Verified Expert in Engineering
Chrome Extensions Developer
After graduating from Yale, Evan joined Salesforce to build products used by companies like Coca-Cola, Fitbit, and FedEx. Afterward, he helped grow revenue to eight figures as employee #20 at Mixmax before founding his own startup. Evan's varied experience has given him the skills to deliver beautiful, maintainable, and scalable web solutions quickly. He loves digging into problems to help businesses delight customers and grow.
CoffeeScript, ITerm, Sublime Text, Git, MacOS
The most amazing...
...growth feature I've built drove thousands of new signups by allowing recipients of a scheduling email to see their availability without opening their calendar.
Full-stack Web Consultant
- Fixed a broken data analytics pipeline that scraped web data using Selenium, uploaded the results to AWS S3 and RDS, then ran analytics on a Django server and through third party APIs, and populated dashboards written in Node.js and React.
- Shipped a Slack bot written in Node.js that responded to slash commands and offered an interactive chat-based UI.
- Deployed a Zillow-like Google Maps integration in Node.js and React.
- Built several RESTful APIs.
- Worked with a variety of databases including MongoDB and MySQL.
- Implemented several technical and nontechnical SEO improvements.
- Built, deployed features, and fixed bugs for various chrome extensions.
- Created a full MVP single-page app.
- Designed and deployed React components along with Node.js APIs and MongoDB collections to populate them.
- Shipped third-party OAuth API integrations with services such as Google Calendar, Zoom.us, and GoToMeeting.
- Implemented a viral growth feature that resulted in thousands of new signups within two weeks.
- Caught and fixed a severe cross-site request forgery bug that could have been used to grant public access to privately shared emails.
- Deployed code with Amazon Elastic Beanstalk.
- Managed Redis instances to share state between microservices.
- Identified and fixed performance bottlenecks, reducing average page load time from two seconds to .7 seconds and increasing NPS by 12 points.
- Instrumented UI components to log user interactions to Splunk.
- Built a data pipeline to populate an internal Salesforce org with user and performance metrics pulled from Splunk.
- Designed and deployed a custom real-time dashboard so non-technical stakeholders could gain insights from telemetry data without the help of an engineer.
- Refactored a UI component to be generic, allowing it to integrate with eight additional Salesforce products.
- Shipped a suspend/resume feature for a real-time queue that syncs terabytes of data/day between the businesses’ Salesforce orgs.
- Rewrote an eight-page server-side rendered app into a single-page app.
- Triaged tasks and planned sprints as scrum master for an Agile team of eight software engineers.
- Shipped a Salesforce AppExchange app as part of a company hackathon.
CS50 Teaching Assistant
- Organized and judged a joint Harvard-Yale hackathon.
- Taught weekly hour-long sections on computer science fundamentals for 16 Yale University students.
- Helped students debug at office hours twice a week.
- Graded problem sets, tests, and projects.
IT Security Engineer
Louisville Gas & Electric
- Penetration-tested to ensure a secure rollout of a new network infrastructure.
- Wrote and deployed Python scripts to identify malicious IP addresses and periodically add them to the external firewall's blacklist.
- Worked with iptables to manage firewalls on various network devices.
- Analyzed suspicious network traffic using WireShark.
- Remotely installed, configured, tested, and used the malware analysis software Cuckoo Sandbox on an Ubuntu server quarantined from the company intranet.
- Rewrote regular expressions to improve the efficacy of the intranet intrusion detection system by excluding warnings from redundant or unnecessary sources such as temporary files created by a browser.
The product was beloved by a vocal few who lauded the intuitive UX and sleek functionality. Unfortunately, our user base was too small to sustain a company.
The feature's ease of use and immediate usefulness was a hit with potential customers, and it ended up driving thousands of new signups in the first two weeks after it was deployed.
OAuth 2, Express.js, Selenium, Django
React, Node.js, Salesforce API, Google Calendar API, Gmail API
REST, MVC Design, Agile, Search Engine Optimization (SEO), Continuous Integration (CI), Continuous Deployment, On-page SEO
MongoDB, Amazon S3 (AWS S3)
Slackbot, Chrome Extensions, System Security Developer, Semantic UI, Ubuntu Server, Iptables, Bots, User Experience (UX), Chatbots
Mongoose, Git, Sublime Text, ITerm, Wireshark, Splunk, Jenkins, Slack
AWS Elastic Beanstalk, Heroku, MacOS, Salesforce
Bachelor of Science (BSc) Degree in Computer Science
Yale University - New Haven, CT, USA