Senior Web Architect2006 - PRESENTInternet Alliance, Inc.
- Designed and implemented a DOM system for creating dynamic web pages that allows a web designer the maximum freedom to redesign dynamic web pages using only my knowledge of HTML and CSS.
- Created a functional programming library in Java for better code reuse across the company's codebase.
- Integrated PayPal Express Checkout and Google Checkout into the company's websites.
- Integrated PowerReviews into the company's websites.
- Reimplemented all of PowerReviews' functionality from scratch for SEO reasons.
- Wrote, from scratch, an eCommerce system with shared products across all sites; including complex product configurators, product selection wizards, and search tools.
- Developed, from scratch, a CRM system for salesmen to take calls and sell products.
- Rebuilt that CRM system to use Ext JS libraries and a redesigned data object back-end.
- Integrated United Parcel Service API shipping calls into the company's websites.
- Developed, from scratch, a website which accurately evaluates a user's golf game with a weighted tagging algorithm; implemented via a questionnaire and that intelligently prescribes instructional videos that address each user's specific problems.
- Made the questionnaire and video tagging system completely extensible and customizable to any domain, not just golf.
- Created the editor for the question tree which was written in the Ext JS 4 framework.
Senior Java Developer2004 - 2006Mage Web Development, LLC.
Technologies: Enterprise Java Beans (EJB), XMLC, Java
- Reimplemented more than 30 eCommerce websites that I had previously implemented using Enhydra XMLC technology.
- Designed a single interface to manage products across all the 30+ sites.
- Created a visual query editor called a Dynamic Product List to allow runtime selection of products for various pages on the eCommerce sites.
Senior Java Contractor2004 - 2004TUI UK
Technologies: Oracle, Apache Struts, Java
- Quickly learned the structure of their holiday sales platform and fixed bugs and added features to their existing Lunn Poly website.
- Designed and implemented a section of TUI's Thomson website allowing holiday shoppers to effectively browse travel brochures online.
- Refactored and restructured existing holiday sales platform to allow teams based around the globe to migrate their travel websites onto a common TUI platform.
- Streamlined the project's ANT build process to accommodate multi-team global collaboration.
Senior Java Contractor2003 - 2004Perceptive Informatics
Technologies: UML, Oracle, Apache Tomcat, Apache Struts, Oracle Application Server, Java
- Educated a team of non-Java developers in the methods and technologies of web applications—enabling the team to web-enable their industry-leading clinical research trial management software.
- Was instrumental in architectural decisions in the company's web-enabling project using Jakarta-Struts, OC4J, Tomcat, and Oracle.
- Led the UML-based architectural design workshops.
- Wrote a complete database-based mandatory field validation system using the Jakarta-Struts Validator framework.
- Upgraded the Jakarta-Struts Table Tag library to write multi-record forms.
Senior Java Developer2001 - 2003Mage Web Development, LLC.
Technologies: Resin, Apache Tomcat, XSL, JSP, Apache Struts, PostgreSQL, Microsoft SQL Server
- Designed and developed a database-object system using Java Reflection and JDBC. Each business object was able to load, update, insert, and delete itself from the database.
- Developed over thirty interlinking eCommerce sites using the aforementioned database-object system with both MS SQL Server and PostgreSQL database server, Jakarta-Struts, JSP/XSL technology, and Jakarta-Tomcat and Resin application servers.
- Developed solely an enterprise web application to do accounts receivable, order management, inventory management, and task ticketing for portable toilet rental companies called Need2Go.net; used Jakarta-Struts, EJB, Jakarta-FOP (a PDF report API for Java), PostgreSQL database server, XTP/XSL technology, and a Resin application server. Need2Go.net is used daily by numerous subscribing companies.
- Designed and implemented an in-house task management system using the above database-object system.
- Successfully converted the task management system to use Prevayler technology, a database-free business object and transaction serialization system.
Core Java Developer2000 - 2001eMIS
Technologies: XML, Enterprise Java Beans (EJB), Java
- Developed a phonetic search algorithm to search customers in a custom billing application for a Norwegian telecommunications company.
- Designed and implemented an XML based system of tracking database changes.
- Created, from scratch, a mock telecommunications site; complete with web-based customer self-care and an eBilling solution for future UMTS/3G wireless technology that plugged directly into Libertis (eMIS’ billing application) to demonstrate at conferences and trade shows that Libertis could bill for UMTS services.
- Played an integral part in the design and core development of the n-tier (value object) migration code for the Libertis' global billing system; used EJB tech.
Internet Applications Developer1999 - 2000Network Computing Solutions
Technologies: Microsoft SQL Server, Servlet, JSP, Java
- Finished the development an eCommerce site using IBM's Net.Commerce package called Buytechonline.
- Completely redesigned and implemented a much better and faster site using Java Server Page technology (only one other programmer involved).
- Was professionally trained and certified for IBM's WebSphere Application Server.
Software Developer1999 - 1999Innovative Business Software A/S
Technologies: Sybase, Delphi
- Designed and implemented a software request system to store requests and bug reports from customers in a database and allow the transfer of those requests from user to user.
- Learned Borland Delphi 4 and implemented a CGI application to access a Sybase SQL Server relational database.
Software Engineer1998 - 1999SBS Embedded Computers (now: GE Intelligent Platforms)
Technologies: Microsoft Access, C++, C
- Designed and implemented software support packages for embedded computer products for DOS, Windows 95, and Windows NT.
- Wrote hardware testing utilities that was used to program EEPROMs, generate and receive interruptions, and send and receive data across the VME bus.
Software Developer | Manager1996 - 1999Horizon Systems Integration
Technologies: Microsoft Access, C++
- Designed an online course publishing for North Carolina State University's chemistry department, including a C++ filter used to create standard web content.
- Developed a database application in Microsoft Access for Hamilton Beach Proctor-Silex.