Full-stack Developer2017 - PRESENTCognosante
Technologies: React, Apollo GraphQL, Serverless, AWS
- Developed modern web applications for healthcare providers and hospital administrators. Integrated modern technology and paradigms like serverless, React, and OpenID with legacy healthcare systems.
- Fixed race conditions and other tricky bugs so things could "just work" in all browsers.
- Mentored team members in the new SharePoint Framework which emphasizes React, TypeScript, and modern DevOps practices. Brought an intranet used by 1,700+ people into the present.
Full-stack Developer2015 - 2017The Sanford Guide
- Reduced the likelihood that the human race will eventually be wiped out by super-bacteria by designing and implementing an interactive data visualization to help hospitals prescribe antibiotics effectively. Antibiotic activity can be rapidly compared to multiple pathogens or pathogen classes. This product is currently used by clinical decision makers around the globe.
- Mentored team members in Node.js, and led the creation of an OAuth 2.0 and REST API server for secure authentication and interaction from the web and mobile apps.
- Maintained six Android applications from a single code base with the ability to roll out new features quickly for some or all apps.
- Hacked Google Sheets into a CMS, getting hugs from an M.D. who no longer has to play the "Which email has the latest version of the Spreadsheet?" game.
- Performed many roles traditionally fulfilled by IT operations (due to the company's small size)—including server provisioning and hardening, round-the-clock emergency resolution, and database administration.
- Happily communicated technical concepts and their business impact to non-technical management in plain English.
SAP Developer2012 - 2015Babcock & Wilcox Enterprises
- Developed and maintained business applications used daily by project management, warehouse management, accounting, and human resources.
- Refactored a problematic timekeeping application to eliminate 16 hours per week of manual accounting work.
- Built great relationships by working closely with the end-users.