Hands-on Architect2019 - 2019WST
Technologies: Kubernetes, AWS Cloud, Java, Python
- Migrated existing EC2 applications to Kubernetes.
- Proposed and implemented a new solution for web scraping and, as a result, achieved an optimized data pipeline.
- Helped UI developers integrate their web applications with AWS Cloud.
- Set guidelines for implementing CI/CD pipelines.
Senior Software Engineer2018 - 2018Integrated Digital Solutions, Inc.
Technologies: ElasticSearch, Logstash, Kibana, Spring Boot, AWS, Kubernetes
- Consulted developers and architect to leverage functionality and features of Elasticsearch.
- Developed requested search features in Java using Spring Boot.
- Set up ELK (Elasticsearch, Logstash, Kibana) on Kubernetes.
- Integrated the solution with AWS Cloud.
Senior DevOps Engineer2017 - 2018Jemena
Technologies: Kubernetes, Spring Boot, Java, ActiveMQ, REST
- Designed a high-availabiity messaging system to send SMS to customers.
- Implemented the architecture on an on-premise Kubernetes cluster.
- Designed and implemented a CI/CD pipeline using Bamboo build server.
- Developed a Java application using Spring boot.
- Integrated with ActiveMQ and REST API third parties.
Senior Java Developer2015 - 2017Australia Post
Technologies: Java 8, Spring, Apache Camel, AngularJS, AWS, Docker, Python, Hibernate/JPA
- Implemented a public REST API.
- Developed Australia Post's web application and unit tested UI components.
- Developed a command line utility to help the team save time.
- Designed and implemented a CI pipeline.
- Integrating legacy internal systems with a Rest API.
- Worked with many AWS components and deployed the application to EC2 instances.
Senior Java Developer2014 - 2015MessageMedia
Technologies: Java, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Docker
- Integrated Spring Cache and Ehcache with the application to add an extra in-memory cache layer between the application and Redis.
- Developed a distributed system using RabbitMQ as the messaging backbone.
- Designed a balanced publisher to Amazon SQS.
- Developed a message transmitter component based on SMPP communication protocol and integrated with various providers such as Telstra and Optus.
- Designed and implemented an efficient message consumer (semi-lock free to be called by multiple threads).
Senior Java Developer2014 - 2014Genapsys
Technologies: Java, Spring, Storm, Git, Jenkins
- Designed and implemented the CI pipeline of the company using Docker and Jenkins.
- Set up the network file system and configured embedded Linux to copy files to NFS in an optimized way.
- Refactored the application to use Spring.
- Added New Relic to publish measurements.
- Set up a data processing pipeline using Twitter Storm and integrated it with MATLAB.
Senior Java Developer2012 - 2013SAMAT
Technologies: Java, Spring, Hibernate, REST, AngularJS, Netty, Elasticsearch
- Architected an innovative in-memory electronic fund transfer switch capable of processing 1800 transactions per second with the following characteristics: Failover clustering, horizontal scalability, low latency, and high throughput.
- Designed and implemented the full stack of a web-based monitoring application.
- Designed an advanced CI pipeline to build, test, and deploy an application on VMware ESX using Puppet.
- Developed effective unit, integration, and functional tests.
- Integrated an Elasticsearch server with the application to index incoming transactions data at runtime.
- Set up HAProxy to load balance EFTPOS TCP connections between distributed computing nodes.
Senior Java Developer2012 - 2012Javaneh
Technologies: Java, Spring, Vaadin, Activiti BPM, JPA/HIbernate
- Worked in a deadline-driven environment with an Agile team to develop a CRM solution based on the Activiti business process engine.
- Designed an effective model-driven architecture which helped reduce development costs by generating UI components from the data model at run time.
- Designed an application stack using Spring Core, Spring AOP, Vaadin, and JPA2/Hibernate, as well as configured a data access layer to communicate with the Oracle 11g database.
- Helped the analysis team to model their business processes based on BPMN 2.
- Set up a CI pipeline using TeamCity and Nexus to run the project's unit tests, build artifacts, and finally deploy on testing servers for testing by the QA team.
Senior Java Developer2011 - 2012Khobreh Pardaz
Technologies: Java, Spring, Hibernate, JSP, jQuery, Tomcat, MS SQL 2008
- Implemented robust tamper-proof RESTful web services for a high traffic social website.
- Provided management with a list of social features to engage users more extensively.
- Worked closely with the UI team to fix communication issues between the jQuery Ajax-based client and Java back-end server.
- Developed optimized algorithms to calculate customers' scores based on various loyalty programs.
- Fixed several applications' memory and performance issues by profiling with JProfiler.
- Profiled and optimized SQL queries using the Query Analyzer from MS SQL Server 2008.
- Set up and configured Jenkins to build and run unit (JUnit) and functional (Selenium) tests.
- Set up and integrated a JasperReports Server with MS SQL Server and developed customized reports using a JasperReports library.
Java Developer2008 - 2011Twenies
Technologies: Java, Google App Engine, AWS, jQuery
- Worked in a distributed Agile team to develop a social web application capable of handling a high number of user requests.
- Provided management with a list of cloud opportunities in order to address scalability and performance issues.
- Migrated a part of the internally hosted application to Amazon EC2 and integrated it with Amazon S3 to store.
- user assets.
- Moved the main part of the application to Google App Engine and refactored DAOs to be compatible with GAE.
- Modified and recompiled the source code of Spring Security to be compatible with a GAE environment.
- Migrated the project’s build scripts from Ant to Maven.
.NET Developer2007 - 2008Farineh
Technologies: .NET, C#
- Designed and implemented an interactive task scheduling panel in C# to be used in the reporting panel of a SCADA system.
- Designed an optimized task scheduling algorithm considering dependencies and other constraints to reschedule tasks on new changes.