Freelance .NET and C++ Developer2019 - 2020Provider of Workflow Management Services (via Toptal)
Technologies: RESTful APIs, .NET Core, Win32 API, Windows PowerShell, WinForms, .NET, GraphQL, PostgreSQL, SQL, C#
- Designed a full-text search solution for 2TB of financial documents.
- Implemented a full-text search in PostgreSQL, optimized the performance of inverted indices.
- Built a .NET Core back-end API for the full-text search.
- Implemented a GraphQL back end and API endpoints in .NET Core.
- Developed a virtual file system provider in .NET (Fuse).
Node.js/SQL Developer2019 - 2020Logistics Platform (via Toptal)
- Worked on a product for small to medium-sized enterprises to quote, book, pay, and track freight online.
- Migrated a back end from .NET to Node.js and cleaned up the database schema.
- Built an abstraction layer in the form of GraphQL using Apollo.
- Defined unit tests for 100% code coverage.
- Contributed to ongoing feature and technology migration efforts of the platform.
C++ Developer2019 - 2019Behavioral Health-related Services Provider (via Toptal)
Technologies: Win32 API, XML, SQLite, C#, C++
- Built a type of desktop software that generated reports based on templates stored in Word files.
- Created a template builder and a rules builder.
- Implemented string manipulation and Open XML file generation.
- Built a formula parser for Excel-compatible formulas.
Architect2019 - 2019Crypto-trading Platform (via Toptal)
- Defined the architecture for a “wrap application” for trading cryptocurrency.
- Assessed the previous version of the application.
- Reviewed the code for an existing product.
- Defined the creative and technical approaches (technical flows, tech architecture, recommended tech stack).
- Developed and estimated the technical approach for updating the platform with new features.
Senior Full-stack Engineer and Architect2018 - 2019Physical Commodities Blockchain (via Toptal)
- Designed the architecture for a robust private blockchain.
- Crafted an extensible database model to accommodate varying data models.
- Implemented the back end and blockchain.
- Designed and implemented the GraphQL API.
- Designed highly versatile blockchain smart contracts.
Freelance Node.js/Blockchain (Ethereum) Developer2018 - 2018BitTransfer (via Toptal)
- Designed the system's architecture, stack, and components.
- Deployed a private Blockchain for processing transactions with custom assets.
- Developed a GraphQL client API.
- Designed and developed an RDMS and stored procedures for auxiliary data.
- Integrated card payments.
Freelance Senior Back-end Engineer2017 - 2018HIA Technologies, Inc. (via Toptal)
- Designed and implemented natural language processing and speech recognition algorithms for HIA's breakthrough AI and animation technologies which are used in various real-life applications.
- Worked with a WebSockets real-time processing API.
- Developed Unity Engine plugins.
Freelance Xamarin Forms Mobile App Developer2017 - 2017Kalon Creative (via Toptal)
Technologies: RESTful APIs, Xamarin Forms, InVision, SQLite, C#, Xamarin.iOS, iOS, Xamarin
- Worked on a new version of the cross-platform mobile app for scheduling prayers.
- Created on a large number of custom renderers.
- Crafted pixel-perfect UI layouts based on the InVision mockup.
- Improved the performance of Xamarin ListView and ViewCells.
- Implemented a number of custom controls: both XAML- and code-based.
Freelance .NET and C++ Developer2016 - 2017FinDox, Inc. (via Toptal)
Technologies: RESTful APIs, .NET Core, Win32 API, Windows PowerShell, WinForms, GraphQL, PostgreSQL, SQL, C#
- Developed the back end of a type of complex software for storing and managing documents, access permission, and audit; also developed a Windows-based front end.
- Helped to choose the technology stack.
- Designed the relational database model.
- Crafted the API (RESTful and then GraphQL).
- Implemented custom API middleware.
- Wrote stored procedures for PostgreSQL.
- Optimized SQL queries.
- Developed a Windows-based client app.
- Worked with Windows file system drivers.
- Created Windows shell extensions.
Independent Contractor2014 - 2017Аdvameg, lnc.
- Developed RESTful web services in Node.js and C++.
- Worked on mobile application development (iOS, Android) using Xamarin and PhoneGap.
- Created high-performance algorithms for data analysis.
- Parsed and aggregated data from different sources.
- Designed databases.
- Optimized SQL queries.
- Tuned PostgreSQL performances with large data sets.
Architect and Head of IT2015 - 2016Recrumatic, Ltd.
- Managed a team of software engineers and shaped the product’s major outline.
- Supervised developers. Managed time and goals. Oversaw product features planning.
- Oversaw the UI and UX quality assurance.
- Created the architecture design.
- Liaised with independent designers and other contractors.
Senior Developer2012 - 2014Мarsoli, Ltd.
- Designed and developed a type of generic modular server software used for transaction-processing in heavily-loaded computing environments.
- Implemented a cross-platform server in C++ with a distributed, shared-nothing architecture and with an internal throughput rate of 15 million ops/sec on a single node.
- Created a custom embedded web server.
