Verified Expert in Engineering
Fabio is a senior software developer with more than 20 years of experience who can independently follow all design and implementation steps. He has an aptitude for quick learning and effectiveness in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment. Fabio is looking for new professional experiences in the software and hardware fields, including but not limited to embedded hardware, software, and HDL design, and desktop, server, and communication services.
Linux, C, C++, Verilog HDL, GNU Toolchain, Bash Script, Subversion (SVN), Git, GNU Make, Circuit Design, Electrical Engineering, Electronic Sensors, Hardware, Microcontroller Programming, Microcontrollers, Embedded Development, Firmware
The most amazing...
...project I've started is custom motion control firmware for ALMA OSF in the Atacama desert at 9,500 ft elevation, exposed to sandblasts and a very high UV index.
Software and Hardware Engineer
- Developed an embedded application (Linux OS) for a vacuum controller that monitors air pressure and computes setpoints and/or activation for one to many vacuum pumps.
- Developed an embedded application (barebone ARM) to automate oxygen breath pressure supply.
- Developed the hardware (schematics, PCB, and prototypes) and HDL of a software-defined radio capable of running several wireless protocols, targeted as a radio base station for 2G/3G microcells.
- Contributed to the development of HDL for an audio custom equipment testing solution.
- Developed a configurator for ASAM XCP protocols, targeting automotive ECUs.
- Worked on the development of a high-performance data stream decoder for ASAM XCP-based DAQ data streams.
Senior Software Engineer
Phase Motion Control S.p.a.
- Designed and developed software and hardware of an electric vehicle smart charging DC controller, supporting ISO 15118 and CHAdeMO technologies as well as V2G.
- Developed a new generation of C language programmable motion control platform, scaling from electronic-integrated servo motor to stand-alone electronic inverter.
- Developed a generic purpose high-performance IEC languages programmable motion control embedded platforms for brushless motors.
- Performed software design and development of high-performance compact electronic-integrated servo motor.
- Conducted IT infrastructure planning, management, and deployment in an ESXi virtual infrastructure environment, both Linux and Windows-based.
Electronic and Software Engineer
- Served as a data recording engineer for the competition motorcycle in the FIM Road Racing World Championship Grand Prix, 125cc class.
- Conducted data recording equipment planning and management and harness design and construction.
- Developed a prototype of a fly-by-wire throttle servo system (hardware and software), integrated with data recording equipment and engine electrical management equipment.
- Planned the IT infrastructure, deployed and maintained the systems based both on Linux and Windows.
Electronic and Software Engineer
LCR Honda MotoGP
- Acted as a data recording engineer for competition motorcycles in the FIM Road Racing World Championship Grand Prix, 125cc class.
- Served as a recording equipment planner. Managed the processes and designed and constructed harnesses.
- Developed hardware and software of a system to manage the liquid cooler temperature of the internal combustion engine.
- Developed hardware and software of a multifunctional dashboard for the rider.
- Managed the IT infrastructure planning, deployment, and maintenance for both Linux and Windows.
Electronic and Software Engineer
2D Debus & Diebold Meßysteme GmbH
- Developed hardware of a programmable multifunction dashboard based on the CAN bus.
- Developed firmware of the multifunctional dashboard starting from the existing prototype, adapting and bringing it to the production stage.
- Oversaw the electronic prototypization and measurements for the multifunctional dashboard.
Software Developer | IT Manager
- Developed an insurance expertise management application.
- Built an SQL database for the management application.
- Deployed and maintained the overall IT infrastructure that ran the management application.
Electrical Vehicle Smart Charging DC Controller
Power-fail Safe Flash Memory Filesystem
Programmable Power Conversion DSP
Servodrive for Distributed Torque Control
Fly-by-wire Throttle Servo System
Domotic Android App Ecosystem
A home server can send status and exception notifications to the devices through the Google Firebase platform and a local SMS gateway as a backup; both technologies are in-app managed.
Authentication and security are done through HTTPS on Apache web server, with required SSL client certificate as device authentication. The home server has a web server as a back end. PHP scripts deal with local daemons that perform management and gateway to home devices; it also deals with the local MySQL database supporting the ecosystem.
Realtime, .NET, Boost, .NET 5
Subversion (SVN), Altera Quartus, GNU Toolchain, OrCAD, GNU Make, Microsoft Visual Studio, PCB Layout, GDB, Microsoft Visual C++, Eclipse IDE, Visual Studio, Git, Apache, C#.NET WinForms, TwinCAT PLC
Concurrent Programming, Desktop App Development, ASAM XCP
Linux, Windows, Embedded Linux, Windows Server, STM32, Android, Docker
CAN Bus, Networking, Motion Control, Embedded Software, FPGA, Software, Embedded Systems, Real-time Embedded Systems, MCU, Real-time Operating System (RTOS), Bootloaders, IPv4, IP Routing, TCP, TCP/IP, UDP, ARP, NAT, Iptables, Information Technology, Client/Server Networking, Computer Networking, Industrials, Industrial Protocols, Industrial & Manufacturing, Intel Quartus Prime, Programmable Logic Device (PLD), Circuit Design, Electrical Engineering, Motor Control, Electronic Sensors, Hardware, DLL, Microcontroller Programming, Microcontrollers, Embedded Development, Firmware, Routing, PID Controllers, Embedded Hardware, Multithreading, Electronics, ARM Architecture, PCB Design, Digital Design, DSP, Ethernet, IEEE 802.3, ARM, APIs, Encryption, SSL, SSL Certificates, SSL Configurations, PCB, PCB Functional Testing, SSH, ICMP, DNS, BIND DNS, Scripting, Xilinx Vivado, Xilinx Artix-7, ARM Embedded, USB, BSP, HomePlug Green PHY, Data Compression, User Interface (UI), Video Streaming, SMS Gateways, Bluetooth, Radio, Software-defined Radio (SDR)
Databases, JSON, MySQL
Master's Degree in Electronic Engineering
University of Genoa - Genoa, Italy
High School Diploma in Information Technology
Istituto Tecnico Industriale Don Bosco - Genoa, Italy