Verified Expert in Engineering
Artificial Intelligence Engineer and Developer
Erik is an ML researcher currently pursuing a PhD in machine learning at the University of Copenhagen (UCPH), specializing in topics of NLP, Knowledge Graphs optimizations, and explainability in NLP. He is looking for opportunities to apply his deep learning and software engineering skills in an exciting and challenging project.
Ubuntu, Atom, Visual Studio Code (VS Code), Python 3, PyTorch, TensorFlow
The most amazing...
...thing I've developed is a robot system for answering complex queries over Knowledge Graphs. It won the Best Paper award at ICLR 2021.
Machine Learning Engineer | Tech Lead
- Led a tech team in applied machine learning (AML) for tailoring deep learning (DL) models.
- Implemented model quantization and optimization pipelines and maintained the internally optimized model repo with complete CI/CD. This resulted in fourfold smaller and faster models across various architectures.
- Implemented ML pipelines as a part of the AML team. Researched efficient DL methods.
- Developed models for various NLP tasks and image processing.
Senior Data Scientist
Armenia National SDG Innovation Lab (UNDP)
- Implemented innovative solutions for improving public policy decision-making and created a platform for real-time analysis and prediction of current touristic activities in Armenia.
- Created DL models for continuous analysis of time series, images, and text.
- Created pipelines for continuous scraping and optimized flow for database management and ETL.
American University of Armenia
- Performed as a teaching associate of the deep learning and data structure course at AUA.
- Conducted weekly problem-solving sessions and programming labs.
- Directed a final project and bachelor capstone guidance. Composed and graded homework and exams.
Machine Learning Engineer
- Created an end-to-end pipeline for automated CV parsing and analysis.
- Developed models for various NLP tasks like NER, semantic parsing, and topic detection.
- Developed models for image processing and Flask and Django apps for integration.
Software Engineering Consultant
- Created an end-to-end text to speech (TTS) pipeline integrated into Wolfram Mathematica.
- Developed software in the signal processing team, enhancing functions within Wolfram Mathematica.
- Created builds for different projects and optimized structure and flow in different projects.
Oral Outstanding Paper Award | ICLR 2021https://arxiv.org/pdf/2011.03459.pdf
We proposed a framework for efficiently answering complex queries on incomplete Knowledge Graphs. We translated each question into an end-to-end differentiable objective, where a pre-trained neural link predictor computes the truth value of each atom.
The tool allows for scalable real-time analysis of events, sentiments, topics, and insights into Armenia's touristic activities and trends.
Fifth Summer School on Mathematics and Applications at YSUhttps://github.com/deeplanguageclass
I created models for Armenian Transliteration and pipelines for Armenian Lemmatization and semantic segmentation.
Worked on improving word embeddings and held NLP workshops and sessions.
Created a pipeline for automated custom named entity recognition and disambiguation. Developed pipelines for continuous scraping and dataset generation and implemented robust methods for named entity generalization and detection.
The library supports the seamless addition of new differentiable modules and supports complete CI/CD for safety.
Python 3, SQL, Python, C++, R
TensorFlow, PyTorch, Keras, SpaCy, Pandas
Jupyter, GitHub, Mathematica, Atom
Dynamic Programming, Linear Programming, Testing, Data Science, ETL, Test-driven Development (TDD), DevOps, Continuous Deployment, Continuous Integration (CI)
Docker, Ubuntu, Visual Studio Code (VS Code)
MongoDB, CouchDB, Data Pipelines
Optimization, Software Engineering, Calculus, Linear Algebra, Machine Learning, Deep Learning, Natural Language Processing (NLP), Probabilistic Graphical Models, Knowledge Bases, Knowledge Graphs, Learning Transfer, Signal Processing, Cython, Reinforcement Learning, Open Source, Pipelines, Artificial Intelligence (AI), Data Analytics, Data Analysis, Web Scraping, Audio, Document Parsing, NLU, Deep Neural Networks, Large Language Model (LLM), Language Models, Chatbots, GPT, Generative Pre-trained Transformers (GPT), Classification, Text Classification, Graphs, Research, Bayesian Inference & Modeling, Bayesian Statistics, Probability Theory, Statistics, Explainable Artificial Intelligence (XAI), Deep Reinforcement Learning, Image Processing, University Teaching, Servers, Networking, Amazon Mechanical Turk, Algorithms, Statistical Methods, Causal Inference, Hardware Drivers, Fuzzy Logic
Flask, Chainer, Django
PhD Degree in Artificial Intelligence
University of Copenhagen - Copenhagen, Denmark
Master's Degree in Artificial Intelligence
University College London - London, United Kingdom
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science
American University of Armenia - Yerevan, Armenia