Senior Data Scientist2018 - PRESENTSotera Wireless
Technologies: Python, Jupyter, PyCharm
- Created new SpO2 calibration techniques, SpO2 feature calculations, and a PPG beat classification for signal quality metrics.
- Developed unsupervised learning and clustering techniques in Python.
Data Scientist2017 - 2018Teradata
Technologies: Teradata, SQL, Python, PyCharm, Tableau
- Created event detection algorithms for several business use cases on signals regarding database health; developed those algorithms in Python and SQL.
- Explored root cause data. Given a scenario of poor database performance or unusual behavior, explored massive data sets to find root cause with an accompanying explanation for customers (Python, SQL, and Tableau).
Software Engineer - Scientist III2011 - 2017KAB Laboratories
Technologies: MATLAB, C
- Worked with a team of software engineers and algorithm developers to create handheld push-to-talk radio fingerprinting algorithms.
- Worked on feature extraction and pattern detection on radio signals to uniquely identify radio devices, make, and model independent of the speaker.
- Developed algorithms in MATLAB and collaborated with engineers to convert the code to C for production and helped deploy the product.
- Created unique digital signal filtering techniques for radio fingerprinting. The project had been successful with moderate noise, but real-world applications had more noise than expected. These unique filtering techniques led to the success of the project in real-world noisy environments.
- Developed an algorithm in MATLAB and converted it to C for production; the product was deployed and deemed successful.
- Wrote signal modulation detection algorithms, pattern detection in the Fourier domain. Satellites can be saturated by unwanted signals. Detection of signal modulation and frequency was a way to classify wanted versus unwanted signals.
- Developed algorithms in MATLAB and converted the code to C for production.
- Designed and trained deep learning techniques and other machine learning algorithms to identify ship vessel type based on transit patterns; this project was short term.
Teaching Assistant2011 - 2014UCSD | University of California, San Diego
- Assisted several professors in supplementing course material, hosting discussion sections, holding office hours, grading homework and exams for the following courses: Graduate Level Digital Image Processing, Graduate Level Random Processes, and Undergraduate Probability.
- Received the "Best TA Award" in the Electrical Engineering department for a graduate class in digital image processing.
Teaching Assistant - Instructor2008 - 2010SDSU | San Diego State University
- Acted as an instructor for two classes per semester: Statistics and Business Calculus.
- Designed lesson plans, course material, and graded homework and exams.
- Worked with the professors to assure that the lesson plans aligned with his teaching materials.