Software Engineer2020 - 2023
- Built notification features producing 300,000+ daily active users and one million+ monthly active users. Features revolved around modifying the interface to make notifications more appealing, user friendly, and delivered at the appropriate times.
- Optimized notifications infra to save 0.8% of daily CPU use or more than $5,000/day or $150,000/month. Accomplished by creating heuristics filter that prevents notifs from being constructed and sent when there is a low chance of user interaction.
- Improved robot navigation in a warehouse by adding a 3D Lidar sensor and created an algorithm to create Pixel mapping (PNG format) of a warehouse, including consideration of negative terrain (whole in the ground).
Senior Full-stack Engineer2019 - 2020Lowe's Home Improvement
- Developed a microservice to handle user authentication and authorization. Using OAuth2 to sign in a user with different social media accounts (Google, Facebook). Stores and refreshes the acquired token for future requests on a given timeframe.
- Developed Java Microservice to validate CMS input. This service would allow administrators to update store information. It required permitting over 100 data points to be modified for a single store with different validation strategies (Regex, third-party integrations).
- Configured continuous integration pipelines to make sure code was released reliably. This involved creating unit and integration tests and web automation tests using Selenium to mimic a real user. It helped decreased user bug reports by 20%.
Full-stack Developer2019 - 2019TransUnion
- Designed a web dashboard to monitor hundreds of web scraping Python programs. This dashboard created reports to visualize the runtime and success rate of the scripts.
- Created a notification system to alert administrators when web-scrapers had a high error rate. Sent email and SMS using Twilio API. This increased the success rate by 27% since on-calls could access error reports ->fix->restart, eliminating hours of investigation time.
- Built an HTML-formatted email to prettify reports being sent to executives and on-calls. This made the emails more intuitive to read and, therefore, more helpful.
Full-stack Developer2015 - 2019Multiple Companies
- Built REST APIs for Sato Global Solutions using Java and multiple tools of the Spring Framework.
- Created a dashboard to help fly drones using the AngularJS framework and Go.
- Built web scrapers to automate submitting late-shipment claims to UPS and FEDEX using Python and Selenium.
Software Engineer Intern2014 - 2014
- Built a web app integrated with Google Places API to find and recommend restaurants nearby.
- Delivered a Django REST API to sort places based on different parameters.
- Created a REST API to integrate with IBM Natural Language Processing API to gather sentiment from news articles.