Verified Expert in Engineering
Farooq has worked in healthcare and higher education for the past 20 years. His most notable work is an online solution that provides back-end technology to the Community Care of North Carolina program. It received the prestigious Annie E. Casey Innovations in American Government Award from the Ash Institute at the Kennedy School of Government at Harvard University for its work in improving health care services for Medicaid and other populations.
Microsoft, Google Data Studio, Microsoft Power BI, SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), Crystal Reports, Office 365, Excel 365, SQL, T-SQL (Transact-SQL), ETL Tools, SQL Stored Procedures
The most amazing...
...product I've developed is an electronic prescription writing software on handheld devices, HP Jornada 820, in 2001.
- Worked with several universities and colleges to improve their IT processes by performing data integrations, better reporting, and implementing third-party software.
- Developed integrations between the student information system, student housing software, early alert system, learning management system, business and finance software, financial aid software, applicant CRM software, and advancement software.
- Automated admission department processes to improve efficiency, reduce errors, and increase enrollment. Developed admission funnel reports for management.
- Created compliance reports for the office of Institutional Effectiveness and Research for timely submission to state, federal, and local agencies.
- Developed dashboards for enrollment, the business office, and the registrar in Google Data Studio. Used Power BI for data reporting and data analysis.
IT Consultant | Community Care of NC
- Designed and developed a web-based patient case management system to manage a set of Medicaid patients.
- Integrated a system with the estate Medicaid system to obtain monthly patient enrollment and claims data.
- Enhanced a system to receive and process ED information from hospitals in electronic format.
- Designed and built multiple databases on an SQL server platform to house patient demographics and patient electronic health records and data audits.
- Designed and developed a secure web-based sample requisition and lab workflow system at CellzDirect.
- Extended system to cover their USA and European operations.
- Designed and built an SQL database to house sample and patient information as well as products created at the lab. Created ad hoc reporting solution for users to query databases on key data fields.
- Created specifications and developed upload and transformation processes to upload lab data, which was stored separately in Excel spreadsheets.
- Developed an online learning platform for behavioral health professionals in ColdFusion. The company was later acquired and evolved into Netsmart University.
- Built a pathology lab software for sample intake and reporting. This reduced errors during intake, allowed better tracking of samples, and streamlined report availability via a secure online portal.
- Enabled a healthcare client in North Carolina to have real-time data availability by generating schema-based XML data files from different data sources for ingestion by a third-party vendor software.
This system was developed using ColdFusion, XML, VB, and SQL Server 2000. It was later bought out by Netsmart Technologies and is now converted to Netsmart University.
Over 350 case managers, social workers, nurses, and physicians used it to manage more than 850,000 Medicaid patients. The system was integrated with the state's Medicaid enrollment and eligibility as well as Medicaid claims systems.
The system also received and processed ED information from hospitals in electronic format. It could accept and transform HIPAA X12N compliant claims data.
Hepatic Research Registry
T-SQL (Transact-SQL), SQL, Visual Basic .NET (VB.NET), XML, VB.NET
Crystal Reports, Microsoft Power BI, Microsoft Access, Microsoft Excel, Flash
Database Design, HIPAA Compliance, Business Intelligence (BI), ETL, Database Development
SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), Data Integration, Microsoft SQL Server, SQL Stored Procedures, SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), SQL Server DBA, PostgreSQL, Data Pipelines, JSON
Excel 365, Data Visualization, Data Reporting, Reporting, Customer Support, Google Data Studio, Office 365, ETL Tools, Data Analysis, IT Project Management, ColdFusion, Custom Solutions, IT Consulting, Web Services, Web Hosting, Server Management, Internet Information Services (IIS), API Integration, Tracking, Web UI, Web App Development, APIs, Data Engineering, Data Analytics, Barcoding
.NET 3, ASP.NET
How to Work with Toptal
Toptal matches you directly with global industry experts from our network in hours—not weeks or months.
Share your needs
Choose your talent
Start your risk-free talent trial
Top talent is in high demand.Start hiring