Director of Platform Engineering, Platform Architect, and Software Developer2004 - PRESENTPIX System
Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), Chef, Java, C++, Doctrine, Zend Framework, LAMP
- Managed the Platform Team, which consists of more than a dozen back-end software developers, Ops engineers, and QA resources.
- Planned and managed a complete migration out of colo to AWS Cloud. This was the largest project in company history and spanned more than a year.
- Built a complete collaboration and media distribution platform that services the film and TV industry.
- Architected a scalable, secure, multi‐tenant, PHP-based server app from scratch, including the core DB schema and PHP framework.
- Implemented back-end support for a network of hundreds of secure file mirrors and TV set-top boxes delivering high-definition video.
- Architected and implemented an automated video processing system that transcodes and watermarks 10,000 client videos daily.
- Co-authored a patented digital rights management solution for securing video content.
- Architected and implemented a custom integration with Adobe Media Server and Adobe Access DRM, including on-the-fly packaging and encryption of video content at request time.
- Designed and implemented a portal for third-party developers, including a REST API with both XML and JSON interfaces, app registration and tracking, and documentation for developers.
- Integrated upload APIs with Aspera UDP-based fast transfer technology.
- Migrated the complete dev environment to Vagrant.
- Authored core Chef recipes for building the stack in AWS and Vagrant.
Software Developer2003 - 2004Sparkart
Technologies: JpGraph, Smarty, LAMP
- Built a highly scalable hosting framework and reporting solution for the music industry.
- Worked with designers and Flash programmers to deploy hundreds of flash mini “players” for album releases.
- Built reporting solutions to track millions of hits across hundreds of sites for music industry executives, including custom charting and geospatial heat maps.
- Co-authored patent pending viral music CD distribution software.
- Built artist and fan club websites for Linkin Park, Mariah Carey, Sting, and others.