Software Engineer2020 - PRESENT
Technologies: C++, Python
- Worked on the core infrastructure reliability on and around the maintenance domain.
- Developed multiple fault-tolerance features that enable our products and services to scale to billions of users.
- Reduced operational load of the team by improving our automation.
Software Engineering Intern2019 - 2019
- Shipped hybrid stack trace symbolication to the open-source community.
Software Engineering Intern2018 - 2018Bloomberg L.P.
Technologies: Python, Keras, Scikit-learn, Machine Learning
- Developed a long short-term memory model that predicts customers' trading activity on the platform.
- Trained and tested the model which served as a proof of concept.
- Won the Best Engineering Intern award amongst a batch of nearly 50 interns.
Lead Mobile App Developer2017 - 2018POMCO
Technologies: Mixpanel, Core Location, UX, UI, Bluetooth LE, Java, Swift, Objective-C, iOS, Android
- Redesigned the Android and iOS apps to provide better UI/UX and support different screen sizes.
- Developed custom controllers that interact with a peripheral device using both BLE and Classic Bluetooth.
- Developed features that use location services to react instantaneously to any alert issues raised by the user.
- Optimized the overall app performance to work with low-end devices.
- Added analytics throughout the app using different analytics tools.
- Developed a white-labeling scheme to easily build different white labels of the app that can be ingested in the deployment pipeline.
Freelance Lead iOS Developer2017 - 2017Piccles (via Toptal)
Technologies: Google API, Facebook API, Grand Central Dispatch, Firebase, OpenGL, UIKit, Swift
- Scaled the app from an MVP (minimum viable product) to a working e2e experience.
- Enhanced the drawing surface by adding custom brush styles, painting tools, and paint history to allow the users to create immersive drawings.
- Boosted the overall performance of the app as it's image-centric. This was done by creating a background deep synchronization model that uses a combination of local storage and network to deliver the content most efficiently.
- Created complete back end for the app using Firebase.
- Improved conversion rate by adding a lazy authentication scheme that would prompt the user to create an account only after they have explored the app. It also gives the users the option to sign-up with their social accounts like Facebook and Google.
iOS Develoepr2016 - 2016LegalZoom (via Toptal)
Technologies: Cocos2d, SpriteKit, Swift
- Developed complex animations and experiences using SpriteKit.
- Boosted the overall performance of the app by leveraging SpriteKit to create smooth experiences.
- Created bespoke views to render unlimited scroll content.
Lead Android Developer2015 - 2016Apptuto
Technologies: Architecture, Facebook Authentication, Java, Android
- Developed the Android app from scratch and launched it to the Play Store.
- Created custom experiences and UI animations that allow users to prepare for their CFA exam in a fun way.
- Optimized network and memory usage for low-end devices and enabled offline use; this was done by creating an adaptive synchronization model.
- Fixed various bugs throughout the app and maintained the product in the Play Store.
- Added deep analytics throughout the app to help us understand the user experience and make informed decisions.