Senior Database Developer2020 - 2022Enrich Software Corp
Technologies: SQL, IBM Db2, Query Optimization
- Improved performance of queries embedded in a proprietary application dramatically, allowing a major rollout to the company’s biggest client to go out on time.
- Reduced internal support requests by 85% by providing comprehensive instructions and documentation.
- Became the go-to expert in a system I've never seen before within 2 weeks.
Senior SAS Developer2009 - 2020NYC Department of Education
Technologies: Batch Scripting, Slack, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft SQL Server, SAS
- Re-implemented the back end, shortening the annual release cycle of the high school progress reports by four months.
- Cut the production time of the NYC School survey reports, which serve 1.1 million students, parents, and teachers, by a factor of 10.
- Re-implemented a high-priority data aggregation process, reducing its runtime by 75%.
- Designed and developed code to assemble, sanitize, process, summarize, and output 100 million record datasets.
- Developed tools to clean data and assist in analysis.
- Automated basic tasks for other team members, saving them an average of approximately 15 minutes per day each.
- Created and produced complicated reports and dashboards in Excel.
Software Engineer2007 - 2009Thomson Reuters
- Shortened a daily compliance export service runtime by 94% (from over 13 hours to under 45 minutes).
- Improved an ETL application's performance by 30%, extending its service life by one year and allowing sufficient time to develop a replacement.
- Developed and deployed robust back-end and middle-tier components that service 250,000 customers.
Software Quality Assurance Engineer2003 - 2006Thomson Reuters
Technologies: Batch Scripting, Tools, Microsoft Excel, SQL
- Discovered nearly 40% of all bugs reported against the Reuters messaging system in 2005 (approximately 2,500 out of 6,500 unique issues reported).
- Created scripts to aid in data collection and reporting, decreasing bug analysis and repair verification time by 10%.
- Received "Reuters Ship It!" awards for Reuters Messaging 5.0 and 6.0 releases.
- Performed manual and automated testing against back-end, middle-tier, and front-end components, testing functionality, scalability, and resilience.