Verified Expert in Engineering
Emmanuel is a developer with 8+ years of experience designing and implementing cloud solutions across industries. Having a deep knowledge and understanding of various cloud platforms such as AWS and Azure, he is proficient in using cloud services like IaaS, PaaS, and SaaS to fulfill specific business requirements. Emmanuel has a successful track record of migrating on-premise workloads to the cloud, optimizing cloud infrastructure, and reducing costs.
Windows, Linux, Terraform, Linux RHEL/CentOS, Visual Studio Code (VS Code), AWS Cloud Architecture, Azure, PyCharm, Microservices, Cloud9
The most amazing...
...solution I've designed and implemented is a highly-available, scalable cloud platform for an eCommerce firm, ensuring a seamless transition and cost savings.
AWS Cloud Infrastructure Architect
- Migrated multiple applications, servers, and databases from on-premise to AWS Cloud using migration services like the AWS Server Migration Service (AWS SMS), AWS Database Migration Service (DBMS), and CloudEndure.
- Configured and monitored continuous integration and delivery using open source tools and services such as Jenkins, SonarQube, Nexus, Mavens, and Ansible.
- Performed patching and upgrading in multiple development, test, and production-environment databases using services such as the AWS System Manager Maintenance Windows.
- Launched, managed, and monitored AWS EC2 instances like Amazon Linux, Windows 2019, Red Hat Enterprise Linux 8, Ubuntu 20.1, and CentOS 7.
- Built and configured a virtual data center in the AWS Cloud by provisioning a virtual private cloud, public and private subnets, security groups, NACLs, route tables, and Elastic Load Balancers.
AWS Cloud Consultant
- Led sessions with clients to understand their needs and requirements. Created and maintained project-related documentation like the statement of work, proof of concept, and technical design documents.
- Presented business and technical analysis, recommendations, architectural designs, and solutions in a clear, concise, and articulated manner.
- Defined cloud strategies, roadmaps, and business cases for cloud adoption after assessing and analyzing on-premise applications.
- Engaged with security and development teams to ensure a secure cloud environment.
- Provided technical writing and high-level documentation with Lucidchart diagrams.
- Investigated Splunk alerts and resolved issues using kubectl and other Kubernetes utilities.
- Automated the process of deleting empty log streams and notifying log groups with never expired tags.
- Turned the process of monitoring instances automated by leveraging the Lambda that monitors instances not complying with company standards and sending weekly notifications for remediation.
- Ensured the end-to-end view monitoring of runtime systems CPU, bandwidth, disk space, and log files using New Relic.
- Developed and maintained deploy jobs for application code deployment across all environments using automation tools like Jenkins, GitHub, Ansible, and Docker.
CPP Application for a Client in the eCommerce Industry
One of my priorities was ensuring the application was secure, scalable, cost-effective, and highly available. This included selecting the appropriate cloud provider, designing the network and security architecture, configuring virtual machines and storage, working with the development team, monitoring performance, staying up to date with cloud technology, and providing guidance to the project team.
GitHub, Amazon Virtual Private Cloud (VPC), Amazon EBS, Amazon CloudWatch, AWS CloudTrail, Jira, Slack, Microsoft Teams, Skype, Terraform, PyCharm, Ansible, AWS CodeBuild, AWS CodeDeploy, AWS CodeCommit, AWS Systems Manager, Jenkins, Grafana, Amazon CloudFront CDN, SonarQube, Amazon Elastic Container Service (Amazon ECS), Amazon Elastic Container Registry (Amazon ECR), AWS Simple Notification Service (SNS), Amazon Simple Queue Service (SQS), Amazon Simple Email Service (SES), Azure Logic Apps, VMware, AWS CloudFormation, Apache Maven, Amazon EKS, AWS Fargate, Nagios
Amazon Web Services (AWS), Visual Studio Code (VS Code), Windows, Linux, Linux RHEL/CentOS, Nexus, Docker, AWS Elastic Beanstalk, AWS Lambda, Azure, Kubernetes, Amazon Lightsail
Amazon S3 (AWS S3), Amazon EFS
AWS Cloud Architecture, AWS Management Console, Autoscaling, AWS Cost Explorer, Microsoft Office, Webex, Interpersonal Skills, Multi-tasking, Creative Problem Solving, Leadership, Troubleshooting, AWS Certified Solution Architect, Cloud9, AWS CodePipeline, Prometheus, Relational Database Services (RDS), Amazon Route 53, Direct Connect (DC), AWS Transit Gateway, Amazon API Gateway, Cloud Migration, AWS Database Migration Service, Server Migration, AWS Control Tower, AWS Organizations, Trusted Advisor, CI/CD Pipelines, Software Engineering, Microsoft Azure, Veeam, GitOps, Shell Scripting, Catalogs, Cloud Architecture
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science
University of Buea - Buea, Cameroon
AWS Certified Solutions Architect Professional
Amazon Web Services
Microsoft Certified: Azure Administrator Associate
AWS Certified Solutions Architect
Amazon Web Services
AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner
Amazon Web Services