Co-founder | Head of R&D2013 - 2020C.N.A Group
Technologies: Linux, SQL, GraphDB, RabbitMQ, Scala, ASP.NET, C#
- Founded a company to develop a unique platform for multi-channel eCommerce, specifically for products that challenge conventional platforms; utilized a self-developed platform for retail operations.
- Developed a platform that included many different components: channel and marketplace integrations, inventory management, adaptive pricing, efficient product photography solutions, software-driven assembly-line style product data input, and more.
- Delivered the following results: reached $1 million annual sales within two years and increased product-per-employee efficiency 5x compared to our industry competition.
Software Development Leader2011 - 2013Bill Young Productions
- Analyzed objectives and requirements for a wide array of customers from big Fortune 500 companies to small local nonprofits.
- Designed and developed dozens of systems for clients and internal use, ranging from big web-based ASP.NET applications to stand-alone utilities.
- Worked on a variety of projects included corporate legal survey administration and management, marine shipping route configuration, gas-energy site production administration, media encoding utilities, venue reservation & promotion systems, and more.
Technical and eCommerce Operations Leader2009 - 2011KG Cosmetics Group
Technologies: Windows SBS 2000, PHP, Drupal, Joomla, ASP.NET, C#
- Managed and analyzed all technical and eCommerce operations as well as custom software development.
- Analyzed company-wide requirements, vetted contractors, and evaluated external services and tech stacks for procurement and integration, including ERP, POS, security, monitoring, intranet knowledge base, brand marketing, and employee productivity.
- Developed custom tools to assist in reporting, workforce accountability, and workforce sales managerial oversight.
Software Engineering Consultant2009 - 2009TopScan
Technologies: Microsoft SQL Server, IIS, Delphi, SQL, NHibernate, ASP.NET, C#
- Stabilized and enhanced the original system design, innovated and added features, and characterized and solved existing technical difficulties for a startup developing budget-priced portable scanners with built-in OCR support.
- Designed and developed a system for product registration by web services.
- Developed a custom web-based CRM system for vendor and internal use and migrated the design and data from an existing legacy system.
- Analyzed and fixed existing problems with legacy code, mostly written in Delphi.
- Employed black box testing to determine problems in libraries for which we did not have access to source code.
Lead Software Developer (Prototyping)2006 - 2009NewACT
Technologies: Oracle, SyncML, PHP, Apache Tiles, Apache Velocity, Hibernate, SQL, ActiveMQ, Kannel, Spring, Java
- Developed a Java/J2EE-based back-end server of a telecom-grade system for mass mobile usage in a startup developing mobile and cloud data synchronization.
- Led the prototyping of product extensions, new technology introductions, and integrations of experimental services.
- Developed proof-of-concepts to CTO and chief architect for review and provided initial prototypes for development teams to extend and stabilize.
- Headed development on the core server framework, extendable by modular approach.
- Extended server features to support 2-way sync of contact info (vCards) and the popular SyncML synchronization protocol, integration with widely used social services (Facebook app, Picasa, Flickr).
- Performed deployment, systems integration, and verification with clients on-site.
- Coded and deployed on-site real-time fixes to work around client’s faulty infrastructure, or compensate for their broken implementation of specs.
- Optimized core system by hardened web and server security, and audited code for security compliance and good convention adherence.
- Optimized persistence performance by fine-tuning ORM usage.
- Automated the environment builds, code validation, and system deployment with JUnit, EasyMock for HTTP mocking, Ant, and Maven.
Software Developer (Research and Development of Projects)2003 - 2006Israel Defense Forces, Intelligence Corps
Technologies: Linux, TCP/IP, Controls, Win32, .NET, ASP, SQL, C#, C++, C
- Led the software architecture, design, and development of several systems designated for military-use applications.
- Developed systems utilizing a .NET remote infrastructure for distributed systems in C#.
- Upgraded the existing codebases to benefit from current technologies.
- Defined and implemented data collection and data mining procedures.
- Researched and analyzed implementations of various network protocols.
- Analyzed a broad-scale system to ensure compliance with set regulations.
R&D Software Developer2001 - 2003Celletra
Technologies: Linux, Visual Basic, Java, C++
- Developed and characterized applications for the control and reporting of cellular RF repeaters providing range extension and capacity enhancement.
- Researched and prototyped new embedded capabilities using the TINI microcontroller, utilizing its unique integrated JRE to develop in Java running on embedded systems.
- Contributed to the system development and integration, maintained and extended test utilities in C++.