Software Engineer2018 - 2019Good Eggs
- Acted as the primary owner and maintainer of the Good Eggs iOS app (written in Swift).
- Led the technical aspect of a project involving surface farm variability for produce, defining the full-stack technical changes and working cross-team to build consensus on internal APIs.
- Mentored and onboarded newer junior engineers on the team.
Principal iOS Engineer2017 - 2018NextUp
Technologies: iOS, Swift, Ruby on Rails
- Designed and built the NextUp iOS task management app, including a modular sync engine.
- Co-developed a robust offline-first, multi-client syncing protocol to support task management.
- Built initial proof-of-concept for both iOS app and Rails backend.
Contractor, iOS Engineering2017 - 2018Couchsurfing
Technologies: iOS, Swift, Objective-C
- Provided ongoing maintenance and feature work on a distributed team for the Couchsurfing iOS app.
- Interviewed remote iOS candidates to help build out an overseas engineering team.
- Onboarded iOS engineer, documenting our process and code style guidelines.
Lead iOS Developer2014 - 20168tracks
Technologies: Objective-C, iOS
- Created the 8tracks iOS app architecture, worked on feature development, and implemented bug-fixes for 1.2 million monthly active users.
- Co-designed and iterated upon major features with the UX and design teams.
- Maintained by myself the API support for mobile features.
- Collaborated with the ads team in integrating and testing SDKs for third-party networks.
- Launched a full redesign of the application in 2014; loved by the community and tech press.
- Built the 8tracks app for the first-generation Apple Watch framework.
- Interviewed prospective engineers for the iOS team and other roles.
iOS Software Engineer2013 - 2013Hipmunk
Technologies: iOS, Objective-C
- Built a new feature for airfare price alerts; including handling push notifications and working with the back-end team for API endpoints.
- Completed the UI updates in preparation for the launch of the iOS 7 update.
- Solved the performance problems for older devices.
Software Engineer2010 - 2013DeLorme (now owned by Garmin)
- Built features for the Earthmate iOS application; including the entire map download flow.
- Developed an API for mobile applications to access downloadable maps.
- Integrated the iOS application with a web-based system for selecting map regions.
- Selected for a high impact team to recover a delayed subcontractor project—playing a critical role in ensuring that emergency S.O.S. messages are routed correctly.
- Added encryption features to the iOS application and built a corresponding web application as a sample back-office endpoint for customers.
- Built features for desktop GIS software, including updating the code architecture.
- Collaborated on a topology system for editing geometry relationships on many GIS layers.
- Developed an improved undo/redo system to accommodate new features.
- Integrated the desktop application with HTML-based applets for rapid feature deployment; enhancing the application API as necessary.