R Developer in Marysville, WA, United States
Chief Data Scientist2014 - PRESENTOmni Analytics Group
- Created a set of interactive R Shiny web applications for our laboratory page.
- Worked on numerous projects involving exploratory data analysis and statistical modeling.
- Developed a Shiny training course which was taught at a data science conference in Melbourne, Australia.
- Prototyped and performed a grid parameter search on stylized image transfers in Python.
- Produced many statistical and analytical reports using R Markdown.
Research Assistant2015 - 2017Iowa State University
Technologies: R, RStudio, Shiny, Android, iOS
- Developed an interactive web application for teaching introductory statistics classes.
- Built a model to predict the probability that 2 bullets were fired from the same gun.
- Created a framework to assess the diversity in peptide libraries.
- Developed a package which simulates the manipulation of discrete random variables.
- Maintained and created a framework for performing statistical tests using the lineup protocol.
Quality Assurance Intern2010 - 2013TIBCO Software, Inc.
Technologies: R, RStudio
- Developed an automated testing framework for R functions.
- Deployed this testing framework into a web-based analysis tool.
- Wrote unit tests to test the core functionality in the software.
- Maintained a build system for the software being developed.
- Presented new technologies at weekly meetings to the group.
- Omni Analytics Group Shiny Laboratory (Development)https://labs.omnianalytics.io
As part of my work for Omni Analytics Group, I created a web portal with a suite of Shiny applications which were developed both by myself and my team. These applications prototype and highlight some of our capabilities as data scientists, and give a preview of how an analysis could look if deployed as a web application.
- Past Consulting Work (Development)https://omnianalytics.io/case-studies
Here is a compilation of past consulting work that I have taken part in at Omni Analytics Group. These range from simple exploratory data analysis projects, to complex modeling and integration projects.
- The intRo Statistical Software (Development)https://github.com/gammarama/intRo
A Shiny-based web application to complement an introductory statistics class. This application implements common statistical routines in an easy-to-use web application so that students are happy with their first exposure to statistics. The application is deployed and available at Intro-stats.com.
- Algorithms for Matching Bullets (Development)https://github.com/erichare/bulletr
My PhD research was on algorithms for bullet matching. This involved created an R package called bulletr which implements a set of statistical routines to automatically assess the probability that two bullets were fired from the same gun. We also deployed this as a web application, and our paper on this research was accepted by the Annals of Applied Statistics.
Libraries/APIsGgplot2, Twitter API, D3.js, OpenCV
PlatformsRStudio, MacOS, Linux
OtherPredictive Modeling, Data Visualization, Data Analysis, Natural Language Processing (NLP), Machine Learning, Statistics, Computer Vision
- Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) degree in Statistics and Computer Science2014 - 2017Iowa State University - Ames, IA, USA
- Master's degree in Statistics2012 - 2014Iowa State University - Ames, IA, USA
- Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Engineering2008 - 2012University of Washington - Seattle, WA, USA
- Bachelor of Science degree in Statistics2008 - 2012University of Washington - Seattle, WA, USA