Infrastructure Architect, Founder2021 - PRESENTAutomation Rise
Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), Google Cloud Platform (GCP), Kubernetes, Technical Hiring, Source Code Review, Interviewing, Team Management, Amazon EC2, AWS Auto Scaling, Amazon EKS, Argo CD
- Troubleshot health checks, Apache configs, and deployment pipelines on a VM-based GCP stack. The client had a working production environment, but the staging and test phases failed. I managed to intervene, fix the major issues, and provide guidance.
- Migrated a VM-based PHP portal to GKE. I designed the infrastructure, implemented it with Terraform, and built the Docker container and CICD pipelines.
- Trained a team of developers on how Kubernetes works, how to leverage its features for their needs, and the most common pitfalls to avoid.
- Trained a team of developers on building reliable infrastructure with Terraform on AWS, leveraging on CI for automation.
DevOps Engineer2018 - 2020Jobteaser
Technologies: Kubernetes, CI/CD Pipelines, PostgreSQL, DevOps, Ansible, Terraform, Python, Cloud, MySQL, Docker, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Helm, Continuous Delivery (CD), Continuous Integration (CI), AWS Lambda, AWS RDS, Amazon S3 (AWS S3), Technical Hiring, Source Code Review, Interviewing, Amazon EC2, AWS Auto Scaling
- Managed, upgraded, and installed Kubernetes clusters on AWS using kOps and Terraform.
- Reduced and optimized AWS costs leveraging tags and custom tools.
- Migrated a heavily customized Jenkins CI/CD to CircleCI.
Devops Engineer2018 - 2018Sketchfab
Technologies: CI/CD Pipelines, DevOps, Linux, Git, Cloud, Docker, Ansible, Jenkins, Django, PostgreSQL, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Continuous Delivery (CD), Continuous Integration (CI), AWS RDS, Source Code Review, Amazon EC2, AWS Auto Scaling
- Reduced the build time of the 3D pipeline with Docker multistage from 3 hours to 10 minutes.
- Maintained AWS with Ansible and Jenkins pipelines.
- Troubleshot and developed a fix for performance degrading pages with Django.
Full-stack Developer2014 - 2017International Fund for Agricultural Development
Technologies: CI/CD Pipelines, Apache, HTML, CSS, Web Development, Liferay, Ansible, Jenkins, jQuery, Bootstrap, Continuous Delivery (CD), Continuous Integration (CI), Source Code Review
- Managed, as the sole developer, the website and intranet development. Both included more than 20GB of static assets.
- Migrated the taxonomy and content from static websites to Liferay.
- Handled full-stack development on Liferay 6.2 and Liferay 7.
President | Co-founder2011 - 2014i2 Image & Imagination
Technologies: PHP, WordPress, Filming, HTML, Web Development, CSS
- Landed clients, kept the team of about five people productive and cohesive, and managed financial and legal duties.
- Organized and planned the shooting of short films, videoclips, web streaming, photo shootings. In many cases, directly participated in the filming, cutting, and grading of videos.
- Contributed to the development of websites using PHP, mostly WordPress.
Software Developer2009 - 2012TCS SRL
Technologies: Java, C, ETL, IT Project Management
- Managed the implementation of the digital catalog of the public library of Boccheggiano (Tuscany, Italy). Oversaw all the operations, including book shelving, software installation, and training.
- Developed a graphical interface for data entry software for fidelity cards.
- Constructed a number of ETL demos with CloverETL for pre-sales of solutions.
- Built a hardware-software solution to interface DigitalCheck check scanners to thin clients.