Senior DevOps Engineer2016 - PRESENTToast
Technologies: Ansible, AWS, Ubuntu, Spark, Java, Dropwizard, Heroku, RabbitMQ
- Refactored the existing infrastructure automation to support the deployment of various environments on non-overlapping CIDR ranges. This allowed me to create a unified VPN experience for all Toast employees.
- Migrated the configuration management code from Ansible 1.9 to 2+ and built a test suite to verify end-to-end functionality.
- Created an Apache Spark infrastructure for long-term reporting and analytical workloads.
DevOps Architect2017 - 2017Saylent
Technologies: Ansible, AWS, Jenkins, Groovy, Node.js, Java, Spark
- Supported a new initiative to create a brand new financial analytics product and build the automation to deploy it to multiple environments.
- Created a highly-available spark cluster for data processing.
- Implemented a continuous delivery solution that allowed their developers to work in unison and deploy code to multiple environments.
- Oversaw the Dockerization of the applications in order to ensure the developer and production experience were unified.
Senior DevOps Engineer2016 - 2016Burst
Technologies: Glassfish, Java, AWS, Chef
- Designed and implemented the high-level computing infrastructure architecture for Burst’s primary business SaaS product on Amazon Web Services.
- Implemented the configuration management via Chef which automated the monitoring, provisioning, and identity and access management.
- Created and designed a sustainable continuous delivery process using Jenkins and Git to manage deployments.
Linux Systems Engineer2014 - 2016Lanyon Solutions, Inc.
Technologies: Linux, Nginx, AWS, Chef, Node.js
- Delivered multiple services in the AWS cloud environment, including mapping a traditional datacenter functionality to their cloud counterparts and maximizing the best practices in a hybrid environment and held to a 99.99% uptime standard..
- Handled and was responsible for all the email architecture, created and maintained a Node.js application making up an in-house email analytics solution that enabled in-depth accounting and deeper understanding of our mail flow broken down by product. This application lived natively in AWS using Elastic Beanstalk, ELB, and RDS and sends 150 million communications annually.
- Eliminated an email based system which implemented a cloud-based pager solution, VictorOps, based on an on-call schedule, and integrated with Icinga, New Relic, and Amazon CloudWatch.
- Maintained the infrastructure team’s core services configuration using Chef and Git.