Staff Software Engineer2013 - PRESENTToptal
Technologies: Android, iOS, Ruby, Spring, Java
- Led the development of an email marketing platform based on Java and Apache Kafka. The system integrates with several external systems and is able to scale to millions of emails per hour.
- Developed an iOS and Android SDK for the advertising platform. The SDK in each platform communicates via web sockets with a back-end service that I wrote in an existing Ruby app.
- Supported and developed new features in Java web applications using JBoss Application Server. The system uses a standard Spring/Hibernate stack with a MySQL database.
- Helped with several DevOps tasks in AWS and Google Cloud to implement the aforementioned systems in a scalable way, using load balancers, safety nets, etc. Some implementations were done using Docker and others using a CLI for each platform and creating Shell scripts for deployment.
Staff Software Engineer/Architect2002 - PRESENTIndependent
Technologies: Java, ASP, PHP
- Developed software for a variety of domestic and international clients including Carrefour, JWT, and Univision.
- Maintained and developed new features of a Grails app that help with migration of datacenters.
- Provided support for schema migration using Liquibase and secured REST endpoints, and improved performance of services and repositories using profiling tools.
- Integrated the different parts of a system using Mulesoft, ActiveMQ, and REST. Monitored and coached the existing MXI team and made on-site visits.
- Provide support to Mulesoft systems using their monitoring tools, providing bug fixes and implementing feature requests.
Staff Software Engineer2011 - 2013
Technologies: Domain-specific Languages (DSLs), HTML, Object-oriented Programming (OOP)
- Led the engineering team for content creation and contact suggestion functionality at LinkedIn.
- Developed using OOP, scraping, concurrency, HTML rewriting, domain specific languages (DSL), and architectural design.
Senior Software Engineer2009 - 2011Mulesoft
Technologies: Activiti BPM, Mule ESB
- Performed improvements and enhancements to Mule ESB.
- Provided patches and hotfixes in support of VIP customers in Europe and the United States.
- Composed blog articles about software engineering and Mule ESB topics.
- Worked on integrating ESBs and Activiti BPMN.
Senior Software Engineer2007 - 2009
- Developed improvements to a highly dynamic application that handles salaries and other HR functionality.