Android Engineer2014 - PRESENTFitRadio
Technologies: REST, Java, Android
- Engaged to rebuild the FitRadio Android application.
- Refactored an old code base to use current best practices and structure.
- Implemented offline data storage and processing alongside server-based updates.
- Revamped the UI with incredible new mockups, layouts, and graphics.
- Implemented an advanced streaming audio codec to improve performance and stability in low connectivity areas.
Big Data Engineer2014 - 2014FiveXFive
Technologies: BigQuery, NoSQL, Natural Language Processing (NLP), Java, GWT, AppEngine
- Implemented a complete social media analytics platform based around Twitter and Facebook streams.
- Utilized Google AppEngine Task Queues for massive data processing.
- Created real-time notification and monitoring systems based around user-created topics.
- Utilized the D3 visualization library to display complex graph and chart graphics.
- Leveraged GWT to build the front-end interface.
Big Data Enginner2014 - 2014Coca-Cola Enterprises
Technologies: SQL, Java, Google Task Queue, GWT, AppEngine
- Tasked with convolving a number of disparate customer databases for a project sponsored by the Belgium Marketing Unit.
- Built a web-based front-end for data submission, job monitoring, and access control.
- Designed sophisticated algorithms to match up customers using natural language processing.
- Utilized the Google AppEngine Task Queues to process massive amounts of data.
- Exported master customer record, timeline data and opt-in status to traditional RDBMS.
Natural Language Processing Engineer2014 - 2014The Home Depot
Technologies: BigMachines Query Language (BMQL), Mahout, Hadoop
- Tasked with reducing the incidence of buyer's remorse returns for a project sponsored by Home Depot's Returns team.
- Created a statistical model to process online reviews of products.
- Designed a sentiment analysis engine to analyze product reviews.
- Examined Home Depot's return data, internal surveys, and customer service representatives' notes.
- Delivered statistically-driven recommendations based on the output data.
Software Engineer2014 - 2014Meijer
Technologies: Java, REST, Android
- Added complex and delightful transitions and animated views to the retail application.
- Created a number of custom animations to enhance the engagement of the application.
- Built custom views to illustrate circular progress towards goals.
- Added fading and filling confirmation icons for better conveyance of progress.
- Migrated all iconography to vector-based solutions to create a crisper, cleaner design.
Senior Engineer2011 - 2014PayPlum
- Created a stand-alone Java application to help alleviate web-based PCI concerns for large businesses.
- Utilized an embedded Jetty server to create a mesh network of system for load balancing and scalability.
- Built a GWT-based, AppEngine powered web interface for system administration of their clusters.
- Designed an embedded form and form controls to remove PCI scope from the parent web server.
- Implemented a real-time signalling engine to make the processes completely transparent to the user.
Mobile System Engineer2011 - 2014Coca-Cola
Technologies: SQL, REST, Google Task Queue, NoSQL, Tableau, BigQuery, GWT, AppEngine, Android
- Created an end-to-end system for Coca-Cola's mobile workforce.
- Distributed an Android application used by the Coca-Cola merchandising staff. It collected field data and synchronized activities with AppEngine-based back-end system, which applied numerous algorithms to calculate key metrics. Administrative users utilized a web-based front-end to examine reports and manage users, and the system utilized Google BigQuery for large processing loads.
- Created reports in Tableau which utilized BigQuery as the analysis engine.
Mobile Engineer2011 - 2011Citibank
Technologies: Java, Android
- Created the ThankYou Rewards Android Application for Citibank. Customers are able to log in with their Citibank credentials and examine account and reward details, and are presented with a dynamic catalog of reward-eligible products. They could use the reward points in their application to purchase goods in participating stores.
- Utilized several third-party services for the application to create a seamless experience for the Android user.