XML Developer in Sioux Falls, SD, United States
Contractor2018 - PRESENTUniversity of Delaware
Technologies: Oracle Database
- Helped the ID office to import card records.
- Created documentation for the importing process.
- Cleaned up card record lists.
- Consulted on other matters as needed.
Developer2017 - 2018LITU | Leave It To Us (via Toptal)
Technologies: C#.NET, Razor, MS SQL
- Helped a client company with their contractor scheduling software by working their C# back-end and Razor front-end.
- Added and modified multiple tables to their MS SQL back-end database.
Database Administrator II2013 - 2017University of Delaware
Technologies: MS SQL, SharePoint, .NET, C#, Java
- Developed near-real-time middleware application between a personnel database and campus-wide security system, serving several thousand card readers, and over 50,000 cardholders (C#, MS SQL).
- Worked as a product owner—coordinating facilities IT, central IT, housing, parking services, and departments.
- Built the back-end interface with four different systems, including flat file interfaces (C#, MS SQL, PL/SQL).
- Upgraded and migrated SharePoint 2007 to 2013.
- Led the technical side on the upgrade of Ungerboeck EBMS (event management and scheduling software).
Applications Analyst II2011 - 2013PHI, Inc.
Technologies: Java, .NET, REST, ArcGIS
- Developed multiple REST web services returning a variety of data, including images, XML, and JSON (Java, C#).
- Created a coded dashboard for network monitoring software for hundreds of hardware components (Java, MySQL).
Application Developer2007 - 2011Hosting.com
Technologies: C#.NET, Java, ColdFusion, MS SQL, MySQL
- Did general bug-fixing of a large legacy ColdFusion application.
- Transitioned a large legacy application from a single clustered database to dual clustered databases.
- Worked with Agile development.
- Built web forms in ColdFusion.
- Documented network requirements.
- Aviation Weather App (Development)https://github.com/nalfien/AviationWeather
A historic aviation weather processor. Takes data from a collection of aviation weather and analyzes it, before returning averages and other data. Written in PHP.
- Clocks (Development)https://github.com/nalfien/clocks
A series of HTML5/Canvas based analog clocks.
- Language Games (Development)https://github.com/nalfien/LanguageGamesC-
A series of language games, written in C++.
FrameworksJavaServer Pages (JSP), .NET, Ruby on Rails (RoR), ASP.NET, ASP, JSF, Razor, Seam, NUnit, JUnit, Unity3D, Selenium
ToolsGit, Eclipse IDE, Open Office, Microsoft Office, Slack, Visual Studio .NET, Subversion (SVN)
ParadigmsREST, Agile Software Development, Scrum
PlatformsNetBeans, LAMP, Eclipse
StorageMySQL, JSON, Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle PL/SQL
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science2002 - 2007University of Delaware - Newark, DE, USA