Esref has been programming for several years now and has previously worked at Udemy. He's completing his master's degree in computer engineering at METU. Esref is eager to learn new things and is excited to work on fantastic, cutting-edge projects. He joined Toptal because he wanted to work with a broader clientele on international projects.
Git, Vim Text Editor, Linux
The most amazing...
...thing I've built is a sleep-tracking system that detects a user's sleep states and disorders like apnea.
- Implemented car accident detection using machine learning.
- Developed the Android and iOS SDK for collecting sensor data.
- Built the driver score dashboard with Angular.
- Implemented driver data and Score API with DRF.
- Researched and developed a search functionality for Udemy.com.
- Designed and developed REST APIs.
- Wrote unit and E2E tests.
- Implemented Elasticsearch cluster provisioning.
- Maintained the Django code running on CentOS.
STM Defence Technologies & Engineering, Inc.
- Researched and developed an automated hardening platform for many systems including various operating systems (Windows, Linux, FreeBSD), web servers, and mail servers.
Cyber Warfare Lab, Labris Networks
- Researched and developed Labris UTM, a CentOS-derived Linux distribution designed for unified thread management.
- Patched a web content filtering program with C++.
- Designed and developed configuration system for high availability using Python.
- Developed sample Hazelcast integration modules for Hibernate second level cache and Spring.
TUBITAK (The Scientific and Technological Research Council of Turkey)
- Developed a kernel module that provides multiple clipboards for Debian-based operating systems.
- Wrote a configuration management script with Python.
- Set up kernel hooks for detecting keyboard shortcuts.
- Stored multiple clipboard items on Linux.
Kovan Research Lab
- Developed a web application that lets instructors prepare exams according to their preferred criteria.
- Created an automatic PDF generator which uses LaTeX.
Book Chapter: Software-defined Network Securityhttps://www.igi-global.com/chapter/software-defined-network-security/214814
Abstract: The future networks are expected to lead a hyper-connected society with the promise of high social and economic value. The goal is to solve today's network problems and provide adequate security. Thus, future networks require a flexible infrastructure that is secure against cyber attacks. Software-defined networking (SDN) can be considered as one of the building blocks of upcoming networking technologies.
In this chapter, the limitations of today's networks are first presented. Then, solutions to secure the networks with SDN components are given. This concept is referred to as “SDN for Security.” While SDN facilitates securing networks in general, it introduces additional challenges, mainly, the vulnerabilities of the SDN components such as the controller have to be addressed. Security for SDN aims at securing SDN assets and is discussed in the sequel. After reading this chapter, readers will obtain a comprehensive overview of the limitations of traditional networks, such as how SDN overcomes those limitations and the security issues thereof.
Nano Duel: Crypto Token-based Gambling Website
Technologies: Python, Django, Nano, Vue.js, Semantic UI, MySQL
Content Management System for Hospital Screens
Technologies: Python, Django, Django REST Framework, Angular, PrimeNG, MySQL
Crypto Metrics Delivery Platform
Technologies: Python, AWS (Lambda, CloudWatch, Redshift, S3, Kinesis Firehose, EC2), Crypto Exchange APIs, Blockchain Nodes
Equine (Horse) Fitness Tracker
Technologies: Android, iOS, Java, Objective-C
Multiclip | Multiple Clipboardshttp://multiclip.github.io
Technology Stack: C, Kernel Hooks, Python
Deep Learning Social Media Comment Classificationhttps://github.com/obe-dl/social-media-comment-classification
Technologies: Deep Learning, LSTM, CNN, Keras, Python, Django
Integrity and Origin Authentication of QR Codeshttps://github.com/esrefozturk/Integrity-and-Origin-Authentication-of-QR-Codes
Technologies: Python, Cryptography, Asymmetric Key Encryption, RSA
PDF AutoBookmarker Application
Technologies: Python, wxPython, PDFMiner, PyPDF2
You can see your dominant emotion emojis and the percentage of each emotion. It eight different emotion categories.
Photicon detects the following emotions: happiness, sadness, fear, anger, surprise, disgust, contempt, and neutrality.
Photicon lets you use photos that contain more than one face. Get a photo of a group of people and let the Photicon handle it.
Technologies: iOS, Swift, Microsoft Emotion API
Wubble has a Twitter-like user interface, where you can follow other users, send Wubbles, and read their Wubbles. You can share your thoughts about a movie via Wubble. You can follow people, read, like, dislike their Wubbles. You can start a discussion about a movie by commenting one of your friends Wubbles and see movie scores from different websites such as IMDB, Rotten Tomatoes, and Metacritic.
Technologies: Android, Java, Parse, Rotten Tomatoes, TMDb, OMDb
Technologies: Android, Java
Cubix Game | Cube Catch
Technologies: iOS, Swift
Space Utilization Visualization
Device Management System
Technologies: AWS, Python, Django, DRF, React, Docker, PostgreSQL
Django REST Framework, Django, Angular, Spring, Hibernate, ASP.NET MVC
REST APIs, Django ORM, Facebook Open Graph API, Alamofire, React, Azure Blob Storage API, Node.js, Vue, CocoaPods
Apache, Vim Text Editor, NGINX, Gradle, PyCharm, Android Studio, Xcode, wxPython, Crashlytics, Git, AWS SDK, LaTeX, Travis CI
Object-oriented Programming (OOP), Object-relational Mapping (ORM), Agile, REST
iOS, Android, Linux, Ubuntu, Apache2, Azure, Blockchain, CentOS, Kernel, Amazon Web Services (AWS), MacOS
JSON, MySQLdb, Elasticsearch, PostgreSQL, MySQL, NoSQL, Azure Blobs, Relational Databases, Hazelcast, Apache Derby
APIs, Ubuntu Server, Blockchain Development, Data Visualization, Data, Machine Learning, Lambda Functions, X11, Ajax, SMTP, Python Performance, Unified Threat Management (UTM), LDAP, Asymmetric Encryption, RSA, Cryptography, Cryptocurrency, Encryption
Google Developer Challenge Scholarship in Android Development
Udacity - Online
Master's Degree in Computer Engineering
Middle East Technical University - Ankara, Turkey
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Engineering
Middle East Technical University - Ankara, Turkey
Certificate in MCNA - Network (Fast)
METU Continuous Education Center - Ankara, Turkey
Google Developer Challenge Scholarship
MCNA — Network (Fast)
Middle East Technical University — Continuous Education Center