Practice Lead DevOps2018 - PRESENTMicrosoft Partners Inc
Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), AWS CloudFormation, ARM, Terraform, Azure DevOps, AWS, Jenkins, Azure, Azure Kubernetes Service (AKS), Kubernetes, Google Cloud
- Oversaw the E2E data access layer infrastructure migration to Azure and IaC Azure DevOps pipelines for one of the largest telecommunications companies in Canada.
- Worked on a multi-region AKS cluster, cloud modernization project, which included a Helm chart, Nginx Ingress, and containerization.
- Oversaw an AWS migration project of 25 microservices, containerization, and an ECS cluster.
- Designed a solution in Google Cloud for a client who is migrating all workloads to containers and Google Cloud-native services, such as GKE, Cloud Run, CloudSQL, and BigQuery.
Lead DevOps Engineer2017 - 2019Nest Wealth Asset Management, Inc.
Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), Jenkins, Angular, Redshift, Relational Database Services (RDS), Redis, MongoDB, Atlas, Node.js, ECS, Kubernetes, AWS
- Containerized applications and implemented DevOps pipelines, Terraform IaC, and developer containers.
- Delivered bi-weekly version releases and daily hotfixes. Released cycles shortened from five hours to ten minutes.
- Implemented site reliability engineering (SRE) principles and on-call schedules with no outage in two years. Defined SLOs.
Lead DevOps Engineer2017 - 2018VM Farms
Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), Jenkins, Apache, Nginx, AWS, Memcached, Redis, PostgreSQL, MySQL, Linux, Ansible, Puppet
- Led day-to-day DevOps team operations, daily stand-ups, client relations, and on-call training for team members.
- Developed a Puppet, Ansible, and Nagios plugin with 12-factor consulting for client projects.
- Developed a new cloud infrastructure with Terraform and Python. Led client migration to new cloud providers (AWS, GCP, Cloud.ca).