- Designed and implemented an extendable Entity framework and flexible API.
- Used high-performance embedded NoSQL databases.
Tech Lead | Project Manager2012 - 2012VRV, Ltd.
Technologies: Win32 API, PL/SQL, Oracle, ASP.NET, C#
- Designed the new version of the company's own software for managing multiple active construction projects (country houses).
- Managed the project's schedule.
- Worked with stakeholders, user stories, and more.
- Developed certain critical parts of the functionality, like task tracking and file management.
- Created database schema designs.
Manager | Tech Lead2010 - 2012Хogeè, Ltd.
- Designed and developed mobile trading applications for the OTC industry.
- Led the team of developers implementing trading applications for iOS, Android, Blackberry, and web; it involved feature-rich and high-performance software.
- Made mobile applications for each platform and these included price charts with analytics and indicators.
Senior Developer2008 - 2010FxРro Financiаl Services, Ltd.
- Developed a number of software solutions for the trading servers automation: stocks and futures.
- Worked on risk management software.
- Designed the software generating nightly reports.
- Created a liquidity aggregator.
- Built mobile applications for clients.
Programmer | Database Architect2006 - 2008Panasonic Services
Technologies: RHEL, Linux, RMAN, PL/SQL, Oracle, .NET, ASP.NET, C#
- Maintained and improved the company’s legacy software used for the service-request tracking, ordering the spare parts from vendors, and the QA.
- Enriched the company’s customer and partner portals with new functionality and awesome features.
- Developed a web portal to publish the hierarchical storage of the company’s certificates for all the various kinds of electronics which they imported.
- Administered to a number of Oracle instances running both on Linux RHEL and Windows servers.
Systems Architect2001 - 2008Public Opinion Foundation
Technologies: Flash, Oracle, ASP.NET, WinForms, .NET, C#, Microsoft Foundation Class Library (MFC), C++
- Designed and developed both the front and the back-end solutions to work with the sociological data: data collection, data import, and validation.
- Implemented my own full-text search framework which included normalization, reverse text indexing, summary generation, and more.
- Developed efficient algorithms for aggregation, analysis, and reporting based on big data from the results of polls and focus groups. The whole process was made inside a traditional RDBMS.
Software Developer2007 - 2007ITC
Technologies: PL/SQL, Oracle, .NET, WinForms, C#
- Created the software design for scheduling the production of a TV series. Managed the working hours of actors and other personnel.
- Designed the application in such a way that it could run on any PC with zero dependencies.
- Used Oracle XE for storage because it was free and had all the required features of a full version.
Software Developer2007 - 2007Nissa
Technologies: COM, .NET, C#
- Developed software for scheduling and displaying the PowerPoint presentations based on the custom data records stored in the company's MS Exchange server. This app received updated records from the Exchange server and then manipulated the running instance (of the PowerPoint streaming the picture) to a large screen in the reception desk area. The app could be run while minimized to the system tray and was configured using the settings dialog triggered from the tray menu.
Software Engineer2007 - 2007MachCenter
Technologies: C++, COM+, COM
- Designed and developed a Windows service that scanned a folder for new files and imported them into a database.
- Parsed Microsoft Word documents based on the configurable DTD and placing the field values into the document record's meta information.
Software Developer2005 - 2006Personal Finance
Technologies: Oracle, Win32, C++
- Developed back-office software for managing loans and bad debts.
- Designed and deployed a database containing all the various jobs to run daily to trigger the alerts, change the loan statuses, and apply the fees.
- Crafted visual workflow designer software to manage the debtor's relationship and status transitions.
Oracle Consultant2005 - 2006Card Tech, Ltd.
Technologies: Data, IBM Informix, PL/SQL, Oracle
- Assisted the company in migrating their legacy credit card processing software from Informix to Oracle.
- Wrote large volumes of PL/SQL code for managing and processing the gigantic data schema.
- Optimized SQL queries.
Software Engineer2005 - 2005Goznak (Russia)
- Developed software for calculating the series of lottery ticket numbers based on the requested format and winning ticket randomization.
- Designed the app to be highly configurable regarding the parameters of a future lottery. The client needed to be able to generate the lottery ticket series in-house for obvious reasons.
- Created the app to be minimal and to run on even older PCs and had no user interface. It produced the raw files with the ticket numbers that were then directly sent to printing machines.
Software Developer2005 - 2005MTA Metron
Technologies: Win32, C++
- Developed video-tagging and annotation software for production boost and factory employee performance optimization. The application was used to review the video recordings shot at work places and split the entire work recording into smaller operations which were then optimized by an analyst.
- Designed software that was shipped to clients on a CD along with the video files and all the tags and comments from analysts suggesting which parts of the manufacturing process should have been improved.
Software Engineer2004 - 2004Ariadna
Technologies: C++Builder, Oracle, Win32, C++
- Developed software to manage the company's room quotas in hotels and booking. The application was made up of a thick Win32 client for the company's Oracle database and it enabled all the employees to access and edit the company's data in parallel which boosted productivity.