Team Lead | Senior Full-stack Developer2020 - PRESENTRedington, UK
Technologies: .NET Core, AWS, AWS Lambda, Serverless, .NET, SQL, Docker, C#, React
- Led multiple projects involving integrating several features into our app, namely fund and portfolio performance, a workflow to request data from external users, processing data to produce insights, and automation to schedule recurring common users tasks to improve productivity.
- Supported my reports to achieve team and personal development goals; three of my reports increased their responsibilities, e.g., mentoring others, refining issues before meetings, and one became a team lead under my stewardship.
- Created a performance-and-personal development plan with a weekly cadence of accountability for a report who was struggling. In the end, that report achieved a huge amount of progress and continues to improve. The secret was agreeing on consistent and incremental weekly progress goals.
Senior Full-stack Developer2019 - 2020DefinedCrowd
Technologies: .NET Core, React, .NET, SQL, Docker, C#
- Developed .NET Core microservices for the company's distributed system to support the management of users, overseeing jobs, execution of projects, and provide a façade service to the new web app.
- Created microservice and app to connect agents and crowd members via a Twilio integration.
- Built components for our UI component library and features on the front-end sites using React and Redux.
Senior Full-stack Developer2018 - 2019Betway
Technologies: .NET, Umbraco, RabbitMQ, SQL Server 2016, SQL, C#
- Increased message handling throughput which prevented queues from getting too long.
- Solved the problems with the company's bespoke queue client which had been requiring DevOps to frequently restart the apps as it was unable to reconnect once a connection had gone bad.
- Standardized HTTP client usage with HttpFactory to fix HTTP issues exhausting the connection pool.
Senior Full-stack Developer2018 - 2018Pikabytes
Technologies: .NET, TeamCity, Octopus Deploy, SQL, Entity Framework, ASP.NET MVC, C#
- Developed a multi-tenancy application to allow publisher managers to market niche products through content marketing in multiple regions.
- Built a product aggregation background service to grab products from different merchants and update pricing.
- Created build-and-release pipelines in TeamCity and Octopus Deploy.
Senior Full-stack Developer2018 - 2018Madetech
Technologies: .NET, Angular, DevOps, Ionic 4, Azure Cosmos DB, Azure, RESTful APIs, C#
- Developed the front-end Angular app for social workers to assist families.
- Implemented a back end in a .NET RESTful API with a database with Azure Cosmos DB.
- Constructed a build-and-release pipeline in Azure DevOps.
Senior Full-stack Developer2014 - 2017GAIN Capital
Technologies: .NET, ASP.NET MVC, AngularJS, SQL, TeamCity, C#
- Supported and stabilized the legacy applications and maximized performance up to 2,500%.
- Built web APIs to support the old and new onboarding processes.
- Developed a new onboarding system for the company's brands.
- Created new concepts for the new onboarding experience, namely data-driven form configurations, extensible navigation, and field/validation systems.
- Composed BDD automatic documentation with highlights of tested elements and errors in focused partial screenshots to improve communication between IT and the product owners.
- Restructured CI regional sites and landing pages.
- Consulted on the reengineering of the new funding site startup to enable specific branding depending on the client.
- Implemented a trading API, withdrawals forms, internal web and Windows services, and so on.