Self-employed2020 - PRESENTSelf-employed, Sounds and Words LLC
Technologies: Pandas, Scikit-learn, PyTorch, App Development, Swift, Artificial Intelligence (AI), Python
- Released an app in the macOS App Store that intelligently splits album audio files into tracks, reaching #72 on the music app charts.
- Developed classification models for drum sounds, using deep learning, for a future product.
- Trained a GAN-based generative model that writes original drum patterns for use in electronically produced music.
Machine Learning Engineer (Contractor)2019 - 2020Sidetrack AI
Technologies: Natural Language Processing (NLP), Research, Pandas, Graphs, Neural Networks, SciPy, NumPy, PyTorch, Scikit-learn, Artificial Intelligence (AI), Python
- Wrote a Python module that ingests email data and intelligently segments emails into smaller parts using a CRF and LSTM.
- Discovered an optimal solution for clustering business documents based on multimodal data. Established evaluation metrics to ensure quality clusters.
- Modeled high-level features of business documents with text classification methods.
- Researched and implemented several state-of-the-art keyphrase extraction methods, including sequence-to-sequence generative neural networks, adapting them to a new domain.
- Adapted an open-source data annotation software to fit our needs. Oversaw the collection of thousands of labels for multiple ML tasks.
Software Development Engineer2014 - 2018Amazon.com
- Created a back-end service for authors to manage events related to marketing their books.
- Designed and implemented back-end APIs for a data dashboard that lets authors see how their books are selling and how readers are engaging. Data is pulled from several marketplaces worldwide and aggregated to multiple time periods.
- Delivered a core feature to Author Central, a platform for authors to manage their presence on Amazon, that allows authors to associate books with their profile.
- Responded to several service outages by diagnosing systems in real-time and providing a speedy path to recovery. Wrote post-mortems of outage events and put fixes in place to prevent recurrences.
- Helped build and maintain deployment pipelines for over a dozen services.
- Launched Write On by Kindle, a story lab and community for writers and readers.
- Secured user data by integrating with Amazon-internal encryption solutions.
- Saved the company tens of thousands in monthly costs by initiating an audit of servers and ETL job use.
- Gave a lecture internally about the Scala Collections API and functional programming.