- Founder | CEO2017 - PRESENTFoundation Mercury
Technologies: Python, MySQL, AWS, Aurora, jQuery, Bootstrap
- Worked for Foundation Mercury—a geo-demographic database for marketers and researchers with a robust REST API written in Python (Flask), and a MySQL back-end hosted on Amazon Aurora.
- Built this site over the summer with a small team of interns.
- Developed the front-end in jQuery/Bootstrap.
- CTO2017 - 2017Finexio
Technologies: Python, Node.js, MySQL, AWS, RDS
- Worked for Finexio—an early stage startup in the B2B payments space; was fully responsible for all aspects of the technology solution.
- Provisioned and administered Linux virtual machines on AWS.
- Implemented file processing with Python.
- Worked on MySQL data modeling, SQL programming, and database administration.
- CTO2005 - 2017Loop, LLC
Technologies: C#, .NET, SQL Server, AngularJS, Hadoop, Spark, BigQuery
- Was hired as the first employee.
- Filled many roles such as lead developer, product manager, database administrator, and recruiter.
- Designed a custom data access layer to partition data in over 1,000 database tables across dozens of physical database machines.
- Wrote a SIP server in C# from scratch to handle IVR calls.
- Hired and managed a team of over 100 engineers on 18 scrum teams.
- Personally wrote a significant portion of an 8 million line codebase.
- Development Team Leader2004 - 2005Susquehanna Technologies
Technologies: C#, SQL Server, Oracle, ASP.NET
- Led the software development projects for government nonprofits.
- Conducted company training on advanced Microsoft server products such as Biztalk Server 2004.
- Developed OLAP cubes and DTS packages for use by the marketing department at the Graduate Management Admission Council.
- Led the architecture and implementation of the Fraud Emergency Warning System for the American Association of Motor Vehicle Administrators using ASP.NET, C# and SQL Server 2000.
- Led the development team tasked with productizing a customer relationship management system.
- Senior Software Engineer2003 - 2004AOL
Technologies: .NET, C#
- Led as a member of a research and development team responsible for researching Windows Vista alpha builds to prepare for the next version of the AOL client.
- Became the resident .NET expert at the company.
- Lead Developer2002 - 2003British Telecom
Technologies: Java, Oracle, JSP, Solaris
- Led a successful project of migrating a legacy billing application to J2EE/Oracle.
- Gathered the requirements, designed the system, ordered and installed the necessary hardware, and wrote a significant portion of the code.
- Chief of Software Development2000 - 2002Brainbench
Technologies: Java, SQL Server, JSP, J2EE
- Led a team of 12 developers, organized the analysis, and designed new projects—including data modeling and object-oriented design, supervised programming, conducted code reviews, deployed new software on the production site and managed the maintenance of existing web applications.
- Developed web applications using Java, Servlets, JSP, JavaBeans, EJB, XML, DHTML, SQL Server and Flash to develop computer adaptive tests (CAT) for skills certifications.
- Performed systems administration—managing servers running Solaris 8 with Apache, Resin, and Borland App Server.
- Gained extensive experience writing Sh, Bash, and Perl scripts.
- Russian Interpreter | Arms Control Inspector1991 - 2000USMC
- Traveled extensively in the former Soviet Union on a diplomatic passport in support of arms control treaties.
- Led as many as 60 marines as a platoon sergeant.
- Awarded the Defense Meritorious Service Medal and the Joint Service Achievement Medal.
- Was honorably discharged at the rank of staff sergeant.
- Managed an intranet site that hosted training materials at the Defense Threat Reduction Agency.