Owner, Software Developer2018 - PRESENTEric Leasure, LLC.
- Automated real-time client system integration by exposing and consuming web APIs, saving the client 20 hours per week, while improving accuracy and speed over the previous redundant manual processes.
- Designed and implemented a branded SPA for B2B clients to use on mobile devices during live speaker events to manage their customer registrations, improving the experience for clients and their customers, and providing better data collection.
- Developed a complete system for providing insights into financial markets by analyzing billions of rows of data using a custom blend of SQL and Python.
Full-stack Software Developer2011 - 2018R&R Healthcare Communications, Inc.
- Produced a reporting module for web portals to provide role-based, customizable, interactive reports for web use, email, and/or export to Excel/PDF. Provided a mechanism for the business to produce high quality branded reports very rapidly.
- Automated all internal reporting and client dashboards, improving accuracy and saving each of the 20+ project directors in the company at least six hours per week.
- Architected and implemented an entire system for creating tests/surveys, including automated grading, communications, PDF certificate generation, reporting, and ETL processes with partnered accrediting institutions.
- Developed a company-wide email system integrated with Mandrill/Mailchimp, allowing to generate scheduled email campaigns, templates with customizable tokens, and dynamically generated attachments, along with tracking capabilities.
- Created four DotNetNuke web portals with custom features, complex business rules, and branding specific to each B2B client for use by their employees.
- Coded 10 DotNetNuke (v7-9) modules for use on customer-facing websites using ASP.NET MVC architecture.
- Developed a web API service layer to enable real-time syncing of data between R&R and client systems.
- Supported all in-house/hosted servers and worked on transitioning code from hosted servers to Azure.
- Documented process flows, recorded training videos, and presented at training sessions for employees and business clients as new systems/features were developed.
Software Engineer III2004 - 2011Talbots
- Assisted with the Internal Consulting Team, comprised of a few elite developers, to aid other Talbots' programming teams challenged by technical requirements and/or tight project deadlines.
- Supported, maintained, and developed 200+ ETL batch processes using SSIS packages for Windows/MS-SQL environments and shell scripts for Unix/Oracle environments.
- Created SSRS and SSAS reports to meet business reporting needs.
- Owned all of the core code for the company-wide cipher system using Java, VB.NET, RPG, and CL.
- Served in a software engineering role as the SME on various systems to manage installs/upgrades/patches, ensure PCI compliance, create/maintain technical documents, and troubleshoot/resolve system issues.
- Assisted in a production control role, managing batch processing schedules, and maintaining computer room operations.