Verified Expert in Engineering
Erik is a software developer with fifteen years of back-end experience and a proven track record of architecting, planning, and executing large projects. In addition to being an individual contributor, he has excellent leadership and management skills, and is committed to delivering on time and to spec.
MacOS, CentOS, Eclipse, PhpStorm, Jenkins, Jira, Git
The most amazing...
...project I've worked on is the migration of an entire production back-end from a colo to AWS.
Director of Platform Engineering, Platform Architect, and Software Developer
- Managed the Platform Team, which consists of more than a dozen back-end software developers, Ops engineers, and QA resources.
- Planned and managed a complete migration out of colo to AWS Cloud. This was the largest project in company history and spanned more than a year.
- Built a complete collaboration and media distribution platform that services the film and TV industry.
- Architected a scalable, secure, multi‐tenant, PHP-based server app from scratch, including the core DB schema and PHP framework.
- Implemented back-end support for a network of hundreds of secure file mirrors and TV set-top boxes delivering high-definition video.
- Architected and implemented an automated video processing system that transcodes and watermarks 10,000 client videos daily.
- Co-authored a patented digital rights management solution for securing video content.
- Architected and implemented a custom integration with Adobe Media Server and Adobe Access DRM, including on-the-fly packaging and encryption of video content at request time.
- Designed and implemented a portal for third-party developers, including a REST API with both XML and JSON interfaces, app registration and tracking, and documentation for developers.
- Integrated upload APIs with Aspera UDP-based fast transfer technology.
- Migrated the complete dev environment to Vagrant.
- Authored core Chef recipes for building the stack in AWS and Vagrant.
- Built a highly scalable hosting framework and reporting solution for the music industry.
- Worked with designers and Flash programmers to deploy hundreds of flash mini “players” for album releases.
- Built reporting solutions to track millions of hits across hundreds of sites for music industry executives, including custom charting and geospatial heat maps.
- Co-authored patent pending viral music CD distribution software.
- Built artist and fan club websites for Linkin Park, Mariah Carey, Sting, and others.
Honey B Fly
MySQL, Datadog, Amazon S3 (AWS S3)
Zend Framework, Smarty, Angular, Laravel 5, PHPUnit
FFmpeg, Doctrine, Doctrine 2
Chef, Jira, Vagrant, PhpStorm, Git, Jenkins, Confluence
Amazon EC2, CentOS, Eclipse, LAMP, Amazon Web Services (AWS), MacOS, Drupal 8
Agile Software Development
Bachelor of Arts Degree in Computer Science
University of California Berkeley - Berkeley, CA