Verified Expert in Engineering
Even is an enterprise architect with experience designing large, distributed mobile and web-based systems. He focuses on early-stage companies and concepts looking to solve problems through the application of cutting-edge technologies.
IntelliJ, Git, Eclipse, Android, GWT
The most amazing...
...library I've ever used is GWT. It makes RIA development across browsers painless and maintainable!
- Engaged to rebuild the FitRadio Android application.
- Refactored an old code base to use current best practices and structure.
- Implemented offline data storage and processing alongside server-based updates.
- Revamped the UI with incredible new mockups, layouts, and graphics.
- Implemented an advanced streaming audio codec to improve performance and stability in low connectivity areas.
Big Data Engineer
- Implemented a complete social media analytics platform based around Twitter and Facebook streams.
- Utilized Google AppEngine Task Queues for massive data processing.
- Created real-time notification and monitoring systems based around user-created topics.
- Utilized the D3 visualization library to display complex graph and chart graphics.
- Leveraged GWT to build the front-end interface.
Big Data Enginner
- Tasked with convolving a number of disparate customer databases for a project sponsored by the Belgium Marketing Unit.
- Built a web-based front-end for data submission, job monitoring, and access control.
- Designed sophisticated algorithms to match up customers using natural language processing.
- Utilized the Google AppEngine Task Queues to process massive amounts of data.
- Exported master customer record, timeline data and opt-in status to traditional RDBMS.
Natural Language Processing Engineer
The Home Depot
- Tasked with reducing the incidence of buyer's remorse returns for a project sponsored by Home Depot's Returns team.
- Created a statistical model to process online reviews of products.
- Designed a sentiment analysis engine to analyze product reviews.
- Examined Home Depot's return data, internal surveys, and customer service representatives' notes.
- Delivered statistically-driven recommendations based on the output data.
- Added complex and delightful transitions and animated views to the retail application.
- Created a number of custom animations to enhance the engagement of the application.
- Built custom views to illustrate circular progress towards goals.
- Added fading and filling confirmation icons for better conveyance of progress.
- Migrated all iconography to vector-based solutions to create a crisper, cleaner design.
- Created a stand-alone Java application to help alleviate web-based PCI concerns for large businesses.
- Utilized an embedded Jetty server to create a mesh network of system for load balancing and scalability.
- Built a GWT-based, AppEngine powered web interface for system administration of their clusters.
- Designed an embedded form and form controls to remove PCI scope from the parent web server.
- Implemented a real-time signalling engine to make the processes completely transparent to the user.
Mobile System Engineer
- Created an end-to-end system for Coca-Cola's mobile workforce.
- Distributed an Android application used by the Coca-Cola merchandising staff. It collected field data and synchronized activities with AppEngine-based back-end system, which applied numerous algorithms to calculate key metrics. Administrative users utilized a web-based front-end to examine reports and manage users, and the system utilized Google BigQuery for large processing loads.
- Created reports in Tableau which utilized BigQuery as the analysis engine.
- Created the ThankYou Rewards Android Application for Citibank. Customers are able to log in with their Citibank credentials and examine account and reward details, and are presented with a dynamic catalog of reward-eligible products. They could use the reward points in their application to purchase goods in participating stores.
- Utilized several third-party services for the application to create a seamless experience for the Android user.
GWT, Google Guice, Google Guava, Guice, Android SDK, Hadoop
Guava, Objectify, Java Servlets, Android API, Mahout, RESTEasy, Google Task Queue, WebRTC
Apache Ant, BigQuery, GXT, Android Studio, Tableau, Gradle, Servlet, Jetty, Git, IntelliJ
Model View Presenter (MVP), AOP, Dependency Injection, REST, Mobile Development
Google App Engine, Android, Nexus, Amazon EC2, Linux, Eclipse
NoSQL, BigTable, MongoDB
Big Data Architect, Mobile App Development, Google, Front-end Development, Mobile Apps, Dedicated iPhone Developer, Freelancing, Natural Language Processing (NLP), PCI, GPT, Generative Pre-trained Transformers (GPT)
Master's Degree in Business Administration
Georgia Institute of Technology - Atlanta, GA
Bachelor of Science Degree in Computer Engineering
Georgia Institute of Technology - Atlanta, GA