Ethan G Monk
Verified Expert in Engineering
Ethan is a passionate analytics/data engineer striving to leverage data for actionable, and ultimately human purposes. He has led teams and implementations of backend data structures and processes, and devised data/analytics productization strategies on behalf of major Fortune 500 companies and startups alike. With a broad range of experience across multiple industries and disciplines, Ethan has been exposed to a wide array of technologies and methodologies over the years.
Apache Airflow, Python, Google BigQuery, Redshift, Data Warehouse Design, Data Warehousing, Microsoft SQL Server, MySQL, PostgreSQL, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Platform (GCP), Amazon Web Services (AWS)
The most amazing...
...cloud-based data warehousing system I've architected and implemented facilitated all marketing analytics for a major, multi-brand, Fortune 500 retailer.
Senior Analytics Manager
- Strategized and implemented productization of agency-wide analytics platform.
- Led and promoted back-end data processes scaling analytics solutions across the agency.
- Devised strategic roadmap for the incorporation of analytics data processes and products into the “Alli” ecosystem.
- Managed and grew a team of data/analytics engineers to facilitate agency-wide analytics initiatives and technologies.
Analytics Coordinator/Analytics Manager
- Managed and led the back-end analytics development team to power reporting/insights for major brands.
- Engineered and automated big data processing and ETL solutions.
- Collaborated with advertisers to enable multi-dimensional insights from disparate web analytics and digital marketing platforms.
Research and IT Associate
Trademark Property Company
- Developed a device driven analytics service utilizing geospatial datasets and mobile device location feeds which transformed the research department into a revenue center.
- Designed and implemented company research/reporting infrastructure.
- Administered and scaled company Microsoft SQL database and reporting framework.
Healthcare Payment Specialists
- Developed back-end processes for a new product line to maximize distressed hospital Medicare reimbursement using publicly available data.
- Scrubbed, implemented, queried, manipulated, and analyzed various forms of data.
- Created, automated, and improved operating procedures/processes.
QGIS Mapzen Isochrone Pluginhttps://github.com/spatialmonk/qgsMapzenIsochrones
Spatial Monks Websitehttps://www.spatialmonks.com/
SQL, Python, R, T-SQL (Transact-SQL)
PostGIS, PostgreSQL, Redshift, Databases, Microsoft SQL Server, MySQL
Geospatial Analytics, Google BigQuery, Marketing Analytics, Data Engineering, Data Warehousing, Location Services, Data Warehouse Design, Health IT, Microsoft Azure, Tableau Server, QGIS
Apache Airflow, Plotly
Amazon Web Services (AWS), Google Cloud Platform (GCP)
Bachelor of Science Degree in Economics
Texas Christian University - Fort Worth, TX