Senior Data Scientist | CTO | Co-founder2017 - 2019SYNX.AI
Technologies: Python, Docker, Flask, AWS, Scikit-learn, XGBoost, Pandas, SciPy, Keras, TensorFlow
- Created a tool for the automatic searching of the best combinations of preprocessing strategies, neural architectures, and hyperparameters using parallel training in several GPUs.
- Trained a computer vision model with deep convolutional neural networks for the diagnostic of diabetic retinopathy.
- Used machine learning to develop several financial risk models for different Mexican fintechs and banks, helping them to reduce the load on human analysts, adjust their risk strategies, and optimize their portfolios.
- Developed a machine-learning churn model for a major Mexican payment processing company.
- Developed a tool to monitor and optimize aircraft fuel spending for a major international airline based in Abu Dhabi.
- Created a tool for online advertising budget optimization based on reinforcement learning (contextual bandits).
- Performed as a sales engineer—talking with potential clients in order to understand their business needs and translate them into technical data science specifications.
- Lead a team of six data scientists—mentoring and supervising their progress in different projects, making sure everyone was engaged, learning and delivering the right results for our clients.
- Created a demand forecasting model for a large food company using the Prophet library.
Senior Data Scientist2016 - 2017Wizeline
Technologies: Plotly, Pandas, SciPy, Scikit-learn, NetworkX, QGIS
- Designed and oversaw the creation of a tool for the understanding and prediction of oil price differentials arising from the interaction between production volumes, refinery demand and transportation costs, using geographic and financial data.
- Performed as the main technical contact with the client, an oil trading company based in Colorado.
- Led a team of four data scientists and one engineer.
Data Scientist in Computer Vision2016 - 2016Makeup on Us
Technologies: Python, OpenGL, OpenCV, Dlib, NumPy, TensorFlow
- Developed and optimized face and facial landmark detectors, as well as a color synthesizer using transformations in different color spaces as key components of a makeup augmented reality system.
- Presented our technology in a talk at the Microsoft Reactor Center in San Francisco.
- Developed prototypes for other facial computer vision systems such as emotion recognition and face identification using deep convolutional neural networks.
Data Scientist in Financial Analysis2015 - 2016Kueski
Technologies: Python, Pandas, Scikit-learn, Neo4J
- Created a graph database using Neo4J codifying several relationships among customers (phone, Facebook friends, addresses, and more) in order to create network features to feed a fraud detection machine learning model.
- Designed and trained a machine learning model to detect the probability of fraud (identity theft), which included features from a Neo4J graph database, that allowed a 50% reduction in the volume of applications human analysts had to review.
- Participated in the financial analysis of the company's portfolio, creating metrics and insights into the evolution of cohorts, profitability, and so on.
Data Scientist in Marketing2014 - 2015Linio
Technologies: R, Python, Spark
- Optimized eCommerce marketing by developing a model to monitor and calibrate TV advertising campaigns in Latin American using precise information about spot timings, costs and channels and measuring their impact on online visits.
- Used genetic algorithms to find the best possible configuration of agents in customer service call center, taking into consideration the historical hourly volume of calls and parameters such as desired occupancy and operational costs.
- Created a product recommender system based on visit and transaction data using Apache Spark.
Assistant Researcher in Neuroscience2007 - 2008University of Wisconsin
- Applied methods from complex dynamical systems theory such as synchronization and recurrent analysis to electroencephalographic data.
- Applied an independent component analysis for sensor data cleaning.
- Explored the consequences of using different information-theoretical methodologies such as mutual information in the understanding of chaotic systems.