Full-stack Web Consultant2018 - 2019Freelance
- Fixed a broken data analytics pipeline that scraped web data using Selenium, uploaded the results to AWS S3 and RDS, then ran analytics on a Django server and through third party APIs, and populated dashboards written in Node.js and React.
- Shipped a Slack bot written in Node.js that responded to slash commands and offered an interactive chat-based UI.
- Deployed a Zillow-like Google Maps integration in Node.js and React.
- Built several RESTful APIs.
- Worked with a variety of databases including MongoDB and MySQL.
- Implemented several technical and nontechnical SEO improvements.
- Built, deployed features, and fixed bugs for various chrome extensions.
- Created a full MVP single-page app.
Software Engineer2018 - 2018Mixmax
Technologies: Chrome Extensions, Less, MongoDB, Node.js, React
- Designed and deployed React components along with Node.js APIs and MongoDB collections to populate them.
- Shipped third-party OAuth API integrations with services such as Google Calendar, Zoom.us, and GoToMeeting.
- Implemented a viral growth feature that resulted in thousands of new signups within two weeks.
- Caught and fixed a severe cross-site request forgery bug that could have been used to grant public access to privately shared emails.
- Deployed code with Amazon Elastic Beanstalk.
- Managed Redis instances to share state between microservices.
Software Engineer2015 - 2018Salesforce
- Identified and fixed performance bottlenecks, reducing average page load time from two seconds to .7 seconds and increasing NPS by 12 points.
- Instrumented UI components to log user interactions to Splunk.
- Built a data pipeline to populate an internal Salesforce org with user and performance metrics pulled from Splunk.
- Designed and deployed a custom real-time dashboard so non-technical stakeholders could gain insights from telemetry data without the help of an engineer.
- Refactored a UI component to be generic, allowing it to integrate with eight additional Salesforce products.
- Shipped a suspend/resume feature for a real-time queue that syncs terabytes of data/day between the businesses’ Salesforce orgs.
- Rewrote an eight-page server-side rendered app into a single-page app.
- Triaged tasks and planned sprints as scrum master for an Agile team of eight software engineers.
- Shipped a Salesforce AppExchange app as part of a company hackathon.
CS50 Teaching Assistant2015 - 2015Yale University
- Organized and judged a joint Harvard-Yale hackathon.
- Taught weekly hour-long sections on computer science fundamentals for 16 Yale University students.
- Helped students debug at office hours twice a week.
- Graded problem sets, tests, and projects.
IT Security Engineer2014 - 2014Louisville Gas & Electric
Technologies: Wireshark, Iptables, Ubuntu Server, Python
- Penetration-tested to ensure a secure rollout of a new network infrastructure.
- Wrote and deployed Python scripts to identify malicious IP addresses and periodically add them to the external firewall's blacklist.
- Worked with iptables to manage firewalls on various network devices.
- Analyzed suspicious network traffic using WireShark.
- Remotely installed, configured, tested, and used the malware analysis software Cuckoo Sandbox on an Ubuntu server quarantined from the company intranet.
- Rewrote regular expressions to improve the efficacy of the intranet intrusion detection system by excluding warnings from redundant or unnecessary sources such as temporary files created by a browser.