microsoft SQL Server, AngularJS, Xamarin, Test-driven Development (TDD), SOLID Principles, C#, RESTful Services, .NET
- Migrated a legacy monolith ASP.NET application to a microservices architecture on Azure.
- Developed an eCommerce software solution in ASP.NET MVC.
- Created a tweet sentiment analyzer in Python and TensorFlow to provide signals for a stock trading bot.
- Created a mobile application for Android in Xamarin.
- Developed a REST API back end for the above application with ASP.NET Core 2.
- Finished at the Diamond Tier (top 1%) at the Halite AI Programming Competition by Two Sigma, competing against more than 4,000 developers from 460 organizations, including but not limited to Google, Ubisoft, NASA, Goldman Sachs, Citi, and Facebook.
Software Architect | Co-founder2004 - 2017eStreamDesk
Technologies: AWS S3, AWS EC2, Facebook API, Software Architecture, Entity Framework, ASP.NET MVC, T-SQL, ASP.NET, Azure, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Amazon, AWS, WebSockets, Microsoft SQL Server, Knockout.js, jQuery, Test-driven Development (TDD), SOLID Principles, RESTful Services, C#, .NET
- Designed and developed a content management system for dating and social networking sites.
- Developed an image server for the content management system that is still in use and well regarded.
- Designed and developed an online chat system with support for chat rooms, group chats, audio and video chat, and instant messaging.
- Designed and developed an online helpdesk SaaS that was featured and selected as Editor's Choice in Google Apps for Your Domain Marketplace.
- Wrote a custom DNS server to scale the helpdesk service.
- Implemented peer-to-peer SQL server replication to scale the helpdesk service.
- Managed a team of three developers, one designer, and one QA.
- Developed commercial ASP.NET component that won MSD2D People's Choice Award.
- Presented the company's software at CeBIT in Hanover.
Lead Developer2000 - 2006Make-a-Store
Technologies: T-SQL, ASP.NET, PostgreSQL, MySQL, C#, PHP, Perl
- Opened an office for the company in Bulgaria, hired developers and designers, and trained the developers.
- Oversaw the rewriting of the company's legacy software from Perl to PHP.
- Developed software in C# that automatically synchronizes the client's store inventory with Amazon and eBay.
- Developed payment integrations with various payment processing companies.
- Developed an eCommerce affiliate module in ASP.NET.
- Developed an automatic scraping tool that downloads product information and images from various eCommerce sites.
Web Developer2000 - 2002Intermedia, Ltd.
Technologies: T-SQL, PostgreSQL, MySQL, Perl
- Created a PERL script that automatically slices PSD files to HTML.
- Created software to automatically scrape and store book information and images based on the ISBN code retrieved from a portable scanner.